When a person has ''top tier'' gear

"
Flapdrol wrote:

Have about 1500 ex worth of currency and gear. No RMT - where would be the challenge in that?
just exploiting some very obvious pricing differences makes a lot of $ and is not that much work:

problem for me always was: you need the currency for start betting on something. sure you can use orbs you found but without the lucky find of a precious item and the power to restrain yourself from using it on a new char, there is no hope of a trading career, except if you're selfish enough to rip off newbies.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Flapdrol wrote:

You don't have to flip items ...

and then goes on how he made his money flipping items...

Not everyone enjoys the market game, not even for minutes. And not everyone can be a winner in this market game obviously. But yeah, I get your point. You can get loads of orbs without spending all day in tradechat. And even more insanely rich if you spent there all day. You can be rich but have no idea to play this game properly.

I personally just heavily dislike flipping and tbh. partially flippers aswell.
IGN Corelica
Last edited by Chesto on Nov 26, 2014, 10:27:46 AM
"
Sa_Re wrote:
I assume RMT when someone has t1 gear but doesn't seem to know anything about the game.

Pretty much agreed. I also get a little suspicious from some of the threads that pop up in the Gameplay Help section every once in a while:
"hi, new player here! I just started playing 10 days ago and killed Dominus in MErciless yesterday! I now want to make a build that can kill Uber Atziri. I heard auras are realy good and can anyone explain to me what support gems are!?! Build shouldn't be too expensive since i only have 80 exalted and this armor [insert legacy 6L Shavs here] that i found."

Not saying these people RMT, but you do get a little suspicious ... just a little ... maybe a tiny bit ...

11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
"
Sa_Re wrote:
I assume RMT when someone has t1 gear but doesn't seem to know anything about the game.

This is the only way I would suspect anyone of RMT. I personally know folks who are rich, and got that way by playing legitimately.

But, yeah. Folks who just stumble upon a full set of T1 gear who themselves have no shop...
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
"
Sa_Re wrote:

This is the only way I would suspect anyone of RMT. I personally know folks who are rich, and got that way by playing legitimately.

But, yeah. Folks who just stumble upon a full set of T1 gear who themselves have no shop...

I have also my suspicions on some of the people I have traded with

Them: want too buy <misspelled unique name>
Me: <link requested item> 2 chaos
Them: i dont have chaoz is 2 exalded orps also ok
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Nov 27, 2014, 6:07:13 AM
If someone is better than you he either did RMT plays 24/7 or he is a bot.
If someone is worse than you he is a noob that need to learn how to play.

Welcome to the internet !
"
royvisser1990 wrote:
If someone is better than you he either did RMT plays 24/7 or he is a bot.
If someone is worse than you he is a noob that need to learn how to play.

Welcome to the internet !

define "better".

see, you just beat Merciless Dominus. melee, naked, bare hands. bit him to death with your teeth.
and got vendor-grade crap.
I fucking suck at the game so much, I couldn't beat Hillock on Normal.
but the first time I did - he dropped me a Mirror :)

lucky isn't "better".
and trade-mongers aren't "better" at the game. they are better at trading.

two very basic concepts both GGG and some pseudo-trolls around here refuse to understand.

and yes, people who have a thousand Exalts within a week of playing the game, are RMTing so much - they should get a member's card and discount from their fucking bot lords.
and then taste the full swing of Chris' Silver Banhammer.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Nov 27, 2014, 1:29:25 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:

and yes, people who have a thousand Exalts within a week of playing the game, are RMTing so much - they should get a member's card and discount from their fucking bot lords.
and then taste the full swing of Chris' Silver Banhammer.

What I have qouted I could agree with. But the rest of your post is pure bullshit and you know it. You shouldnt talk about semi-trolls when posting stuff like that. Lol.

Just to elaborate this to you: Maybe there is a theoretical chance that someone drops a mirror from Hillock, hell it probaly happened more than once already. But looting a mirror in this game is not how you get rich/make currency in this game(Not saying it isnt a way at all, but theres no chance in hell that you'll magically drops several mirrors to fund your stuff + investments to keep it rollig for ever.), the way you make currency is to master the machanics, knowning what sells, and bruteforcing your so-called RnG by playing a lot and playing the highest possible content to maximize your chance that when something drops its of a tier that will rake in some currency.

Seriously your rant is getting so old.

***** Not saying I'M rich - Just some ways of how you yourself could become it - So that you wouldnt have to yell at rng and trade at any chance :)
Last edited by kussekurt on Nov 27, 2014, 1:48:24 PM
"
kussekurt wrote:

What I have qouted I could agree with. But the rest of your post is pure bullshit and you know it. You shouldnt talk about semi-trolls when posting stuff like that. Lol.

no, it isn't.
"lol".

and mastering what "mechanics" exactly? trading mechanics? fuck trading! I want to fucking smash things! find things by smashing things. find good things by smashing brutal ass-kicking doomsday things.
you know how that's called? ARPG. with progression. and risk/reward. not a fucking hamster circus slash trading simulator.
you like trading? then by all means do.
I don't, so don't drag me into your world because I don't want you ripping me off using your superior trading knowledge, and taking away what few orbs and stuff I got, from actually killing shit.
"lol".

did I get some nice stuff from RNG during my 2 years playing? yes.
are they "worth" something at your home the black market? probably.
would I enter your home the black market, willingly? heck. no.
that's not the way I want to get stuff for my builds, but hey guess what? I have to!

because good loot or bad loot, it all just feels like a fucking roll of dice. nothing more.
you know when was the last time I felt rewarded for risk and effort? when I barely killed Jungle Valley Spider and dropped a Rise Of The Phoenix.
that was over 2 months ago.
and fuck me, that was random too!

"lol".
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Nov 27, 2014, 2:11:22 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
kussekurt wrote:

no, it isn't.
"lol".

and mastering what "mechanics" exactly? trading mechanics? fuck trading! I want to fucking smash things! find things by smashing things. find good things by smashing brutal ass-kicking doomsday things.
you know how that's called? ARPG. with progression. and risk/reward. not a fucking hamster circus slash trading simulator.
you like trading? then by all means do.
I don't, so don't drag me into your world because I don't want you ripping me off using your superior trading knowledge, and taking away what few orbs and stuff I got, from actually killing shit.
"lol".

did I get some nice stuff from RNG during my 2 years playing? yes.
are they "worth" something at your home the black market? probably.
would I enter your home the black market, willingly? heck. no.
that's not the way I want to get stuff for my builds, but hey guess what? I have to!

because good loot or bad loot, it all just feels like a fucking roll of dice.
you know when was the last time I felt rewarded for risk and effort? when I barely killed Jungle Valley Spider and dropped a Rise Of The Phoenix.
that was over 2 months ago.
and fuck me, that was random too!

"lol".

Read what I posted - Learn the mechanics of the game (you'll need this for trading to, so you can identify what sell and what to keep), but as I posted: You learn the mechanics so that you can farm end-game with the cheapest possible gear - Then when you started to farm said areas and thereby kinda bruteforce the rng, so that when some good has the possibility of rolling you dont get some mid tier shit. Rewards doesnt come from fucking about in act 2 - At least not for all of us.

Just to clarify I'm not saying you dont know any mechanics or that Im a better player or something. I dont care about stuff like this, I'm just ensuring that these post of yours dont result in other peoples prejudice :) Nothing against you as a person or a poster. Trying to provide a different perspective for you and everyone whos reading. Feel free to call bullshit on all of it.

Apologize for the lol comment I realize now that didnt further the discussion in a positive way.
Last edited by kussekurt on Nov 27, 2014, 2:25:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info