How would you fix elemental Hit?

but if you make it cycle then elemental equilibrium is a no brainer
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
I wouldn't fix it.
Mana cost. Skill with flat damage. Best way to scale it? Attack speed. More attack speed -> more mana used. Makes no sense.
If you want to go for something like heavy hitting, crit, status effects, you just go for Fire/Lightning/Ice Arrow. Oh, Elemental hit can do melee too? Lightning Strike, Infernal Blow, Molten Strike, Glacial Hammer... why would anyone use it? :=S

Also it looks REALLY dull. :-V
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Fire_Kid wrote:
but if you make it cycle then elemental equilibrium is a no brainer

You'll still use wrath, anger, and all heralds with it, essentially hitting with all elements at once.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Elemental Hit is totally perfect and balanced.

As support gem will be SUPER OP.

Maybe the mana cost could be reduced, yeah. No more.
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/
"
Hyskoa wrote:
I'd turn it from a bow skill into something more fun. Every time you cast it, 3 orbs of different elements start radiating outward from the caster. Pretty much like vaal ST for spells.

Or, thinking outside the box, what makes an elemental arrow different from a regular arrow.
Well, fairly simple, the arrow will be made exclusively from the element. So if a fire arrow would be shot, it would leave behind a trail of fire, if it shot an ice arrow you'd have a single line of ice blocking the enemy from reaching you, if you had an electric arrow you'd have a larger charge time after which you'd shoot a single bolt of lightning from your hands.

Have all 3 arrows have a synergy with the rest.
Namely:
- fire arrow + ice arrow, the ice would evaporate, but the fog created would do slightly less damage over a wider range(like a lesser version of poison arrow).

- fire arrow first + lightning arrow, the flesh of the enemy would be scalded and more fragile/breakable for more pinpoint types of damage. Meaning you'd get a haemorrhage effect.

- ice + lightning => Enemies are slowed and can damage one another when touching due to residual sparks inside the shards of ice.

- fire + fire => ground turns to magma.

- ice + ice = larger frostwall

- lightning + lightning => one enemy turns into a lightning spire. Sending arcs to other enemies present.

that is pure love. i love the idea but im not sure if thats doable.. i'd guess the magma from fire+fire could be the fire elemental's trail. fire + lightning could give a level 30 or so proj. weakness and fire + ice could give a smoke screen which 'poisons' the enemies, blinds them and gives them a little slow. (just like when a human is in a burning room, they can barely breath and its extremly unhealthy)
Last edited by Therealshotzz on Nov 24, 2014, 5:09:31 AM
I used it as single target skill (together with Blood Magic) in my Windripper build.

Then Tornado Shot came along......
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Mana cost is the only thing that hurts it. I disagree that its a top 5 worst skill though. I still say someone could make a viable build using elemental hit as a primary attack.

Add LMP or GMP + elemental proliferation, and you'll be doing effects spreading to an entire group with a few attacks, shock stacking + freezing. Higher the elemental damage, the longer those effects last.

The skill has increased crit chance with quality, which seems like it was tailor made for a crit build.

Better skills? Definitely, but I wouldn't say its terrible, just mediocre.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Nov 24, 2014, 7:28:25 AM
"
Therealshotzz wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:
I'd turn it from a bow skill into something more fun. Every time you cast it, 3 orbs of different elements start radiating outward from the caster. Pretty much like vaal ST for spells.

Or, thinking outside the box, what makes an elemental arrow different from a regular arrow.
Well, fairly simple, the arrow will be made exclusively from the element. So if a fire arrow would be shot, it would leave behind a trail of fire, if it shot an ice arrow you'd have a single line of ice blocking the enemy from reaching you, if you had an electric arrow you'd have a larger charge time after which you'd shoot a single bolt of lightning from your hands.

Have all 3 arrows have a synergy with the rest.
Namely:
- fire arrow + ice arrow, the ice would evaporate, but the fog created would do slightly less damage over a wider range(like a lesser version of poison arrow).

- fire arrow first + lightning arrow, the flesh of the enemy would be scalded and more fragile/breakable for more pinpoint types of damage. Meaning you'd get a haemorrhage effect.

- ice + lightning => Enemies are slowed and can damage one another when touching due to residual sparks inside the shards of ice.

- fire + fire => ground turns to magma.

- ice + ice = larger frostwall

- lightning + lightning => one enemy turns into a lightning spire. Sending arcs to other enemies present.

that is pure love. i love the idea but im not sure if thats doable.. i'd guess the magma from fire+fire could be the fire elemental's trail. fire + lightning could give a level 30 or so proj. weakness and fire + ice could give a smoke screen which 'poisons' the enemies, blinds them and gives them a little slow. (just like when a human is in a burning room, they can barely breath and its extremly unhealthy)

I'm glad you like it. It'd be nice to have something more thoughtful as a skill. Since now it's just "damage". It lacks character. Hence why nobody picks it.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
"
Voidin_Blitz wrote:
Turn it into an aura. Either random chance of one element or a little amout of each one.

PS!
Also, why aren't there chaos auras? ;_;

Herald of Anarchy coming soon™
not that i havent tried
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/252ub3/suggestionnew_keystone_osmosic_mithridatism/
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2id4df/idea_mithridatism_chaos_mitigation_aura/
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info