GGG Please Read, OLD SCHOOL Gamers view of 1.3 ( A constructive QQ dif from the patch tears )

"
shahmat1972 wrote:
Ok, SO I am 42 years old, Gamer dating back to black and white TV and my first RPG was Adventure on the Atari ( You young bucks Youtube that game!! lol ).

I have played every main MMO out, My Long time games went UO>DaoC>EQ>WoW (Many years ) and spent my share of time in D3 and PoE.

People hate nerfs....It has a negative connotation deeper then any gamer can articulate. Not only because it changes the investment we have spend doing X, but it shows a complete lack of testing on part of the developer. I have a 2013 Mustang GT California Special, its a beast of a car, but if Ford was to ask for it back stating, Opps, sorry we gave you too much horse power post purchase, I would be livid.

I cant say that I have ever read a set of patch notes in my life that screamed NERF HAMMER, can anyone point out even a few things in that essay of patch notes that did not scream Nerf Bat?

I know the patch notes are saturated with the tears of frustrated fans. I decided to write this because I care about this game more then most I have played. In the World of Warcraft you learn to live Nerfs as a lifestyle. I was hoping this game would be different because I had buy in to the developers. But after today’s notes I feel like I just showed up at home and my wife said "Sorry babe, I know you love me at 115 lbs, but I decided to be 250, and love it or leave it!!! ". Without any real explanation as to why?

This game has come as close to perfection ( to me ) as DaOc did, So close...I feel like 1.3 is a HUGE step in the wrong direction. The ONLY reason I will play tomorrow is a lack of other options really. I.E. I am forced to love you for now at 250 with all your Nerfs, but let a viable alternative come around and im out....I think these path notes have ruined my week for sure....

Flame on readers, Flame on...

What I gather from this is that you don't care an awful lot about your wife.
That patch literally ripped my main character apart - lvl89 duelist max block sword/shield cyclone (no crits)

Here's the stats pre-disaster 1.3:
4.5k life, 10k cyclone dmg (3 aps), 12k armor, 78% block

NOW:
3.6k life!!, 8.8k cyclone dmg (2.1 aps), 17k armor (WOOO), 75% block (yes someone had the idea to remove 3% block from an existing Lioneye's Remorse)

SRSLY???

BUZZKILL.

BIG TIMES.

AFTER I SPENT THAT MUCH TIME TO GET ALL THAT STUFF TOGETHER AND HAVE THAT CHARACTER WORKING.

FUCK OFF. I'M DONE.

I'M IN EXILE NOW.
"
shahmat1972 wrote:
In the World of Warcraft you learn to live Nerfs as a lifestyle.

That is the only part of your post that is completely NOT true. Since burning crusade the game gets easier and easier and easier.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
estu87 wrote:
play DA:I, worth your time,or Divinity:OS.

poe rekt shite

you cant be serious about new dragon age... its just an offline mmo now
"Individuation ends when emptiness and form become one" Carl Gustav Jung
"
I've said it before, but I'm not pissed that all the best builds got nerfed, I'm pissed that all the best builds EXCEPT FOR THE SINGLE MOST EXPENSIVE BUILD IN THE ENTIRE GAME got nerfed.

If they piss their whales off, they will eating beans and living in the office.
Dun Dun Duh
Last edited by LtGnar on Dec 20, 2014, 12:30:59 AM
I love how people are screaming "OLD SCHOOL", "HARDCORE GAMIN!", "PRO GAMING", "NOT A CASUAL GAME AS D3", yet when any nerf comes in, everyone are like "Q___Q, this game is so hard now, how do I play".

Yes, it is all Q___Q. Block was too strong. Deal with it. Other stuff was too strong too.

At the side note, I love how every streamer and "pro-hardcer playur" was saying that Beyond was "annoying" because it added difficulty to leveling process at low levels.

Really? I mean, is this what you want? Steam-roll until you reach 60-70? Gotta say that leveling from 1-70 is boring as fuck atm. I'm disappointed in GGG not adding Beyond to main game, and kinda Lolish at all those people claiming they are "pro-hardcur", but were crying about Beyond being hard (no,no, annoying*). It added some diversity in way you plan your leveling, instead of "GO THE MOST AoE YOU CAN, AND WHOOP WHOOP ALL THOSE HUGE BLUE PACKS, BECAUSE THEY DON'T DO SHIT ANYWAYS".

One week race with both Beyond and Rampage was the most fun I ever had leveling up from 1 to 70. It was hard, I died a lot, because I had this "roflstomp, don't give a shit" mind-set. It being only a map mod is a huge disappointment.

I'm not saying that Beyond was perfect and balanced - it could use some work. Esp the elemental damage. But removing it because it made game harder? Meh.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
If you 'love the game' as you say, you should accept that some nerfs are needed to keep it healthy.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
OP has a nice car and a hot wife.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Your analogy doesn't really apply, because Ford did NOT give you that mustang for free.

Your bank and phone service providers do this to you all the time.... "plan subject to change at any time without notice".

My point is, read the fine print, you agreed to it.

I'm not a fan of the recent patch either, and I've complained about it. I Have not, however, acted as though I was entitled to anything other than what GGG deems us worthy of, as it seems you are.
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
Last edited by GodlyMe on Dec 20, 2014, 10:24:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info