PoE Manager: a central HUB for Path of Exile / poe.trade autoonline / procurement / .ahk helper

"

Even if your C background was really strong; unless you had a dayjob writing Windows Kernel drivers, I'd strongly advise that you run screaming away from from Emjayen's option 2. The MSDN information for writing kernel drivers is horrifically bad/incomplete/confusing/hopeless according to everyone I know who's ever done (or tried to do) so; and when your kernel mode crashes (which it will do, repeatedly, because you don't know what you're doing) the entire OS goes down; which makes figuring out what happened a nightmare.

I'll chime in to confirm Summoner: I was indeed being facetious; writing a WDDM driver is not practical or necessary.

I'm quite taken aback at the claim regarding the WDK documentation; it's exceptionally verbose (and frankly is quite nauseating at times with the babysteps)

In my experience on osr/ntdev it's mainly the programmers who come from a high-level background (C#/Java/ect) and those who are too comfortable in their somewhat naive environments (e.g, clib/winapi) that have the most difficulty understanding the documentation. Not to mention a good portion of these are just application-level programmers who think kernel programming is just another bunch of functions to call so they can capture packets or do something ungodly with the service dispatch table.

"

As far as I understood from Emjayen, doing so would be necessary to achieve this overlay:

What Michael is referring to is the standard policy on cheating which is intentionally broad so they don't don't have to get into semantics and potentially set precedents for other developers to cite. Nothing wrong with this ofcourse.

More to the point: the method I suggested does not entail modifying any aspect of the game that would even fall under that broad policy.

From a technical stand-point, if what you're doing is against policy then so is anti-virus software, proxification software, screen-capture software (e.g, FRAPS), and a bunch of others.
"The problem is there ARE secure netcodes" -- Pewzor
Last edited by Emjayen on Dec 7, 2014, 10:29:28 PM
MTX Finder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989787
QoL Updates Offline Skilltree Planner: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/996805
Buy me a coffee here :P https://www.paypal.me/EmmittJ
Last edited by Emmitt on Dec 8, 2014, 12:08:57 PM
"
Emjayen wrote:

What Michael is referring to is the standard policy on cheating which is intentionally broad so they don't don't have to get into semantics and potentially set precedents for other developers to cite. Nothing wrong with this ofcourse.

More to the point: the method I suggested does not entail modifying any aspect of the game that would even fall under that broad policy.

From a technical stand-point, if what you're doing is against policy then so is anti-virus software, proxification software, screen-capture software (e.g, FRAPS), and a bunch of others.

Well, I completely understand your point - it just makes sense -, and I think that what you're saying is most likely what Michael was saying between the lines. Still, I think I'll wait for PoE Manager to gain a broaden trust/acceptance from the user base (if it'll ever reach that point :P) before tackling this goal. Last thing I want is people complaining about this program doing strange things with PoE address space so that they go paranoid about that because they still don't trust me / PoE Manager. I'm also considering the fact that even for people who are playing in plain fullscreen mode this program is still useful. After all the only real issue is that when you recall it, your PoE is minimized: nothing too bad, taking into account the fact that plain fullscreen players are used to their path of exile being minimized if they have to switch to some other app. Do you agree with my train of thought? I'm asking this because I see that you really do know what you're talking about and you're more experienced than me, so a couple of hints would go a long way :D

No matter what you already provided me with extremely useful information, so I thank you for that and for your time.
I had this manager directly from the hans of the developer thinking it wasn't so useful but i had to admit it made all the managing of the different programs that run with poe much smoother! Thanx Dude!
"

Well, I completely understand your point - it just makes sense -, and I think that what you're saying is most likely what Michael was saying between the lines. Still, I think I'll wait for PoE Manager to gain a broaden trust/acceptance from the user base (if it'll ever reach that point :P) before tackling this goal. Last thing I want is people complaining about this program doing strange things with PoE address space so that they go paranoid about that because they still don't trust me / PoE Manager. I'm also considering the fact that even for people who are playing in plain fullscreen mode this program is still useful. After all the only real issue is that when you recall it, your PoE is minimized: nothing too bad, taking into account the fact that plain fullscreen players are used to their path of exile being minimized if they have to switch to some other app. Do you agree with my train of thought? I'm asking this because I see that you really do know what you're talking about and you're more experienced than me, so a couple of hints would go a long way :D

No matter what you already provided me with extremely useful information, so I thank you for that and for your time.

I was merely concerned I gave you the wrong impression regarding the legitimacy of the method described.

The points you raise are all quite reasonable.
"The problem is there ARE secure netcodes" -- Pewzor
"
Emjayen wrote:

I was merely concerned I gave you the wrong impression regarding the legitimacy of the method described.

The points you raise are all quite reasonable.

Thanks for sharing your ideas :D

"
Billx wrote:
I had this manager directly from the hans of the developer thinking it wasn't so useful but i had to admit it made all the managing of the different programs that run with poe much smoother! Thanx Dude!

Thanks dude, I appreciate your feedback, I hope that more and more players will try this out :P

I'm gonna give this a go.
This is also my first time using a trade method outside of in game trade chat.
I am assuming i should first set up procurement since that auto generates a thread in the forums trade section, then poe.xyz will index my thread so that my items will show up in poe.xyz
Am i correct?
"
darklordof1 wrote:
I'm gonna give this a go.
This is also my first time using a trade method outside of in game trade chat.
I am assuming i should first set up procurement since that auto generates a thread in the forums trade section, then poe.xyz will index my thread so that my items will show up in poe.xyz
Am i correct?

Almost correct: actually procurement UPDATES your thread on the pathofexile forums, it doesn't auto-createone for you. So, before setting it up you have to create a topic in the appropriate trade "shop" section of your league, filling it with any text you like, and then configure procurement:

you'll have to tell procurement the name of the thread and the thread id (which is the last number in the html URL of the thread you created). This way procurement can retrive your thread so that it can update it with your items.

Quick hint: if you want to sell items much much quicker (really, do this!) please take some time setting out buyouts (right click on an item in procurement to choose a buyout).

Should you have any problem with PoE Manager please let me know, and thanks for giving this a shot :P
Alright, so i gave your application a go. I have to tell you that i don't play standard and that i am new to using 3rd party applications for POE.
Since i don't play standard, i only did a small test but i can already tell this made managing applications much more easy through less clicks and faster keyboard shortcuts.

I will use this when the new league starts to thoroughly test it.
The only quam i have with it is the UI. There's nothing innately wrong with the functionality at all, just the color scheme, font size and positions, though those are really just minor.
What matters first and foremost imo is the functionality which is essentially done as far what what this application is supposed to do and its a simple application, so once again, UI not a big issue.

Functionality: 10/10
UI: 6/10 (just need a much better color scheme & sort the font sizes out)

Edit: One thing i forgot to suggest is perhaps an auto close all applications option when closing POE Manager. Since you have the option to auto start certain applications upon running POE Manager, i think it would be nice if when you click the "X" and the new screen is drawn, perhaps a little check box to close all your opened POE applications when closing POE Manager on that "Are you sure?" screen would be convenient (after all this applications is about simplifying management).
Last edited by darklordof1 on Dec 11, 2014, 4:14:05 PM
"
darklordof1 wrote:
Alright, so i gave your application a go. I have to tell you that i don't play standard and that i am new to using 3rd party applications for POE.
Since i don't play standard, i only did a small test but i can already tell this made managing applications much more easy through less clicks and faster keyboard shortcuts.

I will use this when the new league starts to thoroughly test it.
The only quam i have with it is the UI. There's nothing innately wrong with the functionality at all, just the color scheme, font size and positions, though those are really just minor.
What matters first and foremost imo is the functionality which is essentially done as far what what this application is supposed to do and its a simple application, so once again, UI not a big issue.

Functionality: 10/10
UI: 6/10 (just need a much better color scheme & sort the font sizes out)

Edit: One thing i forgot to suggest is perhaps an auto close all applications option when closing POE Manager. Since you have the option to auto start certain applications upon running POE Manager, i think it would be nice if when you click the "X" and the new screen is drawn, perhaps a little check box to close all your opened POE applications when closing POE Manager on that "Are you sure?" screen would be convenient (after all this applications is about simplifying management).

Thanks for your feedback. I have to agree about the UI, there's ample room for improvement. Unfortunately (as you probably already guessed by now :D) when I use photoshop I don't know what I'm doing, basically like a monkey hitting random keys. If somebody with some experience wants to suggest a mock-up of how the graphics should be that would be awesome. Of course one thing I could do is to change the font size: when you refer to sorting the font sizes out you mean making them bigger right? I could do some experiments about that. For what concerns a "close all" button, yeah, that's definitely a feature I'd like to see in the next version, but I'm not sure that the implementation you suggested is the best. We have to consider the use-case where the user wants to quit all applications without actually closing PoE Manager: maybe I know I'll be playing again in a short while and so that would be unpractical. I'll make some experiments, but yes, this feature will be in the next version, along with some better UI I hope.

This said, I hope you'll find this helpful in the upcoming new season, see you around m8 :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info