GGG Please Read, OLD SCHOOL Gamers view of 1.3 ( A constructive QQ dif from the patch tears )

Ok, SO I am 42 years old, Gamer dating back to black and white TV and my first RPG was Adventure on the Atari ( You young bucks Youtube that game!! lol ).

I have played every main MMO out, My Long time games went UO>DaoC>EQ>WoW (Many years ) and spent my share of time in D3 and PoE.

People hate nerfs....It has a negative connotation deeper then any gamer can articulate. Not only because it changes the investment we have spend doing X, but it shows a complete lack of testing on part of the developer. I have a 2013 Mustang GT California Special, its a beast of a car, but if Ford was to ask for it back stating, Opps, sorry we gave you too much horse power post purchase, I would be livid.

I cant say that I have ever read a set of patch notes in my life that screamed NERF HAMMER, can anyone point out even a few things in that essay of patch notes that did not scream Nerf Bat?

I know the patch notes are saturated with the tears of frustrated fans. I decided to write this because I care about this game more then most I have played. In the World of Warcraft you learn to live Nerfs as a lifestyle. I was hoping this game would be different because I had buy in to the developers. But after today’s notes I feel like I just showed up at home and my wife said "Sorry babe, I know you love me at 115 lbs, but I decided to be 250, and love it or leave it!!! ". Without any real explanation as to why?

This game has come as close to perfection ( to me ) as DaOc did, So close...I feel like 1.3 is a HUGE step in the wrong direction. The ONLY reason I will play tomorrow is a lack of other options really. I.E. I am forced to love you for now at 250 with all your Nerfs, but let a viable alternative come around and im out....I think these path notes have ruined my week for sure....

Flame on readers, Flame on...

Last edited by shahmat1972 on Dec 12, 2014, 1:43:26 AM
Meh, the anti nerf bigotry has to die someday.

People in Open Beta had it worse than now, and they survived. The leagues will have longevity that way.

The patch kicked me in the balls, but I can understand why...
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
What makes you think your QQ is all that different from the general QQ apart from being marginally more eloquent?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
I would LOVE to see the real figures, as to how many people stop playing POE after this Patch 1.3.

I might chug along if I can get my build to work again, or might just wait it out for ACT 4 and have a look see then. Although I must say the new leagues look good, just depends how they play out that is.
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
I scaled my main build into a critish state (~51% chance main hand, 65% offhand), and broke 100K DPS for the first time. I was really pleased with the clearspeed and survivability of my character. With the changes in 1.3, if my gear setup remains the same, I estimate my DPS will go down to about 80K. That's a 20% loss, and it may cancel my plan to try and drop Abyssus and still clear fast.

If I respec my character and things don't really work anymore, I may stop playing this game. I've been playing for almost 2 years now and things have been great, but if the high level content I have come to enjoy becomes too frustrating, I may stop playing the game as much.

A guildie of mine jokingly asked if it was too late to recall his supporter packs.

All in all I think everything will end up OK, but there are large amounts of players that aren't happy with the changes and have said "cya till act 4."
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
shahmat1972 wrote:

Flame on wayne!

Flame on garth!

play DA:I, worth your time,or Divinity:OS.

poe rekt shite
* Forum Avatar - $500USD
... -- Bex_GGG
I'd like to see everyone QQing try the leagues. If actually playing the game, you aren't happy and you move on GGG will notice. Then they'll change accordingly for Act 4.

Certainly vote accordingly with your wallet too.

I will. I want to upgrade my supporter pack because I like this direction.
Why do people self-proclaim titles like 'OLD SCHOOL GAMER' like it matters, why the need to beg for attention?

anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Dec 12, 2014, 10:11:03 AM
I've said it before, but I'm not pissed that all the best builds got nerfed, I'm pissed that all the best builds EXCEPT FOR THE SINGLE MOST EXPENSIVE BUILD IN THE ENTIRE GAME got nerfed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info