Still no balance a year later - with facts

"
Poutsos wrote:
Shadow is one of the (3-4) better classes of the game. The reason you do not see as many shadows in top spots, is simply because people who reach these levels have already pretty good knowledge of the game, and in the end game the Witch can do any ES build better than the Shadow. Not only because she can be tankier, but also, since she has incredible ES passives right off, she can choose more efficient DPS passives in the end game than the Shadows starting area. The Shadow on the other hand is forced to take his starting passives, and the Witche's starting ES passives, so he ends up being slightly inferior. Top players will choose the best more efficient class to play, but most of them could propably perform as well on the ladder with a Shadow as well.

That could be a valid argument, although the mortality rates don't point to this. Basically you're saying shadows get to a certain level and reroll witch, because witch does the same thing but better. And marauders and duelists wouldn't do this, because they're too far away on the tree. If I'm reading you right.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Nov 29, 2014, 10:30:52 AM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
Poutsos wrote:
Shadow is one of the (3-4) better classes of the game. The reason you do not see as many shadows in top spots, is simply because people who reach these levels have already pretty good knowledge of the game, and in the end game the Witch can do any ES build better than the Shadow. Not only because she can be tankier, but also, since she has incredible ES passives right off, she can choose more efficient DPS passives in the end game than the Shadows starting area. The Shadow on the other hand is forced to take his starting passives, and the Witche's starting ES passives, so he ends up being slightly inferior. Top players will choose the best more efficient class to play, but most of them could propably perform as well on the ladder with a Shadow as well.

That could be a valid argument, although the mortality rates don't point to this. Basically you're saying shadows get to a certain level and reroll witch, because witch does the same thing but better. And marauders and duelists wouldn't do this, because they're too far away on the tree. If I'm reading you right.

Indeed. Shadow is good for ES build, but Witch is better.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I can safely assume then that everyone agrees that duelist and marauder are bad, unless there's something else to add to this. And that witches are too good.
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Nov 29, 2014, 12:06:17 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
I can safely assume then that everyone agrees that duelist and marauder are bad, unless there's something else to add to this. And that witches are too good.

If you examine the first couple of pages in those seven day races you'd come to that conclusion. But it wouldn't be entirely accurate.

You know what I'm thinking here? That duelist and marauder are the two classes that are the furthest away from the land of crit. There's also gearing, in a week race it's much easier to gear a caster than a weapon user.

Seriously, I'm standing in town and it's witch-witch-witch-witch-shadow-templar... and only one holds something that isn't a wand, dagger or scepter.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

If you examine the first couple of pages in those seven day races you'd come to that conclusion. But it wouldn't be entirely accurate.

You know what I'm thinking here? That duelist and marauder are the two classes that are the furthest away from the land of crit. There's also gearing, in a week race it's much easier to gear a caster than a weapon user.

Seriously, I'm standing in town and it's witch-witch-witch-witch-shadow-templar... and only one holds something that isn't a wand, dagger or scepter.

forgot dat bow bro
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
"
Saltygames wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

forgot dat bow bro

Actually, yes, it was a bow.

And are the daggers even actually being used as a melee weapon? I bet 90% of the guys holding daggers are just crit casters.
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Nov 29, 2014, 3:46:08 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
And are the daggers even actually being used as a melee weapon? I bet 90% of the guys holding daggers are just crit casters.

That's my guess, if those ridiculous twig shields mean anything.

"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Crit Reave.
IGN : @Morgoth
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Crit Reave.

I've never seen anyone using crit reave, and I can't find a crit reave build in the forums anywhere. I tried it myself and it looked like it had too many places that require point investment to be worthwhile: phys, crit, accuracy, crit multi, just to be worthwhile dps before defenses. Link to build?
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Nov 30, 2014, 10:39:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info