anyone else play grim dawn?

They made some changes to OA, and mobs in Ultimate difficulty ended up with like 2.5x higher OA than they had previously. It's a change that's gonna get rolled back.

It was pretty nuts, people with 2400 DA were getting critted by trash mobs.
OA/DA formula is the bane of TQ/GD imo as far as mechanics goes.

its too hard to balance well. they changed it like 10 times and its still not terribly good (imo)
OA formula by itself is pretty ok, especially after the massive rework back in the days. Early on game was "get crit or gtfo".

What's not ok are unjustified changes like these. What makes it even more problematic is the rework affects all types of mobs, and some of them are already overtuned, thus reflecting into brutal damage spikes at times.
Crate don't balance the fractions of monsters, or single representatives, separately, but the OA changes affect them all. I've always considered this a downside.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
That feel when Fast, Normal, and Slow will be gone from the game, but I welcome the change

"
Weapon tooltips now display an Attacks per Second value instead of a "speed" tag (ex. Fast / Very Slow / etc)

The character sheet now displays an Attacks per Second value modified by all speed bonuses and penalties

and they are addressing a bit on

"
Updated the difficulty curve such that the jump between difficulties is not as extreme. Difficulty now scales more with player level so that Elite and Ultimate naturally become harder as the player's power increases, resulting in a smoother progression overall. Note that there is still an increase in challenge when moving up to Elite or Ultimate, but it is no longer as severe.

Slightly reduced Nemesis boss Offensive Ability

Slightly reduced Physical damage dealt by monsters on Ultimate difficulty

The rest of the 1.0.0.8 patch notes (preview) are here.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jan 30, 2017, 3:21:20 PM
Got bored in regular Grim Dawn.

Now trying out a mod a friend was playing and its hella fun. Dawn of Heroes.

What can i say.

- More masteries(well done ones)

- More spawns(not rare with 5 hero monsters same pack)

- Drop rates much increased (loot is flying everywhere, almost too much)

- Level 100

- now up to 64 devotion points (normal is what, 50 right?)

- Items including legendaries can now roll prefix + suffix(GG)

Drop rate might be too high, although maybe its needed with prefix+suffix possible on legendaries, but that also means now i can have a blast leveling and lets face it its fucking epic boring to level in grim dawn and takes days.

Its a very basic mod, it doesn't try to alter the content except new masteries, just augments the base game. Which i like.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jan 30, 2017, 4:42:07 PM
Their [Class & Skills] patch note says "This is a buff" (to those skills in general, but is more substantial at lower ranks.).

Well this must not be a mere coincidence! lol!

I must find time to play the expansion.
Last edited by TrichocereusSP on Jan 30, 2017, 4:47:45 PM
Interesting, will have to go back and play it :-)
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Only started to play it 2 days ago, and I like it.
I play blind but already have couple question, because don't want to make super-awful char:
1)Is it ok to concentrate on one class, at least to beat normal diff, or it will become unplayable after, idk, level 40-50? I'm 32 atm
2)if first answer is no then what could be good 2nd class for demolitionist? looks like only shaman and maybe blademaster have some useful pets/buffs without needing to spend very many points in it.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Don't focus on a single class for too long, and avoid the related over investment in skills. Up to the mid game the points in skill mastery are much more useful. Basically, try to split the points into 2 in skill mastery 1 in skill per level, 1:1 past lvl 50.

Depends on the planned build and preferred damage type. Demo can be played as everything, could be used as the main class or as support, etc. Tell me more.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Just playing main campaign for now, using flame shot(or w/e it is called, the one you can get straight from level 1), grenade, fustercluck bomb and sometimes stun jacks. For now it works good, only had 1 death to manticore boss, which is clearly anti-kite-designed. That's why I'm asking - as long as I can kite it is ok but when I can't I just rekt. I see that blademaster seems to have melee-range defense buff, and shaman should have some pets that may tank for me, that's why I thought about that classes.
Preferred damage type? fire, I guess.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Jan 31, 2017, 4:24:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info