Mathil's Crit Elemental Buzzsaw (2.0 Uber Viable)

Hi Mathil, hey guys,

really cool build you got there going (again!) Planing this on Torment. But I've found that your Ranger start is little appealing as new league starting area: Lots of bridging to be done, little life and damage gain at the beginning. And there is now little motivation to move into the maurauder/templar area as the OPie crit nodes got deleted. So for a 5-link version with Clarity on life, I've come up with a variant, which utilises Ranger area a bit more. The Reduced Mana Reserved @16% should be enough accoring to the mana calc tool to have 70 (10%) unreserved Mana left to spam attacks. Advantage is higher aura effectiveness. If not enough, we can still specc into Leadership cluster (3 points).

Skilltree lvl89 for Offline Tool

Link to poebuilder Lvl89 tree

Now my Variant does have exactly the same amount of increased damage from elemental and projectile damage nodes. And the exact same amount of crit chance and crit multi. Got 12% higher life increase here, but about 55 less base life, due to less strenght. There is the possibility of swapping nodes off shadow start ele dmg into Heartseeker crit cluster. Only downside is, that here we need +10 Strenght on gear for CWDT+IC combo (50 STR less than your build.)

I'd be happy about some feedback and discussion. E.g. if projectile dmg nodes are inferior to ele dmg nodes and if the unreserved mana pool estimation is correct.

Kind regards,
Rizzel
IGN: SQiRRL, GhostCat
Last edited by Rizzel on Dec 11, 2014, 8:39:59 PM

Hi i was wondering if someone could tell me if this was a decent dagger to map with until i find/buy something better. I can't craft attack speed on it but i can put WED on it.
Which is better?
curent

refinement

Unique
Last edited by Aostrol on Dec 11, 2014, 11:33:26 PM
I saw the Mathil's 1.3 and don't know if it worths to follow this build by crit of flat regular ele buzzer. I really want to hear his thoughts and if he will continue with this thread. Please throw some light in this topic. Right now I'm pretty sad about the crit nerfs :(
"
Aostrol wrote:
Which is better?
curent

refinement

Unique

i would say the current one. having high crit and As is good for this build
Sorry for repost, but I would like to share my experience so far before 1.3

I thought about following this build because I found in my stash

So I decided to start leveling a new shadow. Level 83 so far, gear and tree (finished the "dps part" of Mathil's one, from now on my intention is to grab life):
Gear
Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBDH0OSA-rEH8Rlha_Fy8Ziho4Go8mlSftKjgqTSzhLYMyCTWSPC0_J0GHRXxHBkrIUEJRTFM1VUtV1lfiWfNd8mHiY0Nk52aebBZsRm6qb55wUnBWcNVybHcHd-V9W311feN-vYCkgseDCYcThxmJ04w2kBuQVZJ9lwaXl5f-mG-aE5u1nKSiLqc0p4SpbqxHrGasqrQ4tfK3Prk-u-PAGsM6xKLE9saexq7KStN-2HbYvdvU5Rnlz-w48uH22vb8-ej60vsJ-_X8S_4K_ro=

I just miss Sniper and one 8% WED node as offensive passives. Also level up a few more gems. Right now I sit at 18k dps with no charges, and 22,5k with 5 power charges up.

The main question is, is it reachable to get Mathil's dps? I find pretty hard to get gear upgrades since you have to find t1 rolled +wed pieces of gear and can't find a clue beyond leveling gems and get a bit more wed to achieve 33'ish K dps.

Anyway, freaking funny build, just want to share this with you and hope for an answer that let me hit endgame propperly.

Thanks in advance, and see you in Wraeclast :P Bb!
Last edited by Eidanx on Dec 12, 2014, 8:34:30 AM
"
Eidanx wrote:
I saw the Mathil's 1.3 and don't know if it worths to follow this build by crit of flat regular ele buzzer. I really want to hear his thoughts and if he will continue with this thread. Please throw some light in this topic. Right now I'm pretty sad about the crit nerfs :(

I'll try things out when I get the chance to and see how much better/worse it is. At the moment based on the changes/tree I think Crit Ele Buzz will still work fine but be a little more passive/gear intensive. On the upper end it should still be a very good build.

In general I think Ele Buzzsaw (noncrit) will probably be an easier to make and more all-round build to do with the new patch.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Thanks for the feedback Mathil, I will wait until you make your move. Can't wait!!
any update on the build?
"
metapox wrote:
any update on the build?

^this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info