dat untainted nerf

Would have been nice to see this map at 1000%+.

Oh well, Zana hates me.
Last edited by Thaelyn on Nov 20, 2014, 5:31:32 PM
This is just GGGs test run to gather info about QQ. A complicated algorithm will then determine how many builds have to get nerfed to reach the desired overall QQ level. Need to buy enough popcorn for the next weeks.

It's not trivial though, one specific fellow forum member is a huge outlier.
heyyyy how come you guys nerfed it and I never even got to try it once! GGG SHAME :(

jk w/e lol it's not like powerleveling is that hard anyway, I'm ok with this nurf

Spoiler
wtb legacy untainted paradise XD
I was third in the Beyond ladder the first month of the league. It was grueling and competitive to keep up. And then a lot of streamers/ladder players started buying Untainted Paradises. The two above me got out of range of ever being caught, and one guy jumped from 7th to 3rd in a single day.

The main issue is the continued depreciation of xp gain in 77-78s as you get to really high levels combined with zero xp penalty in unique maps. At 97+, you're getting like 3% effective xp from a 78 while getting 100% xp from an untainted that already gives 1200% increased xp. It's more valuable that running 10+ 78s in a row, AND it takes like 7 minutes, AND there is zero risk of RIPing for a character at that level.

A much more elegant solution would be to leave Untainted Paradise as is but have it simply stop giving experience past level 90. The majority of the playerbase would still get the intended benefit: a huge xp boost while leveling. And the ladder would return to its legitimate state where you need to chain 78s to compete where there is real risk of dying.
about time they nerfed it..
in my opinion they should just remove it..

Buying untaineds. wtf
we had almost 20xlvl 100 chars in Beyond..
Probably half bought tons of untainted paradise
Last edited by jonas1234 on Nov 20, 2014, 6:27:33 PM
It needed the nerf. Beyond added either 14 or 15 level 100s (didn't check before the switch) to the 16 that were in Hardcore from the entire history of PoE.

"
PeachieMark wrote:
I was third in the Beyond ladder the first month of the league. It was grueling and competitive to keep up. And then a lot of streamers/ladder players started buying Untainted Paradises. The two above me got out of range of ever being caught, and one guy jumped from 7th to 3rd in a single day.

The main issue is the continued depreciation of xp gain in 77-78s as you get to really high levels combined with zero xp penalty in unique maps. At 97+, you're getting like 3% effective xp from a 78 while getting 100% xp from an untainted that already gives 1200% increased xp. It's more valuable that running 10+ 78s in a row, AND it takes like 7 minutes, AND there is zero risk of RIPing for a character at that level.

A much more elegant solution would be to leave Untainted Paradise as is but have it simply stop giving experience past level 90. The majority of the playerbase would still get the intended benefit: a huge xp boost while leveling. And the ladder would return to its legitimate state where you need to chain 78s to compete where there is real risk of dying.

I'm not sure making an arbitrary level limit for the map is terribly elegant.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Nov 20, 2014, 6:23:59 PM
"
TheTenthDoc wrote:
I'm not sure making an arbitrary level limit for the map is terribly elegant.
Don't assume sir. Level 90 wasn't at all an arbitrary choice. All builds are done by level 90. The last 10 points are just a bonus. 90 is where you're no longer building your character, and it's also right where gems hit 20 most of the time.

My solution is elegant in that 99% of the playerbase gets to continue enjoying the awesome that is Untainted, while fixing the ladder, which was utterly broken by Untainted Paradise. If you can fix a big problem, while not harming the intended bonus, I consider it elegant.

You are aware that the current nerf still makes Untainted the fastest, safest way to reach 100 right?
Retarded move, should've just made it more rarer to get like acuities.
Standard IGN: LaHhRip
Here is the problem.

Everyone that got to abuse that XP map will now be miles ahead of everyone else... now people who wanted to try to have a chance to get to level 100 will be doing 4 x slower than anyone who used the legacy untainted....

they really should just introduced a new leveling tier. like 78 - 84 maps .... that way everyoens happy.
"
PeachieMark wrote:

That's the main reason why I think the nerf is a good thing, not only for one week races. At the beginning of the league, Twitch was full of "WTB Untainted" channels it was so ridiculous. It had to go.
IGN : @Morgoth

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info