How would you fix elemental Hit?

Being in the top 5 worst skill is not a really good thing, its pretty representative of the state of a skill. Elemental hit have a weird as fuck fun mechanic that as alot of potential to work with but at the same time that mechanic makes it weaker and most of the time AF or crazy gear.

so how, in your Exile opinion, GGG should change EH to make it better and balanced
Spoiler
First, the skill looks like a default attack... maybe adding effect would be nice (Frozen Tip, Lightning body and flaming tail of the projectile... or just rainbow projectilelol)

then, the skill mechanic

Keep the fact that it only chose 1 element over the others when it touches but keep the 2 neglected elements and make them spray out of the ennemy in a medium cone shape that does 1/3 of the damage they would have done if they were the chosen element.

the 2 "cones" would be like a pulse both taking 90 degree of the back of the target, each 45degree
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Nov 23, 2014, 8:59:17 AM
The main issue with the skill is the insane mana cost.

Besides that there are multipe ways to atleast make the skill more interesting like having all damage converted to the element and making it a cycle instead of random, so you can reliably use EE.

A melee splash like explosion could be interesting too.
dat mana cost hurts. alot if you got 5L and atk spd of 3 above
(Location):PH
Duelist is kylo ren -_-
Would be viable without the insane mana cost, especially since mana management is hard with elemental attacks
intrinsic bonus to apply status effect.
Rework as a support gem.

Same damage values per level/randomly selected added to the supported attack or spell.
180% mana multi.
same Quality Bonus.

Fixed.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
I'd turn it from a bow skill into something more fun. Every time you cast it, 3 orbs of different elements start radiating outward from the caster. Pretty much like vaal ST for spells.

Or, thinking outside the box, what makes an elemental arrow different from a regular arrow.
Well, fairly simple, the arrow will be made exclusively from the element. So if a fire arrow would be shot, it would leave behind a trail of fire, if it shot an ice arrow you'd have a single line of ice blocking the enemy from reaching you, if you had an electric arrow you'd have a larger charge time after which you'd shoot a single bolt of lightning from your hands.

Have all 3 arrows have a synergy with the rest.
Namely:
- fire arrow + ice arrow, the ice would evaporate, but the fog created would do slightly less damage over a wider range(like a lesser version of poison arrow).

- fire arrow first + lightning arrow, the flesh of the enemy would be scalded and more fragile/breakable for more pinpoint types of damage. Meaning you'd get a haemorrhage effect.

- ice + lightning => Enemies are slowed and can damage one another when touching due to residual sparks inside the shards of ice.

- fire + fire => ground turns to magma.

- ice + ice = larger frostwall

- lightning + lightning => one enemy turns into a lightning spire. Sending arcs to other enemies present.

Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Remove it from the game.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Turn it into an aura. Either random chance of one element or a little amout of each one.

PS!
Also, why aren't there chaos auras? ;_;
"Path of Exile needs a Circlejerk Subforum" -cypherrage
The big thing I think is to make it work well with Elemental Equilibrium. If the odds of getting the same element twice in a row were 0 or at least substantially reduced it would work well I think.

That plus raising the base damage to compensate for the mana cost would probably make it solid. It's one of the few skills that synergizes with a +1/+2 melee or bow weapon so making it strong for that would be cool.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info