Something Different: Things POE does really well.

- Flasks. Absolutely awesome.

- Keeping the game attractive by revamping passive tree. It is the main reason I come back and check the game after few months. Some people dont like it, but it definitely brings back people for a few weeks.

- Story way better than other ARPGs. Well it is same; you kill thousands of trash and then a boss who stand in your way before you reach the main boss; but still it has a nice way of being presented. Then again who cares why we slay those thousands of monter we slay. We would still kill them if they were smurfs went out to gather berries.

That's about it I guess.
"
symban wrote:
*smurfs

you would kill a smurf sir? :p

anyway I also like this:
"
symban wrote:
Keeping the game attractive by revamping passive tree

I need more purple titles
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:
"
jdilly23 wrote:
They are great at sticking to their vision.

Regardless of the consequences it has on the game.

Must be hard to ignore that much feedback though.

Thank god they ignore the feedback I say..95% of POE player base is just crying for nerfs left and right.You call that feedback..
Whatever

I know reading obviously isn't a thing you excel at, but take a look at the feedback section of the forum.

And then think really hard about PoE.

The ONLY feedback that they dont ignore is whining for nerfs. The vast majority of the feedback has absolutely nothing to do with nerfing anything.

Or maybe they just believe certain things should be nerfed? That would make more sense.

Most developers cant help but give in, so kudos to GGG for not.
"just for try, for see and for know"
The best thing about POE is the update cadence. It's not as fast as it used to be, but it's still pretty good. Something major every 4 months is better than most games can muster.

Second I'd give to character planning. Wide selection of passives, skill linking options, and gear selection all add to character depth.

Third I'd give to challenge. It's not mind-numbingly simple, nor is it soul-crushingly difficult. They could probably increase challenge on short-term obstacles (like how tactical you have to play to win an average fight). Long-term challenges I'd like to see go the other direction, shortening or simplifying things a bit (things like fusing a 6L or gearing for Atziri).
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:
RNG

We all had this moment when you are in a losing streak vs rng, lost all jews on your Cloak of Defiance and still didn't 6s, used 200 fuses on a 6s and not even 5L, try to chrom 4 off on a Regalia and after 300 its still all blue, crafts ES% on Elreon Bench and get 5% twice in a row :(... Then the next 66 map you decide to do just to get a few alts and randomly you get an Occultist Vestment unique drop.. you hover over it. and its not a troll mantle.

Rinse and repeat this neverending cycle :). The unseen gamble is real, and its very very addicting.

I think you just summed up my entire Rampage experience, except it was Carcass instead of Cloak. RNG is the bees knees yo.
XBOX-----------------
Kitava Supporter
Dominator Supporter
1st Lvl 100: Incursion League
1st SSF UE, UA, and Shaper: Delve League
The skill tree. I love the skill tree. It's big. It offers diversity. It gives me warm feelings when it reminds me of FFX.

Balance. I know many of you laugh at this, and it's always a work in progress, but I'm constantly amazed at how a tweak here affects a tweak there and keeps things in order with dps versus survivability. Sure, the tree has its problems (how could it not given its size?); what I'm really blown away by is unique item and gem balancing.

Constant updates. We get little news updates most days, which is unheard of! It's fantastic. Lots of patches, keep the content coming.

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Fishing.

Oh yes.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
- Skill tree, i often spend more time planning builds than actually playing the game

- Leveling, especially in a new league. So much fun to see your character grow in this game.

- Being OP. When discussing about balance and all that most people forget that its actually the goal in an ARPG to become godlike.

- Always having something to pick up. Its like a fusing here, an RGB-item there, some Transmutes, oh look: A map, wait, i need this yellow ring for my Chaos recipe etc... Its like a constant feeling to archieve something.

- Unique items that truly are unique.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

PoE is good at weeding out the bad players that think they are knowledgeable but are really in denial.

AKA "omg all these changes need to happen to make PoE molded exactly to me, it's the games fault that I can't do this or that or compete with the top people, it's not my fault"
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Nov 25, 2014, 5:47:35 AM
"

PoE is good at weeding out the bad players that think they are knowledgeable but are really in denial.

AKA "omg all these changes need to happen to make PoE molded exactly to me, it's the games fault that I can't do this or that or compete with the top people, it's not my fault"

Exactly my thoughts. Those scrubs complain that what they see on the screen is not reliable and want the game to be molded to their expectation of reliable manual controls.
"
symban wrote:
"

Exactly my thoughts. Those scrubs complain that what they see on the screen is not reliable and want the game to be molded to their expectation of reliable manual controls.

He didn't mean desync but you know that :3
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info