PoE Manager: a central HUB for Path of Exile / poe.trade autoonline / procurement / .ahk helper

Reddit:

http://redd.it/2olktb

Github:

https://github.com/Y3kRulez/PoE-Manager

Latest version, with procurement 1.9.2

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3q2tA0XeCk2eVpGMFIya3FGdWc/view?usp=sharing

Hi there! This is an application that serves as a central hub for managing PoE and related apps, like poe.trade auto-online (whose functionality is integrated in PoE Manager, and handled in a smoother fashion), .ahk legit script helper, procurement when needed. You can toggle PoE Manger window through ALT + F2. From this window you can start/stop/switchto/minimize PoE and related apps, and also mark any of them to autostart when you launch PoE Manager in the first place. This way for example you could launch PoE Manager, and with that single double click you're inside Path of Exile and online in poe.trade, and if you want that, you'll also have .ahk script enabled.

IMPORTANT NOTE: as of now all this works smoothlessly if PoE is running in "Windowed Fullscreen". If you play in plain fullscreen mode, you may be unable to recall PoE Manger on top with ALT+F2 when you're inside the game. In the future I'll try to figure that out but overlaying in a fullscreen 3d application is a pretty hard job to do, so don't expect this anytime soon :P

(you can use ALT+F2 to show or hide this window, back and forth)

Spoiler
THIS IS A PROGRAM WHICH YOU LAUNCH INSTEAD OF POE. ONCE CONFIGURED, YOU RECALL THE MAIN WINDOW THROUGH THE SHORTCUT ALT+F2. FROM THERE YOU CAN:

1. START/STOP/SWITCHTO/MINIMIZE -> POE/PROCUREMENT/LEGIT HELPER .AHK SCRIPT (see at the bottom of this post or click the help button in PoE Manager for its functions)/ AUTOONLINE FOR POE.TRADE

2. CHOOSE A SET OF THESE PROGRAMS (POE/AUTO-ONLINE poe.trade/ AHK SCRIPT / PROCUREMENT) TO AUTO START WHEN YOU LAUNCH POE MANAGER. THIS WAY WITH ONE DOUBLE CLICK ON POE MANAGER YOU'RE INSIDE POE AND ONLINE ON POE.TRADE (REFRESHED EACH HOUR), WITH LEGIT HELPER SCRIPT ENABLED,. SHOULD YOU NEED IT, ALSO PROCUREMENT, READY TO GO

3. ALT+F2 TO TOGGLE THIS "CENTRAL POE HUB" VISIBILITY, BACK AND FORTH, BACK AND FORTH

4. THIS PROGRAM CAN BE EASILY (REALLY, IT'S TRIVIAL!) EXTENDED TO LAUNCH / AUTOLAUNCH / INCORPORATE OTHER TOOLS / LEGIT AHK SCRIPTS FROM WHICH YOU CAN TAKE EVEN MORE ADVANTAGE

Spoiler
x64 BINARIES

v.0.3.2.0 - now with Procurement 1.9.2 nothing new, but at least it comes with the latest version of procurement =)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3q2tA0XeCk2eVpGMFIya3FGdWc/view?usp=sharing

v.0.3.2.0 Sleeker interface, can now bring to front and minimize already opened procurement or path of exile. Can now move PoE Manger window; PoE Manager remembers window position between different sessions. Added poe.trade shortcut. Added help form to figure out hotkeys. Edited helper hotkeys. Reduced cpu usage by about 60%.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3q2tA0XeCk2aU9IUkpkOXZwUzg/view?usp=sharing

v.0.3.0.0 should also work with PoE installed through steam (thanks NebuKadneZaar for pointing it out), sleeker UI, added quick search textbox for path of exile wiki (thanks lepre84 for the suggestion). Can now toggle a checkbox to decide if PoE Manager should start hidden or not.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3q2tA0XeCk2YkNQTGt4cTJieUU/view?usp=sharing

...............................................................................................

SOURCES

v.0.3.2.0 Sleeker interface, can now bring to front and minimize already opened procurement or path of exile. Can now move PoE Manger window; PoE Manager remembers window position between different sessions. Added poe.trade shortcut. Added help form to figure out hotkeys. Edited helper hotkeys. Reduced cpu usage by about 60%.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3q2tA0XeCk2VmxVU212bmFmYjQ/view?usp=sharing

v.0.3.0.0 should also work with PoE installed through steam (thanks NebuKadneZaar for pointing it out), sleeker UI, added quick search textbox for path of exile wiki (thanks lepre84 for the suggestion). Can now toggle a checkbox to decide if PoE Manager should start hidden or not.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3q2tA0XeCk2bTdJb3VoejB4eU0/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler
PRESENTATION

Greetings. When I play PoE, usually 4 fundamental apps are involved:

-the game itself (oh rly!)

-auto-online for poe.trade (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805016/page/1) to get sure that I'll show up online on poe.trade

-legit .ahk helper (*hotkey to login screen, hotkey for oos, hotkey for remaining mobs, hotkey for item lvl) created following advices here http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/2-autohotkey-scripts-to-make-you-a-better-path-of-exile-player/, where they also quote Chris about this being legit: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/473902/filter-account-type/staff

-sometimes Procurement, if I need to update my shop for poe.trade

Being tired of keeping track of these apps manually, I thought that it would have been cool to spend a couple of hours writing an app that manages all this for you. When you execute it, your apps of choice are executed (without PoE Manager wasting space on the screen, you can recall and dismiss it through ALT+F2 hotkey). Also, since auto-online is open-source and is also written in C#, instead of launching that app I simply embedded its code (merely a 15 lines function) in my app for a more consistent result.

If you need to change the apps which PoE Manager will start when executed, check their status, terminate, switch to, or minimize one of them you simply press ALT + F2 and this window will pop up:

(you can use ALT+F2 to show or hide this window, back and forth)

For instance, here everything is running while only poe.trade auto-online, helper script and Path of Exile are marked for auto-start when you launch PoE Manager.

It's completely straightforward: click the green buttons to start / switch to apps, the red ones to terminate them and the yellow/orange underscore buttons to minimize them. Click on autolaunch checkboxes to mark / unmark apps for autostart.

Clearly nothing ground-breaking, no rocket science involved here, but I've been using it since a couple of days and it feels like it already made me save time. So, I thought that maybe someone else would make use of it and decided to release it (with full source, of course!).

AHK SCRIPT

Here's the helper script I used (again, completely legit) :

Spoiler
#SingleInstance, Force
#NoEnv
SetBatchLines, -1

F3::
IfWinActive, Path of Exile
{
WinActivate
BlockInput On
SendInput, {Esc}
WinGetPos,,,Width,Height,A
X := (Width / 2)
Y := Height * .4
MouseClick, Left, X, Y, 1, 1
BlockInput Off
}
return

^x::
{
WinActivate
BlockInput On
SendInput, {Enter}
sleep, 20
SendInput, {/}oos
SendInput, {Enter}
BlockInput Off
}
return

^a::
{
WinActivate
BlockInput On
SendInput, {Enter}
sleep, 20
SendInput, {/}remaining
SendInput, {Enter}
BlockInput Off
}
return

!c::
{
WinActivate
BlockInput On
MouseClick, Left
SendInput, {Enter}
SendInput, {/}itemlevel
SendInput, {Enter}
Sleep, 100
MouseClick, Left
BlockInput Off
}
return
Last edited by Y3k on Jun 28, 2015, 8:16:31 PM
bump, added a short video for a quick walkthrough
Well, as a guildmate I've already access to the full thing... yeah, it does the job! On top of all I like the fact that by clicking a single shortcut I'm in PoE and also online on poe.trade. No more hassle launching/closing poe.trade auto-online each time I want to play. Also the helper ahk is quite useful...
Update, since not many ppl seem to care about this, I just posted the full compiled binary package if somebody wants to try it out. Of course you're encouraged to perform any check that you consider appropriate on the package. If you're really suspicious/paranoid guy you should consider compiling it yourself, being the sources available in the same post =)
Let me first start of by saying that i really like the idea for a central hub, its how most everything should work. But being the untrustworthy person as i am, i downloaded your program to test it out and sandboxed it in comodo, after which it ran and asked for the path to the game then the online status url, after that it did absolutely nothing and created a new process on my pc which i was unable to kill with even process killer, i then killed its parent explore.exe and tried to kill your poe manager.exe program and it worked but it for some reason it started itself once again.

TLDR: I would advice not using the program.
i dont even get what this is
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
"
shinodin666 wrote:
Let me first start of by saying that i really like the idea for a central hub, its how most everything should work. But being the untrustworthy person as i am, i downloaded your program to test it out and sandboxed it in comodo, after which it ran and asked for the path to the game then the online status url, after that it did absolutely nothing and created a new process on my pc which i was unable to kill with even process killer, i then killed its parent explore.exe and tried to kill your poe manager.exe program and it worked but it for some reason it started itself once again.

TLDR: I would advice not using the program.

First of all, to give myself some form of credibility, I'd like to point out that I'm an active member of this community since about 2 years, so it would be very stupid from me to post a malware program which would lead to my permanent ban. I don't know if you trust these hints, but if you look through my posts you can see that those are more or less evenly spread in time and I sometime inquired GGG about some quite technical things.

I completely understand your point, and I would absolutely do the same if I should ever test a program from a completely unknown guy on the forum. Anyway... Did you try ALT + F2 to show the main configuration form which starts hidden?

Anyway..sandboxing this with comodo may - or may not - be a good idea, since -I don't know for sure - if you do so then PoE Manager isn't allowed to launch other apps, or anyway it lacks some form of authorization.

I really encourage some experienced users to compile the program by themselves and to try it out( to do so you have to recreate the folder tree that I pointed out in the first post) so that this may ensure that this utility is malware free :D

btw I tested this on 3 different pcs (also some friends of mine did the same). Everybody which I asked told me that this works flawlessly...

"
laycast wrote:
i dont even get what this is

sorry, maybe my first post was a little convoluted, let's make things clear:

THIS IS A PROGRAM WHICH YOU LAUNCH INSTEAD OF POE. ONCE CONFIGURED, YOU RECALL THE MAIN FORM THROUGH THE SHORTCURT ALT+F2. FROM THIS CONFIGURATION FORM YOU CAN:

- START/STOP/RESTART -> POE/PROCUREMENT/LEGIT HELPER .AHK SCRIPT (see first post for its functions)/ AUTOONLINE FOR POE.TRADE

- CHOOSE A SET OF THESE PROGRAMS (POE/AUTO-ONLINE poe.trade/ AHK SCRIPT / PROCUREMENT) TO AUTO START WHEN YOU LAUNCH POE MANAGER. THIS WAY WITH ONE DOUBLE CLICK ON POE MANAGER YOU'RE ONLINE ON POE.TRADE (REFRESHED EACH HOUR) AND INSIDE POE, WITH HELPER SCRIPT ENALBED, AND IF YOU ALSO NEED IT, PROCUREMENT READY TO GO

-ALT+F2 TO TOGGLE THIS "CENTRAL POE HUB" VISIBILITY, BACK AND FORTH, BACK AND FORTH

- THIS PROGRAM CAN BE EASILY (REALLY, IT'S TRIVIAL!) EXTENDED TO LAUNCH / AUTOLAUNCH / INCORPORATE OTHER TOOLS / LEGIT AHK SCRIPTS FROM WHICH YOU CAN TAKE EVEN MORE ADVANTAGE
Last edited by Y3k on Nov 22, 2014, 11:47:34 PM
Cool idea and thanks for sharing.
Possible dumb question, how do i know it's not spyware that'll capture my password?
IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726
Last edited by GnGEmpire on Nov 23, 2014, 1:50:49 AM
"
GnGEmpire wrote:
Possible dumb question, how do i know it's not spyware that'll capture my password?

That's a legitimate question.

For instance you could run any anti-virus / anti-spyware check on my tool and you'll see nothing malware-related will be found. If you don't trust this kind of things, the only way to actually check what the program does would be:

1- download the source code
2- understand what the program does from the source
3- compile the source code by yourself

OR

you can consider the fact that I'm an active member of this community, I have a couple of decent characters which for sure I don't want to lose by the perma-ban I would incur into if I'm posting nasty spywware shit.

Of course the "best of both worlds" would be that someone trusted by the community reviews the program and tells everybody that this is 100% safe, as it actually is.
"
Y3k wrote:
"
GnGEmpire wrote:

That's a legitimate question.

For instance you could run any anti-virus / anti-spyware check on my tool and you'll see nothing malware-related will be found. If you don't trust this kind of things, the only way to actually check what the program does would be:

1- download the source code
2- understand what the program does from the source
3- compile the source code by yourself

OR

you can consider the fact that I'm an active member of this community, I have a couple of decent characters which for sure I don't want to lose by the perma-ban I would incur into if I'm posting nasty spywware shit.

Of course the "best of both worlds" would be that someone trusted by the community reviews the program and tells everybody that this is 100% safe, as it actually is.

Thank you.
Excellent answer.
IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info