Mathil's Crit Elemental Buzzsaw (2.0 Uber Viable)

Last edited by jdonk on Dec 23, 2015, 3:20:37 PM
"
jdonk wrote:

Hmm. There are a few things I'm doing significantly differently. But I'm also going claws. I'll see how my stats are balancing near lvl 90 as to see what I do with the tree. I had fully geared out a lvl 90 EA and then dropped this claw, so I was persuaded to have a look at Buzzsaw.

At what stage did you feel you could move away from BM gem? Currently 63, I'll pick up my Claw and a lvl 20 Wrath at 70, and looking to see how soon I can go to Mana based. It takes ~8 points to get Charisma and the Mana Leech nodes. Maybe I should look at coordinating that for lvl 70 too.
IGN: PurpleTrapperPuppet / Perandus
Ok, so in my opinion, this build is just bonkers in this patch.

Gear at lvl 80:

Spoiler

I just specced into Mana Leech and got rid of my BM gem. I was able to get rid of my life leech gem at 70. For mana, I've specced into Mana Flows, Spirit Void and the one node before it, Charisma, and nothing else. Whilst I do attack once or twice, and then there is a little delay, once I hit something, the leech is absolute smooth sailing. I can't imagine it being any smoother without trying to go for a larger mana pool, and I don't think that's worth the investment. I leech plenty of mana for constant attacking on a 6L.

I may try even getting rid of Mana Flows. If I can still leech whilst attacking and it doesn't increase the initial delay any more, it's just a waste of two points.

No charges with GMP: 16.6k dps
All charges with GMP: 30k dps
All charges with Culling Strike: 42k dps

Yeah, holy crap. I have all my life nodes and will get to a good 5k hp by 90. My next 4 levels will get me Harrier, 3% AS, 3% AS, Jewel Socket. Have some fairly powerful jewels, but I specced out of them temporarily to go Mana based. I can see my dps jumping a huge amount again as I'll be able to get 3 more jewel sockets by 90.

Crit Multi is amazing, as is AS obviously.

I was lucky and found this claw myself. That said, for such a powerful build, you can really shop well. Apart from Mali's/Rat's Nest setting you back a bit, you can really score an awesome weapon for cheap as they are not particularly in style at the moment. Same goes for jewellery (I got that Amulet for 25 freaking chaos!) and Jewels. Ele Claw ST is such a mishmash of stats that you can find some absolute steals on 3 and 4 damage stat jewels.

In summary? This build is just bullshit. Ridiculous.

Edit: will check dps with crit damage gem soon.
Not sure if there's any other gems to consider for 6th link.
Last edited by ElPuppet on Dec 26, 2015, 8:33:51 AM
@jdonk & @ElPuppet

could you please set your character profile to public if you don't mind?
I'd really like to see your skilltrees/gear. If not, the current skilltree would help as well.
"
DaRkn3sS1000 wrote:
@jdonk & @ElPuppet

I'd really like to see your skilltrees/gear. If not, the current skilltree would help as well.

Done, ign: GravitysUnion

Moved on to another character for now, so I'm still using a 4L and wrecking things, 5th and 6th would be lightning pen and added light.
Last edited by jdonk on Dec 28, 2015, 4:28:14 PM
Frenzy in the helm has to hit right? Seems dangerous with such small chance to evade.
"
jdonk wrote:
"
DaRkn3sS1000 wrote:
@jdonk & @ElPuppet

Done, ign: GravitysUnion

Moved on to another character for now, so I'm still using a 4L and wrecking things, 5th and 6th would be lightning pen and added light.

Thank you :)
Gave me a good idea of how to build my passive tree. Although I'm playing as ranger...hopefully ElPuppet will also help me out with his skill tree.
Well, I'm coming back to the build.

I've still got my claw, but nothing else, will take awhile to get good jewellery etc again. I don't want to cash out my main Uber killer, so I'll be taking the journey from almost scratch again.

I say almost, because I got a drop which is fairly good with this build, especially the new no LL no BM style.

Just freaking amazing for this.
Is this build still viable? I played Elemental Buzzsaw 2 years ago and its still my favorite build. Haven't played the game since then and would like to play it again.
IGN : Futons
how hard would it be to convert this tree to fit a ranger? I have been leveling one up as a tornado shot but saw raider tree and the onslaught buffs in it, plus the 2pt node that gives chance to gain frenzy on kill and was thinking that it would be an insane boost to our attack speed.
The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists, until the moment you do not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info