anyone else play grim dawn?

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Gladiator Crucible complete:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2aRcpFGQgA&feature=youtu.be

FYI, that's one of the tankiest builds in the game I'm running, if I was a less tanky build with less HP I would have been killed several times. Nothing in the normal game does that sorta damage.

Gotta say that high level play looks pretty good, you were pressed a few times but it seemed like nothing could actually oneshot you. I also see some chokepoint management which is pretty good, not to mention you aren't exploding half the screen in a few swipes.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

My major gripes with it are mostly conceptual, rather than technical or balance related.
First, it's not HC friendly at all. At all. Second, it's too long to complete. I would like it shorter, but more intense.

Then of course come some balance issues, like the overtuned damage of certain bosses, the random spawn of bosses able to bring impossible combos, and finally - the completely imbalanced final wave having nothing in common with the previous waves in terms of difficulty.

I can live with the balance issues and I know they will get fixed sooner or later. But can't accept the conceptual flaws.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Bought it in Feb, played for awhile some cookie cutter build which kinda sux because it's hard to get good gear in the game, got involved with Ascendancy and some other stuff, got a new computer a few weeks ago, lost my saved games. :(

Now I started over again and have no idea what I'm doing. I have to wiki everything and some of the bosses are OP as fuck.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Bought it in Feb, played for awhile some cookie cutter build which kinda sux because it's hard to get good gear in the game, got involved with Ascendancy and some other stuff, got a new computer a few weeks ago, lost my saved games. :(

Now I started over again and have no idea what I'm doing. I have to wiki everything and some of the bosses are OP as fuck.

Ye GD is pretty similar to PoE in that regard. Somewhat overwhelming when you first start out.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Minor thread necro but just wanted to give everyone a heads up: grim dawn is part of the September Humble Monthly package.

~32 days left to subscribe for 1 month (and cancel).

$12 US by itself is a good price based on steam sales history (lowest historical steam price was 12.49 US). The 7 mystery games you get in October are a nice bonus incentive.

That's less than a stash tab bundle. :p
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Resurrecting this slightly necro thread to say this game is way too hard. Bosses are OP. I think, in short, that I stink.
Censored.
Game looks like hard as you're new to it, thus not accustomed to what works and what doesn't, what's of importance and what's not. It becomes harder on ultimate difficulty, it's the real build check. A bad, poorly geared build is impossible to play on ultimate. The other difficulties are a walk in the park.

The good news about bosses is fights are always mechanical, and they can't oneshot a relatively well developed char (besides a few really nasty bitches).

Tell what bothers you at the moment, eventually post your build/devotions (grimcalc.com).

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
When I first started GD, I went with a blademaster. I pretty much cruised through the first 2 difficulties no problem, but hit a massive wall in Ultimate. Like I was getting freaking balled by run of the mill trash mobs. I remember the first time I had the audacity to think I could walk through a poison cloud in ultimate with 26% poison resist. REKT. I dunno if anyone remembers how D3 was within like its first month with Inferno difficulty, but yeah it was almost that bad. But the difference is you can actually find gear in GD, and didn't have to RMT it like in old school D3.

Its not THAT hard to gear up in Grim Dawn. It's way easier than gearing up in PoE. But yeah, until you get a decent gear collection, and some leveling gear for other builds, it's a PITA.

There aren't really any builds as OP as some of the top builds in PoE either. Like nothing anywhere near as crazy as coc cyclone discharger or anything like that.
It's boss fights that are getting me. I'm at act 4 now. I can tell you what's wrong in 2 words: bad gear.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Resurrecting this slightly necro thread to say this game is way too hard. Bosses are OP. I think, in short, that I stink.

take it slowly man. and use the respec vendor (in act 1) freely, as you learn which skills work best for your build.
also use grimcalc and forums for optimization and playstyle tips.

it is a lot like PoE in that sense.

for story bosses, most are pretty fair fights except a couple ... which you will probably need to zerg on the first playthrough.
once you learn more they will become less scary.

go for the side quests of act 3 to boost up your gear. they are tough but you can do it.

as for optional or "uber" stuff like Swamp/hidden path/steps of torment/bastion of chaos - you can try the easier "free" (a.k.a no skeleton key required) parts of them for some efficient farming.
do not try going all the way, yet. you'll get there when ready.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 29, 2016, 9:16:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info