When a person has ''top tier'' gear

I think most people do it because of how bad the drops are

I have not once got an OP (or what i think would be OP cause of what top tier means) drop ever

I hardly ever get the good orbs (ive had like 8 exalts in my lifetime i think)

Ive used like 4 exalts on gear to try to craft something that just turns to shit 100% of the time

So yeah surely you could see this?

Endgame gear should be get-able... im 92 (most likely 95 if i would quit dying) and i don't have one top tier item on any of my chars
And why do you care so much over what "they" got?
Lets just report evrything that is suspicious to ggg in a inner octagon theory.
I dont give a f over how the mysterious "they" got all that gear...

They sure did rtm all that ya, no good cheaters, lame ass lazy noobs..an i,m so good at this game that i sure dont need that but to be on the safe side i just repot him..

Cuz the game rewards you...oh sorry wrong game.

But i found a divine orb yesterday, so kinda yes, do you think i shoud try to divine a drillneck? Maybe i will get top rolls?...
ing: mater_suspiriorum_pl
"
Lynerus wrote:
I think most people do it because of how bad the drops are

I have not once got an OP (or what i think would be OP cause of what top tier means) drop ever

RNG in PoE says: Good items drop for anyone. Not everyone.

On a big enough player basis and time frame, no matter how unrealistic an item drop scenario is ("mirror on normal Hillock"), some people will luck out.

That's the mistake most players make:
They look at their own drops, and when someone else claims to have found better toys, he must be lieing, RMTing, botting, flipping.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
If you put the time in, and farm with proper IIR/IIQ, eventually you'll hit a one of the better unique items. You can't just play though the game a couple times and do runs with low amounts of those with inefficient killing methods and expect to find anything good, ever.

Decent IIR/IIQ #s are something like 300/100. Its probably harder to hit 100IIQ than it used to be post nerf, but get as much IIQ as you can, and IIR much past 300 hits severe diminishing returns.

When I did maps, I tried to roll "twinned" maps, with 2 bosses. Burning up lower level maps by running "twinned" is a decent way to MF. Don't waste any time, go straight to the bosses.

By doing proper MF runs, its normal to find more unique items worth at least 1ex or better than divine/exalted/eternal orbs. There are quite a few unique items worth 1ex or better, couple dozen in fact. Individually these items are definitely as rare or more rare than the currency orbs, but as a pool of items with a projected value, its still more likely to get one of those items from that particular pool.

If you're farming and finding tons and tons of junk unique items, then you're on the right track. Eventually one of those unique items will be a jackpot. You'll find probably 50-100 junk uniques for every one you can sell for a decent amount.

And farming isn't just about pocketing uniques. Make sure you do unID'd vendor combos for 2 chaos orbs. What I did was fill some tabs up and create a pool of items. Once those specific tabs filled up, I stopped grabbing those types. For example, my tab for 2h weapons filled up, so I no longer need to grab those, etc. The bottleneck for me was always rings/amulet. If you get a nice stockpile of unID'd rings/amulets you could knock out tons of chaos orb x2 vendor combos in a very short amount of time. There is also regal orbs. Unsure of the current exchange rates on them, but they've usually been = to chaos orbs or worth 1.5 chaos. They're harder to get rid of though, so as a flat currency, I still prefer chaos orbs. Everybody needs chaos orbs for rolling maps. So converting loot into the TOP burnable currency is a better idea, IMO. If they're high enough item level to give regal orbs, it might be a good idea to ID those items anyway, especially rings/amulets.

Knowing which rings/amulets are valuable and which ones are for vendor combos isn't always as easy as it might seem. You need to think about which mods would be the best for the "cookie cutter" builds out there. Figure out what optimal mods are for quite a few builds and sorta estimate how close a certain ring/amulet is to optimal. If its even 1/2 way there to optimal, its worth something. I've gotten 10c for rings/amulets I might have otherwise vendored.

Don't even waste your time trying to sell trash uniques or rares for 1-2 chaos. You can do MF runs and just knock out unID'd vendor combos more efficiently. Every now and then I'll fill up a tab with junk uniques and give them all away for free, anything worth less than 5 chaos orbs I give away for free.

I recommend putting people who frequently lowball you on good items on ignore. It makes things easier. For example, I got a high demand unique item, I know its worth 5ex all day long, every day of the week. I'm not selling it for 4ex. Just not gonna do it. Items that I farm up myself, whoever buys it is paying the full going rate for it. So I'm only selling to end users, not flippers. The thing about flippers is they buy low and sell high. So even if they hypothetically got something you might want, they're gonna charge out the ass for it. So putting the biggest known flippers on ignore never impacted my ability to sell items for the going rate, or to find stuff I needed. The ones complaining about flippers should do something about it. Something more than whining on the forums. I did. I put them on ignore, and I never sold top items to them for lowball amounts.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Nov 20, 2014, 2:11:13 AM
Uhn... Probably.

Didn't ggg recently jack up the difficulty of the higher maps or smth too? And nerf defenses on the passive tree?

Why would GGG shit all over game accessability? Wouldn't that turn a debatable amount of players that really enjoy the game from playing to paying... Paying the rmt people?

The rmt sites which are not related to ggg. At all. Right?

I played the hell out of diablo 2, ages and ages ago. And there totally were traders then. They seemd to love trading. I thought they were retards. They were the kind of dorks that would take screenshots of all their sojs in their stashes, then later runewords, etc etc.

That was their game, not mine, not an arpg, their game. Their game was econoy. "They made the game they wanted to play. Those dorks trading in d2.

Cut, print, kill the pig -Krusty the Klown.
"
Uhn... Probably.

Didn't ggg recently jack up the difficulty of the higher maps or smth too? And nerf defenses on the passive tree?

Why would GGG shit all over game accessability? Wouldn't that turn a debatable amount of players that really enjoy the game from playing to paying... Paying the rmt people?

The rmt sites which are not related to ggg. At all. Right?

I played the hell out of diablo 2, ages and ages ago. And there totally were traders then. They seemd to love trading. I thought they were retards. They were the kind of dorks that would take screenshots of all their sojs in their stashes, then later runewords, etc etc.

That was their game, not mine, not an arpg, their game. Their game was econoy. "They made the game they wanted to play. Those dorks trading in d2.

Cut, print, kill the pig -Krusty the Klown.

Endgame maps needed to be tougher. It was/is kinda easy. Aften All its -end- game, it is supposed to be Hard. Not "omg lol"-easy.
Last edited by kussekurt on Nov 26, 2014, 2:18:33 AM
"
kussekurt wrote:

Endgame maps needed to be tougher. It was/is kinda easy. Aften All its -end- game, it is supposed to be Hard. Not "omg lol"-easy.

what's "easy" for some, can be ass-kickingly hard for others.

some players, don't have the luxury of steam-rolling through the game sporting the best gear Exalts can buy, and the most popularly-copied-as-is flavour-of-the-month build.

but since GGG apparently balances around the uber-geared trade-mongers, there are some who don't even need to hear "THE TOUCH OF GOD!" or see a huge rock swinging their way, to know a 1-shot is coming.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Seriously there is not much difference between hitting the jackpot and getting a mjolner and RMT 100exalts.

It is not like good drops are gated behind anything other than RNG. Even acuity.
"
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
"
chromafunk wrote:
I assume RMT when someone has t1 gear but doesn't seem to know anything about the game.

Exactly this ... so easy to spot.

my favorite instance of this ever --

a guy PMs me asking for help in how to down regular Atziri with his ST character in Standard. I was in Ambush at the time, playing low life Spectral Throw so I got a lot of pms about ST so that wasn't unusual. He includes a link to his gear for me to view.

Every slot mirrored. dagger, legacy shav, mirrored jewellery, everything.

He couldn't beat normal Atziri. Turns out he was suiciding himself against the mirror in the split every single time. (That was the final 2 or so portals he had left after dying many times every run on the trio) He needed ME to help him through that great challenge. He'd done 20+ runs and failed without ever trying to adapt or even just google the fight. He didn't even make it to Atziri the first 10ish runs because he died to trio.

NORMAL ATZIRI

Unbanned to this day. I can't post his name of course, but yeah. Some people are just special.

So the guy didnt understand the mechanics of one of the hardest fights in the game and all of a sudden hes got to be an RMTer?

Its .People like you .... that automatically jump to conclusions and assume the worst of others without hard evidence.

It's possible he RMTed...

or its just as possible he used to play before Atziri was released and therefore was not expecting her to be so tough.... and just so you know anyone who RMTS can google how to beat a fight.... if anything the fact that he was having trouble probably just proves that he WASNT RMTing.. and maybe was not the best skilled player but just very lucky and managed to win the lottery a few times which would explain his skill:gear ratio.

My point is you can not just go and judge whomever you wish based on a few assumptions.. .. you know what they say about people who assume right?
Is this game p2w? Yes
Stash tab - p2w = currency
MTX - p2w = 150% RNG boost

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info