When a person has ''top tier'' gear

Why do most people assume they RMT or some sort? It's been a trend on the forum now
I worship ee-sama!
"
Why do most people assume they RMT or some sort? It's been a trend on the forum now

Because Occam's Razor
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Because they are stupid. When they see someone with good gear and that is doing better than them, they assume :
1/ He's RMTing/Dual-wielding Mastercards
2/ He's a 24/7 Lioneye's flipper, said flipper which is mostly a fantasy made by these people and not a real dude,
3/ Both of the above.

Because a lot of people can't acknowledge achievements of others without bitching. Just check all the "XXX is the first to reach 100 in XXX league, gratz !" threads since PoE came out, you'll find out how bitchy people can be.

"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Because Occam's Razor

Actually "he made it by himself" goes way better with Occam's Razor than "he RMT'd".
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Nov 17, 2014, 4:34:47 PM
Cultural momentum™

Yes, I coined it, yes you can use it.

10cents USD per use, PM for my Paypal.
Noblesse oblige
I don't care for rich. But if he's rich and defending cheaters, he's one of them.
Oh yeah I've seen a lot of them It's highly amusing too.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

It's called a calculated assumption.

If you had some insight into the absurd amount of RMT that is going on, you would assume that "top tier gear" comes from RMT. Maybe not directly, but the 100-200 exalts and countless amounts of eternals required to make such gear, may come from someone that RMT's.

Of course, we're talking ladder here. Top tier gear in standard league is nothing special, where people have been spending years flipping.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Nov 17, 2014, 4:39:12 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:

Of course, we're talking ladder here. Top tier gear in standard league is nothing special, where people have been spending years flipping.

Standard League is up since January 2013, so it's not even 2 years. You're overexaggerating, just as in

"
If you had some insight into the absurd amount of RMT that is going on

IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Nov 17, 2014, 4:42:39 PM
I do not know why they think that, but what I do know, is that they give their power away with that choice.

Once you work you can understand at least the incentive for people to RMT - which is to save time.

It all comes down to the following 2 questions:

Q1. Is it fun to get there (high-end eq)? Yes/No.

Q2. Is it fun to play once you got there? Yes/No.

=======================================================

If Q2 = Yes, you should RMT.

If Q1 = Yes, you should not RMT.

If Q1 = Q2 = Yes, you should not RMT.

If Q1 = Q2 = No, you should quit the game.

=======================================================

As of now, a lot of people dont seem to like the numerous walls of RNG in poe. A lot of people dont seem to like the grinding system, which is still not rewarding enough. I can understand why people with very few freetime RMT. Maybe they want to try some builds, maybe try pvp, maybe just feel powerful. Whatever. It's an open market, so there will always be RMT. Get used to it.

I personally wouldn't do it because once you RMT there is no real point for me to play anymore. You get anything in a split second. What to play for/aim for anymore? You defeat the purpose. Except for the few reasons mentioned above.

Arguably RMT is not cheating. It's just paying other people for work = time. Supporting botters indirectly is another story which I am ignoring on purpose. RMT wouldn't likely work as well without botters, but botters will always be there as long as games will exist.
[With that many exalts floating around and each exalt 30 chaos (imagine how many 30 chaos packs you find until you find an exalt) you totally realize this game's economy is full of botters' influence everywhere. But no complaint a free to play is just too prone to hacking abuse, there is nothing which can be done tbh]
http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
Last edited by Dan1986 on Nov 17, 2014, 6:00:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info