anyone else play grim dawn?

in the first difficulty you dont need to zerg anything at all. in fact, cant think of a boss you even come close to needing to zerg unless you're significantly, severely undergeared for Log (last boss of the game)

if you have titan quest experience, everything should be natural in terms of mechanics

if not, most of resists are your friends. OA and DA even while nerfed are still extremely good. you also want some CC/oh shit skills in your arsenal, especially if youre melee. dont be afraid to augment gear with components, they are very common on the earlier difficulties.
"
grepman wrote:
in the first difficulty you dont need to zerg anything at all. in fact, cant think of a boss you even come close to needing to zerg unless you're significantly, severely undergeared for Log (last boss of the game)

Bolvar and Zaria the cultists. a.k.a "fucking Bolvar" as I like to call him.
the queen in the nest.
Log's guardian (poison leech thing) unless really high resistance (which you will not have in your first playthrough)...
there are more than a few dishonorable mentions, which kicked my ass on my first char - and I actually have Titan Quest experience.

Grim Dawn can be brutal, Grep.

also, the new player can accidentally try take on Mogdrogen, and you know what happens.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 30, 2016, 9:43:32 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

Bolvar and Zaria the cultists. a.k.a "fucking Bolvar" as I like to call him.
the queen in the nest.
Log's guardian (poison leech thing) unless really high resistance (which you will not have in your first playthrough)...
there are more than a few dishonorable mentions, which kicked my ass on my first char - and I actually have Titan Quest experience.

Grim Dawn can be brutal, Grep.

also, the new player can accidentally try take on Mogdrogen, and you know what happens.

ok fair enough with mogdrogen, but hes pretty much an optional hidden boss and is deliberately designed to be completely op.

the other guys are not an issue with resists- which admittedly players like to skimp on. resists are probably the most powerful defensive mechanic in the game. its crazy how different fights are with max resists and low resists. they are utter faceroll with max resists.
Mogdrogen isn't in the game as a legitimate challenge. He's there as sorta a firewall for OP builds. Any build that beats Mog easily gets nerfed. Most builds won't beat the Legendary version. It's not even slightly within the realm of possibility. If you die, he heals all his HP back.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Oct 4, 2016, 4:00:18 PM
Zantai previewed one of the new areas in the new expansion (act 5).

Forgot to include this as well, which shows a few mobs from the new area that was slightly revealed today.

Note: This has nothing to do with the new Aetherial roguelike dungeon, which will be a free content update. The ones above is an actual expansion.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Oct 10, 2016, 6:27:33 PM
this is the build I am currently working on:

LEVEL 85 (MAX)

LEVEL 61

LEVEL 38

It's a battlemage (arcanist + soldier). It uses chaos beam as the main attack.
It utilizes some life drain from the devotion tree for more survivability, as well as a lot of increased damage and chaos damage so you can mow down enemies before they reach you.
Last edited by Darkfyre on Nov 2, 2016, 6:15:29 PM
Just started playing- bought it on sale during Halloween weekend- made a Blademaster (lvl30) and now a Shaman( and then will add Soldier) in hc.
Liking it so far, a bit overwhelming at first, there's a lot to learn but the tutorial tips help,and I don't want to look into guides or else for my first playthrough...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Nov 8, 2016, 3:27:39 AM
Looks like patch 1.0.0.7 which contains the Fall of Valbury content (the third roguelike dungeon) will be released this week. On top of that, Zantai has given us a bit of info on the first expansion. Quoted as "It’s getting to be a big one, packed with a massive new chapter of the Grim Dawn story, new features, new items, an increased level cap and TWO (that’s right) two new masteries."So the two new masteries is confirmed now. The bit of info happens that the 7th mastery for Grim Dawn will be the Inquisitor

Description from Dev: "Inquisitors have a vast arsenal or artifacts at their disposal, making them excellent fighters at range, but also effective in melee. Their greatest strength lies in the use of Elemental magic, though anyone with a penchant for physical altercations will find plenty here to enhance their playstyles. "

2017 is going to be another good year for Grim Dawn. Hopefully on their first update (Grim Misadventures update) of 2017, they reveal what the 8th mastery will be? :D

Source: here
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Looks like patch 1.0.0.7 which contains the Fall of Valbury content (the third roguelike dungeon) will be released this week. On top of that, Zantai has given us a bit of info on the first expansion. Quoted as "It’s getting to be a big one, packed with a massive new chapter of the Grim Dawn story, new features, new items, an increased level cap and TWO (that’s right) two new masteries."So the two new masteries is confirmed now. The bit of info happens that the 7th mastery for Grim Dawn will be the Inquisitor

Description from Dev: "Inquisitors have a vast arsenal or artifacts at their disposal, making them excellent fighters at range, but also effective in melee. Their greatest strength lies in the use of Elemental magic, though anyone with a penchant for physical altercations will find plenty here to enhance their playstyles. "

2017 is going to be another good year for Grim Dawn. Hopefully on their first update (Grim Misadventures update) of 2017, they reveal what the 8th mastery will be? :D

Source: here

Looks like the patch came out today and to access the new roguelike dungeon: "Those seeking death in Port Valbury can begin their adventure in the Conflagration, northeast of Homestead. Those Honored with the Outcast may also want to pay her a visit."

Source: 1.0.0.7 patch notes

Edit: Think you need to use the Skeleton key to open the area like in SoT and BoC.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 20, 2016, 1:28:39 PM
getting absolutely shredded in Port Valbury...
I need a better build.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info