Fundrils

Personally, I think COD + AA is fine, it's just less damage. It is certainly better defense.

I ran a similar build style to this last league and found that CoD > CJ for defense (of course). I think that with LT, you do enough damage to kill almost everything before it hits you and in the rare instance where you do get hit, you've got a decent lifepool + flasks + leech.

Generally what is going to kill you is a massive boss hit, which you should be avoiding anyways, or a reflect beyond pack/lockbox pre-cast, which is really just a mistake of play as well.

I find trash/packs/rares can't kill me unless they're devourers w/ powerful crits / vuln etc. This build w/ the gear I posted at least, is ONE SHOT or GO HOME. Of course, it's a softcore league, so this is functionally fine.

If you want a safer skill, just go arc. I find it's not as quick to clear as LT though. Assuming gear in a two week time period that is, of course any build with enough gear is insane.
Last edited by Calexisana on Dec 21, 2014, 6:01:29 PM
due to regular desyncs i guess CoD will work in a good way to protect your soft part. or we can try to reach MoM somehow on a tree.(the only plus of that-we make our dex more stable). one more question-still best gem setup. i'd suggest lt+fc+added chaos+leech+crit dmg+aoe vs regular and lt+fc+leech+conc+pene+crit dmg vs boss. //
P.S. how will it be with CoD in terms of aoe if we take 40% from tree+2x divinarius=60 total minus 30(conc effect).. i mean these 30% inc is ok? cuz on other hand we can have 40+20+20+43-30 which seems to be very wealthy

one more point. what is better? 71% lightning dmg vs 20% cast speed+dex that we need a lot.(way to dark arts in same amount of nodes)
thx for opinions
IGN-Chatillion
Last edited by moonbeast495 on Dec 21, 2014, 7:17:33 PM
Actually my plan on the build is to swap out the increased critical for added chaos, that should actually take care of reflect completely with VP since chaos is not reflected but you will still leech it effectively allowing you to ignore reflect for the most part. I actually think it will break even on the damage as well since the crit multi gem is not as good as before.

My ideal method is LT + Leech + FC + Added chaos + Conc Eff + increased AoE in order of importance(last two can be swapped on a 5link depending on if you have a carcass jack or not(the carcass jack will make up for the reduced aoe on Conc Effect otherwise you want the increased aoe until you get a carcass).

That should spark the balance between damage and not one shotting myself on reflect packs on accident.

Lightning penetration is really nice but the only thing I really can see sacrificing for it is the increased aoe which is just too good for room clearing and just feels better. I think it probably would break even with faster casting but faster casting is better mechanically. It could be used to replace added chaos, but I think added chaos is better dps.

Ideally the choice would be between added chaos and lightning pen, I think both are good options but added chaos is better against reflect while lightning pen actually makes reflect more difficult to handle. The other upside is the added chaos will also work against mobs that have high resists which makes it actually better than lightning penetration in those cases as well.
Last edited by Maethorr on Dec 22, 2014, 1:56:30 AM
I liked the build.

What do you think about acuity? I guess we are kinda closer to VP so acuity is a bit waste of it?

Gear
Spoiler
Nice discussion guys. I decided to use CJ over cloak simply because I play SC and wanted as much DPS as possible. I just find DPS fun. Also extra gore. Cloak is a good armor but I'm not thrilled about it for softcore.

"
rasmon wrote:
I liked the build.

What do you think about acuity? I guess we are kinda closer to VP so acuity is a bit waste of it?

Gear
Spoiler

Acuity on spellcasters is meh now. We have around 60% chance to crit, so our leech is 60%*60%=36% with Acuity vs 40% with VP. With incr crit strikes gem we could probably get right around 40%. What it comes down it is whether you can get more DPS than 36 crit multi/50 crit multi with the points you gain by going Acuity. Also we're about 12 points away from VP on the current tree, so I do think you can do better with 12 points, it's just acuity is very expensive relative to the benefit they bring now.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
I'm assuming those stats are current with 1.3?
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
for cheap activation-2 moonsorrow wands^ no crit but gg stats in beginning. btw i asked an opinion about dark arts instead of lightning wheel on top. anyone?
IGN-Chatillion
"
moonbeast495 wrote:
for cheap activation-2 moonsorrow wands^ no crit but gg stats in beginning. btw i asked an opinion about dark arts instead of lightning wheel on top. anyone?

71% lightning damage and 3% lit pen vs 20% cast speed.

Remember that crit is a multiplier. Critting more often (cast speed route) is fine, but you aren't going to crit anywhere near as hard as you do with the lightning damage wheel. And, when you get stuck in those situations where for whatever reason you don't crit for 3 casts in a row, hitting harder is going to help leech you out of situations with vaal pact, rather than a bunch of smaller leeches.

If that lightning penetration wasn't there I'd say there's more flex for picking either one, but the lit pen is what really solidifies it as the more efficient choice.

Lastly: getting Dark Arts has 0 benefit for those moments when you shield swap for reflect maps or Atziri. In those times, it becomes just 5 points sitting there doing nothing.

Edit: (To add to my last thought there, spending 5 regrets when you know you're going to do 30 Apex runs in a row is fine, but when you're rolling high level maps with chaos, it gets expensive in a real hurry to a) skip a reflect map b/c you took Dark Arts instead or b) spend 5 regrets just to run one or two maps, then another 5 to spec back).
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 22, 2014, 4:59:50 AM
My pantsless scrub in bloodlines

Lvl 76 atm
~11k dps with conc, lvl 17 tendrils
Current tree

"
feel like a powerful mage who teleports in the middle of her or his enemies and shatters them all screaming "POWER OVERWHELMING!"
Pretty much this :)

Going to share another update after lvl 85.
Last edited by ekunholy on Dec 22, 2014, 7:59:09 AM
Last edited by Exbarbarian on Dec 22, 2014, 7:49:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info