Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

1.3, still no CRIT or ACUITY nerf. Disappointed.

"
amksoljanka wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
check Mathil' Flame Dub and tell me if you still think that

I have seen that build already, it clears good ofc, but theres almost no difference between the clear speed of crit and non crit fb.

"almost" suuure

show me a non crit fb that "almost" oneshots double dominus on palace map.

Well last league i ran a molten strike maruader classic build RT etc, as it stands right now i can do the entire build on the opposite side of the tree (ranger/shadow) and with cost equivalent gear going dagger/shield/crit instead of doryani's/shield/rt i have 4-5 times the damage with the only disadvantage being less life. I also get powerful flask nodes that seem pretty easy to make up for less life. One change that i would suggest is to make it easier to be a proper tank, nothing wrong with 15000 ttdps but when your just as vulnerable as someone with many times that damage whats the point. Also its never bothered me that a few players (probably 1 in a 1000) can get god tier gear, its only affected me one time in all the hours playing across the last 7 months.
Last edited by Fhark on Nov 27, 2014, 2:29:08 PM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
But... if there were an alternative to "take the crit road to do DpS", that would lessen the gap between 30k and 200k, most "nerf crit" people would most likely be happy.

Yes it is a good point, left side of the tree could have access to some damage multipliers or whatever that crit/ranged cannot use, if damage is an issue.
Last edited by mammoth_hunter on Nov 27, 2014, 3:04:18 PM
"
Boem wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
Acuity is balanced by rarity?

yeah right, pretty spot on, given that most 'top dogs' BOUGHT their spots. with various means. for them 'rarity' means only how much they have to spend. and for people already ready to pay for it - it means nothing

The context here is temp-league's sid.

given that context everybody can become a top-dog and buy his pair since the playing field starts equally.

The level playing field lasts only for the first few weeks of each temp league, until the bots and rmt sites replenish their stocks. In the meantime, the most aggressive have sold off their gear from the previous league for FG, and are ready to pay2win for a head start in the new leagues. Level-8 crafting will follow a similar mercantile pattern.

As for the OP, we'll just have to wait and see what GGG does to the Skill Tree this time. My bet is they nerf crit nodes like they did HP and mana reservation nodes, making it harder for all players to get even modest amounts of crit/mult, while leaving the same broken game engine in place and making builds even more dependent on OP Uniques.

The bottom line with Acuity is that it is OP only because crit chance, crit multiplier, and APS are unconstrained and out of control. The right solution is to not to nerf the items or skill tree nodes, but to instead implement reasonable soft caps and diminishing returns formulas in the core game engine. Players who grind into the 90's with elite gear should have an edge on the rest of us, but it should not produce grotesquely inflated 50K+ levels of DPS that trivialize the game and make it impossible to balance.
Last edited by RogueMage on Nov 27, 2014, 4:17:02 PM
"
zzang wrote:
"almost" suuure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0zN-WeEY9g

"
OJ8_Graz wrote:

Lmao....

But in all seriousness, they haven't released anything - what are you talking about?
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
amksoljanka wrote:
"
zzang wrote:
"almost" suuure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0zN-WeEY9g

Hey mate thanks for the link im actually really glad you proved me wrong.
There is atleast one skill thats on par with a crit specc.
Don't forget Incinerate.

Try to equal the raw dps of it against bosses like Atziri and most crit specs will fail.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
50K damge cap ffs.
Its shame that GGG does not care the balance at all
such shame

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info