1.3, still no CRIT or ACUITY nerf. Disappointed.

There are plenty viable non crit builds: fb, srs, mjölner, incinerate and many more. Only attack based non crit builds suck atm, those builds need a buff.
Acuity is a very powerful item, but it's good to have such items. It's really rare and hard to get in so it's fine. There needs to be a reason to grind 24/7. Imo they should introduce more uniques on the level of acuity for other builds, not just for crit builds.

Acuity is balanced by rarity?

yeah right, pretty spot on, given that most 'top dogs' BOUGHT their spots. with various means. for them 'rarity' means only how much they have to spend. and for people already ready to pay for it - it means nothing

as for the crit.

i would be happy if ggg stated 'crit is the way this game is to be played at top level' - and that would settle it. no bs about diversity, different weapons and all that other sweet talk

amusher, harbringer, imbued/prophecy + crit == gameplay

this is how it is currently. want to have an EFFECTIVE and CHEAP build? get ~220pdps crit dagger, pick most of the dagger crit nodes from right side, select a skill of choice. voila. endgame viable build. rest of the gear can be pretty much life+resists. it wont one shot stuff, but it is perfectly viable (with 1shot white mobs) up to 76-77 and after that it still manages

take a 300pdps sword and no crit and try to match that. flat phys, attack speed and aura nodes just to reach respectable damage make build costly both gear and passive wise. much more costly than crit stuff.

same applies to bows
mediocre harbringer + crit > top rolled spine/imperial + non crit

sure, Acuity are costly, but a) if one does not scale dps like an idiot it is not needed b) most ranged builds + ondars == pretty much reflect immunity c) not all crit builds are CoCS

crit multi > all.
and it is a complete bs that dagger can reach the same pdps as a sword AND enjoys ~10% crit chance + ~2aspd.. complete bs
"
sidtherat wrote:

this is how it is currently. want to have an EFFECTIVE and CHEAP build? get ~220pdps crit dagger, pick most of the dagger crit nodes from right side, select a skill of choice. voila. endgame viable build. rest of the gear can be pretty much life+resists. it wont one shot stuff, but it is perfectly viable (with 1shot white mobs) up to 76-77 and after that it still manages

There are non crit builds that would clear way faster with less currency invested(burn prolif for example) than someone with a 220 pdps crit dagger.

"
sidtherat wrote:
Acuity is balanced by rarity?

yeah right, pretty spot on, given that most 'top dogs' BOUGHT their spots. with various means. for them 'rarity' means only how much they have to spend. and for people already ready to pay for it - it means nothing

The context here is temp-league's sid.

given that context everybody can become a top-dog and buy his pair since the playing field starts equally.

Other points hold pretty much true do, but i felt the need to highlight that part since it is true for temp league's.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
amksoljanka wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

There are non crit builds that would clear way faster with less currency invested(burn prolif for example) than someone with a 220 pdps crit dagger.

example?

because prolif burn is the WORST counterargument - burn prolif loves crit as it is the highest damage value that determines the damage. guess what - crit provides WAY higher max damage values, even if these happen less frequently
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
amksoljanka wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

example?

because prolif burn is the WORST counterargument - burn prolif loves crit as it is the highest damage value that determines the damage. guess what - crit provides WAY higher max damage values, even if these happen less frequently

Flameblast. Non crit fb will clear way faster than crit fb, because you need high cast speed, aoe and fire/burn/spell damage. There is simply no more room to go crit. You can't get decent crit chance/multi without sacrificing any of those stats. You will end up oneshotting stuff anyway.

"
amksoljanka wrote:

Flameblast. Non crit fb will clear way faster than crit fb, because you need high cast speed, aoe and fire/burn/spell damage. There is simply no more room to go crit. You can't get decent crit chance/multi without sacrificing any of those stats. You will end up oneshotting stuff anyway.

check Mathil' Flame Dub and tell me if you still think that
"
sidtherat wrote:

I have seen that build already, it clears good ofc, but theres almost no difference between the clear speed of crit and non crit fb.

"
amksoljanka wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

I have seen that build already, it clears good ofc, but theres almost no difference between the clear speed of crit and non crit fb.

and now - notice that i havent even talk about spells. you 'can' make workable non-crit build (but crit ALWAYS works better)

now take a look at attack builds..

inb4 - no, summoners do not count, mjolnr does not count (but check Mathil fakenir to see just how broken CoCS is)
"
sidtherat wrote:
and now - notice that i havent even talk about spells. you 'can' make workable non-crit build (but crit ALWAYS works better)

now take a look at attack builds..

inb4 - no, summoners do not count, mjolnr does not count (but check Mathil fakenir to see just how broken CoCS is)

"
amksoljanka wrote:
There are plenty viable non crit builds: fb, srs, mjölner, incinerate and many more. Only attack based non crit builds suck atm, those builds need a buff.

Yeah, i think as well that non crit attack builds aren't viable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info