Still no balance a year later - with facts

This thread is beautiful.

I don't know why those smartass use concepts no one understands like null hypothesis, statistical significance, etc. Obviously they are just derailing and creating words just to win this argument, they are trolling this poor, well informed original poster.

PS: Just kidding.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Hi guys.

While this is an open forum and there is no expectation for you all to agree with each other, lets all just remember to keep it civil and on-topic please. Nobody wants this getting out of hand.

Thank you.
No longer works at GGG
Why do some people keep going? 0 agrees and yet only he can be right in his mind. Not like the outcome of this thread is going to change shadow or class balance anyway...

"
MikeP_GGG wrote:
Hi guys.

While this is an open forum and there is no expectation for you all to agree with each other, lets all just remember to keep it civil and on-topic please. Nobody wants this getting out of hand.

Thank you.

Heh, kinda got out of hands ages ago. Also, new(?) support staff, yay!
Obfuscation at its best. Sadly, it's the posters who have the most to lose from their "ignorance". After 18 pages not one valid piece of data to show anything contrary to what I've said. [Removed by Support]
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Jake_GGG on Nov 28, 2014, 8:56:05 PM
"
Boem wrote:
This thread makes me sad. It's like ignorance incarnate.

Thank you, Boem. Funniest thing I have read in a while. Made my day!
Some data to refute your data.

In the top 81-100 characters in standard, shadows represent 20% of the entire total despite being 1/7th of characters available. This is clearly evidence of a selection bias in favour of shadow, which the facts clearly show indicate is because they look sneaky, which players like.

Can't refute dem facts.

PS: they are all level 100. OP.
I doubt a game with so many variables can ever be balanced at any one time but more likely over a period of time by constant adjustments like a tight roper walker.

Constantly added content makes this even more so since new skills and uniques can create a synergy that wasn't there before.
Shadow is one of the (3-4) better classes of the game. The reason you do not see as many shadows in top spots, is simply because people who reach these levels have already pretty good knowledge of the game, and in the end game the Witch can do any ES build better than the Shadow. Not only because she can be tankier, but also, since she has incredible ES passives right off, she can choose more efficient DPS passives in the end game than the Shadows starting area. The Shadow on the other hand is forced to take his starting passives, and the Witche's starting ES passives, so he ends up being slightly inferior. Top players will choose the best more efficient class to play, but most of them could propably perform as well on the ladder with a Shadow as well.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
davidnn5 wrote:
Some data to refute your data.

In the top 81-100 characters in standard, shadows represent 20% of the entire total despite being 1/7th of characters available. This is clearly evidence of a selection bias in favour of shadow, which the facts clearly show indicate is because they look sneaky, which players like.

Can't refute dem facts.

PS: they are all level 100. OP.

The class selection in Rampage is a little higher for shadows but that is overperformance in the 80-100 bracket by about 5%.

This doesn't "refute" anything I've said or data I've posted in this thread as it's a completely different league, but it does confirm/lend credence to some people who have been saying shadows are a more offensively-biased class. At least, the data matches what you'd expect from such a class relative to the different league types.
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Nov 29, 2014, 10:32:05 AM
"
Kavlor wrote:
I doubt a game with so many variables can ever be balanced at any one time but more likely over a period of time by constant adjustments like a tight roper walker.

Constantly added content makes this even more so since new skills and uniques can create a synergy that wasn't there before.

Well it's been 8+ months at the least, so...
-----
Bug Fixes:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info