Something Different: Things POE does really well.

No bans, to my knowledge, for playing the game via WINE.
Love the game, hate Windows more than I love the game.

Thank you for letting me have my cake and eat it, too.
Hi there,

first thing that I noticed for me was of course the flask. What a great idea it is !

I like the tree and I like to have a new every 3 month. A lot of build possibility and new idea every 3 month, that's great !

Even if it is not a perfect system right now, the orb system is great. Finally no gold, you have to trade your item for orb that you can use on your gear to upgrade. I really like the idea ! It is good for the atmosphere, Exile have no gold, no wealth, so they need to trade what they can and orb give me this illusion. (ah ah ah just understood what Dominus said to me know !)

I like the skill system actually. The idea that you can combine 2 skills together to change how it works is great. I hope that in the future the concept will be more crazy like flameblast + ice nova = Iceblast for example (well in poe 2 maybe^^)

We do not say it enough but GAME IS FREE !!! Only cosmetic thing !!! Incredible thing !!! No Pay to win !!! I did not thought about 2 years ago that a free 2 play could give me so much fun

nothing in my mind ._. idk why i keep playing it *-*
1)Most mechanics "tie up" very nicely.
With the exception a few (new league mechanics *wink* *wink*)

examples...
- Currency has a variety of applications be it items, maps and recently boxes.
- Mods such as Blood Magic can appear as map mods, as item mods and the passive tree. Know one and you know them all.

2)Game is subtly very forgiving.

- Often said that PoE's skill tree is unforgiving since it doesn't allow for large amounts of respect.
We forget the PoE "skilltree" is all passives, the active component of our skillsets can actually be swapped out at anytime. Which allows for some nice variety per character as long you stay along a "similar" vein of build.
Especially true when levelling.
- Lots of mechanics, but learning is mostly intuitive. Specific wording (added, increased etc.), monster skills are often variants of player skills (even when they aren't, the effect is usually blatantly obvious, ie. Vaal Smash)

3)Scratches a lot of "gamer itches"

- The 3 core stats; flat defense (life/es), damage, resource (mana/BM) scale constantly, its very easy to get them to upgrade in small pips.
- By extension of the above, all other offense/defense layers come (mostly) in nice big chunks. (Proc gems, Keystones, uniques etc.) Once you get it, you get it. Theres rarely ever a buildup required for it to be good.
Last edited by lemonades on Nov 25, 2014, 6:34:07 PM
"
AlteraxPoe wrote:

FLASKS

Flasks work so nicely in Poe.

In the quality of life department I don't have to run around picking up hundreds of flasks, storing them, sorting them, etc....

I can craft them to work with any build reasonably, they are plentiful, and come in a wide assortment, and can be generally boosted with baubles.

Functionally they work great, I still have to pay some attention to them - more or less attention depending on build - but not overbearingly so in any situation I have encountered.
They recharge at a reasonable rate, fast enough they work well, but not so fast they can always be ignored.

Next...

very good point, the flasks in this game are much better than in diablo2, although i'd like a combination of the 2, some rechargeable flasks and some that you have to farm
Voice acting

"I fight for God exile, who do you fight for"

"The touch of god"

"This world is an ilusion exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info