Something Different: Things POE does really well.

"
AlteraxPoe wrote:
All the negativity in the forums is getting pretty old.

Not everybody is negative, but its pretty rare to see a truly positive post, and that's just not right.

Maybe if we made some positive posts we could improve the General Discussion's atmosphere a bit.

I'll start off with something Poe does well.

FLASKS

Flasks work so nicely in Poe.

In the quality of life department I don't have to run around picking up hundreds of flasks, storing them, sorting them, etc....

I can craft them to work with any build reasonably, they are plentiful, and come in a wide assortment, and can be generally boosted with baubles.

Functionally they work great, I still have to pay some attention to them - more or less attention depending on build - but not overbearingly so in any situation I have encountered.
They recharge at a reasonable rate, fast enough they work well, but not so fast they can always be ignored.

Next...

The way flasks work in this game, i agree is a very nice change. However the resist flasks are to OP, make people rely on them for survivability, which is stupid. Flasks should be a tool, not a requirement beyond heals. The Passive Tree is where people should get stats required for there builds, or auras, not 4second flasks.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
Economy.

HA!
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/
"
iHaku wrote:
having an endgame
lol
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
I think GGG does 90% of the things right - and this is exactly the reason why we bitch all the time - cause we're spoiled by them and always expect the most out of their product.

Think about it - people take time out of their lives to go to forum and complain about something - if they hated the game, wouldn't they just simply 'not play the game'.

Instead, they feel compelled to play the game because of how awesome it is, but since some things get in a way of them enjoying it to its full potential, they take their time and effort in order to influence GGG to make corrections needed for the full enjoyment.

And it makes sense - if you're spending 12 hours a day doing one thing, you have the time to find out about smalles of negativities of the product, and naturally, you'd want to have these 12 hours as enjoyable as it can get.

Well, that is a theory.

I think many people have a negative outlook. I don't know (nor does anybody else to my knowledge) for a fact whether it comes from their nature, or from life experience, but my money is on life experience. Babies and small children are seldom negative.

Negativity breeds negativity. It becomes a downward spiral fast. It happens to me.

I have to make a conscious effort to look at the positive at times. I think most people do.

Its very easy to be negative, requires no thought, just follow along.

Harder to be positive especially in the face of negativity, at least for me, and from what I see of life, many people.

On the good side, being positive can breed itself also.

Perhaps if we discuss the things we really like about the game in detail a little more often - the way people discuss the things they don't like - maybe we would see more of those good things happen.
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.
The community. It's way better than the forums suggest.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
I think GGG does 90% of the things right - and this is exactly the reason why we bitch all the time - cause we're spoiled by them and always expect the most out of their product.

Bingo.

"
Arrowneous wrote:

GGG has also perfected the art of bi-polarizing arpg players. It's a love or hate attitude toward PoE with no neutral zone.

I'd say it's rather due to how they designed their game rather than a conscious choice.

IGNs -> MaitresseRemi/Mamie_Machette/MainDroiteMainGauche
The addiction factor. They nailed it. In spite of the games obvious flaws, this is a difficult game to put down and walk away from.
Leagues. They get players with common rule sets together. I think they're really missing the boat not putting out the paid for custom leagues that they were talking about 2 years ago. Private leagues would revitalize this game.
Content.

This game flat out pushes content. It's very rare that a game stays fresh for so long. Other games could stand to learn something from the 2 week update schedule PoE was on for a while.
If we will continue talking about good sides, we will make GGG think that game is too awesome, they will chill out and start to do their work half-maded. We need to make GGG think that everything is bad to make them work 200% harder for the content and stuff.

So, uhh...

GGG, you are bad. Game is dead. All quit. Do something!

Im kidding =D
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info