How would you fix elemental Hit?

"
Lightshard wrote:
Ele Hit is fine.

First try to Build it, then come Back.

After Reading the 4 Pages of "opinions" here, i know that 90% of you Guys, only googled the Gem on Wiki.

And on Wiki the Manacost and everything else is outdated as Fuck.

Ele Hit is viable and not even expensive to Build.

You dont know how? Well, thats not a Reason to bitch about a working Gem.

Bitch about Shieldcharge or so, thats one of the uselesst Gems.

Light
only need a lemon and tequila to go with that salty taste
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
give it ele leech :^)
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
"
comm_il_vec wrote:
give it ele leech :^)
something like
while 1 element is used
damage done by the 2 other elements will have X% Life leech
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
simple: halve the mana cost
increase damage decrease mana cost, write essay about it
The damage on it is fine.

EE never really works with elemental based damage attacks for the reasons people say, other auras and elemental damage sources. You will have to lose the benefit of heralds, auras, and ele damage from other sources to make EE work, and in party play it simply won't work most of the time (because of other people rockin auras) else you will hurt everybody by putting +res on mobs.

You could do the fire prolif version but then I'd argue you're better off just using 3-dragons ice shot with a bow.

I don't think ele hit cycling elements would provide much benefit.

The mana cost on it is the only thing that makes it outrageous imo. Back in the day, the mana cost was justifiable as elemental damage at such high values weren't easily accessible. With shit like windripper/pisc, heralds, etc. etc. the mana cost isn't justifiable imo. But GGG just did a rebalance on mana costs recently and didn't touch ele hit. I guess they think it's fine then?

I think a rework is pretty unlikely and not really needed though (rebalance maybe on mana cost though).
Last edited by DestroTheGod on Nov 26, 2014, 12:24:27 AM
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
The damage on it is fine.

EE never really works with elemental based damage attacks for the reasons people say, other auras and elemental damage sources. You will have to lose the benefit of heralds, auras, and ele damage from other sources to make EE work, and in party play it simply won't work most of the time (because of other people rockin auras) else you will hurt everybody by putting +res on mobs.

You could do the fire prolif version but then I'd argue you're better off just using 3-dragons ice shot with a bow.

I don't think ele hit cycling elements would provide much benefit.

The mana cost on it is the only thing that makes it outrageous imo. Back in the day, the mana cost was justifiable as elemental damage at such high values weren't easily accessible. With shit like windripper/pisc, heralds, etc. etc. the mana cost isn't justifiable imo. But GGG just did a rebalance on mana costs recently and didn't touch ele hit. I guess they think it's fine then?

I think a rework is pretty unlikely and not really needed though (rebalance maybe on mana cost though).
but if pretty much nobody uses it, it defies the purpose of a skill gem

GGG spent time and effort making it, with the little they are working with, they better make all of their additions be useful in the game
It's a bloody good skill already. Just needs a slightly lower mana cost.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info