Fundrils

I managed to get Level 91 now
I really like this build even if it lacks in defense. Feels like a challenge to make this build viable for atziri.

I dont really like this atziri-flask. i rather play diamond-flask especially to nuke bosses way faster and have a way more easy start without any power-Charge. 2x insta-recovery because of playing alot of elemental weakness or -20%- resistance maps, so i can easily deal with reflect.

Plateau (75): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8Te40B-vps
coutyard(78): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCwnCF9G66Y (2 bosses)
Palace(78): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ihadwvgG8k

gonna try atziri next days.
Last edited by andrewlicious on Feb 12, 2015, 12:18:47 AM
"
Calexisana wrote:
My TORMENT gear below

I strongly recommend chasing LIFE + MANA REGEN (Need high AA) when building out your tree. I picked up crit chance next (multi is actually more damage but you really don't need damage, you need consistency)

3.9k life
max res (78% light)
Vaal Pact
LL Gem (mandatory)

Thanks for your post. I was looking for some ideas to make the build a little more defensive.

I adopted your Molten/AA/CwDT layout, and I've also swapped out the elemental weakness curse for warlord's mark for more life leech and physical damage reduction charges. To make up a bit for the elemental weakness loss, I'm using lightning penetration on my 6L. Using 1 Divinarius and 1 rare dagger to which I've added 1% life leach from lightning damage.

The combination of these has helped me feel a little more resilient. There's been a minor DPS loss, but the build is more fun for me to play, and I'm still right around 30k dps without charges up. Can't wait until my gems hit lvl 20 and I can GCP them to 20q.
Been around doing this build and its pretty fun
in my case i made a variant that makes it more tanky and without EB, i cannot nuke mobs like the creator of the build, but its very doable

currently im trying to 6L a carcass, but im never lucky with this XD
I wanted to get some defense between me and the mobs so swapped out the ice spear setup on one of the Divinarius to summon skeletons, spell totem and blind. Works very well and has kept me alive numerous times.

Love the build, thanks for it. Now 83 and lots o' fun to play.

Avid Player
Very successful build!

Thank you very much for it! I got around 50k DPS now without 7 power charges and before drinking Atziri`s Flask.

I leveled completely from 1-88 with Lightning Tendrils. Lovely skill.

So, now that I've got a character in Standard to play around with this, I've been using this setup. The biggest difference is that I've gone heavy into Cast Speed instead of Crit with my weapons.

Passive Tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwSzBUIHHgelDkgPxBEPES0RlhOeFLAWvxo4JpUnLyj6KU8qOCycMtE1kjt8O-M9X0GHQZZE-0VHRtdJUUmyTC1Ms1AwUlNVS1XGVyld8l8qYeJjQ2QJZJ1wUnDVcYV8g34zfll-r3_GghCCHoKbgseD24V9idOKKIw2jRmP-pBVlS6WdJeVl_SaO5rgn9-iAKKjpJGpbq6ztfK2hrc-uJO4ysAawGbB88360PXVpti92V_bC9te3YzfsOAS4XPr5Ovu6_XsOO0g7TzvfPDV8h356P4K

With this setup I get around 120k Tooltip DPS (with L20 Gems) and, with 7 Power Charges up, I'm critting about 50% of the time. Here is the reasoning behind my choices:

1) Gloves: Voidbringer over Maligaro's: Nearly 3 times the Crit Chance over Maligaro's seems more than worth it. I'm already focusing on Mana Regeneration and lots of Mana on this build, so the drawback isn't too harsh. Still, it has made a Quality Concentrated Effect gem quite useful, and I'm working on grabbing a couple Mana Regeneration nodes in the tree for pure Quality of Life at this point. I used Maligaro's on this build for a long time and it works quite well, but then Haku decided to sell me a pair of Voidbringer and I decided to give them a try out of curiosity.

2) Cast Speed Wands over Divinarius: Losing out on that big crit chance boost from Divinarius was kind of painful, but every time I swapped them in, regardless of crit gear or crit nodes, getting a huge cast speed bonus trumped Dinvinarius every time. The cast speed wands were functionally the difference between a .20 Second Cast Speed and .24 Second cast speed. One extra cast a second demolished any boost the Divinarius gave me.

3) Spell Echo: I know all the arguments about how you get two crits or two non-crits. I'm using it for cast speed, which is king in this build. Field testing it shows Spell Echo working very well, and when you combine it with Voidbringer's boost in mana cost it gets very useful very fast. You could probably swap in Added Chaos and it would work reasonably well.

The other gear is all pretty standard stuff. I've prepped this build for the eventual 2.0 release by taking Enduring Cry out of the CWDT links and put in dual curse. Vaal Storm Call is just fun and does a reasonable amount of damage when there are a lot of enemies surrounding you, but isn't necessary to my setup.
My Builds:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1739942 - Flee the Fire! Fireball / Flameblast Sire of Shards Chieftain
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1572176 - Chill and Breathe: An Arctic Breath Totem Build
Last edited by Eustacio on Apr 14, 2015, 12:03:37 PM
I've been going with arc but once I get enough regret I may try this out. Early on I noticed how much damage that tendrils could push out and was wondering if it be possible to build something around it that be viable. Arc clears a room faster no doubt but tendrils is good at handling those pesky single target minions. That's where arc falls flat on its face.
Updated for 2.0. We are stronger than ever.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:

Where? There is nothing updated!
Old description, old tree, old videos...

Please show your updated Guide!
"
Firnefex wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:

Where? There is nothing updated!
Old description, old tree, old videos...

Please show your updated Guide!

Yes I used the old tree, too and really want to see the new tree on the build to stay viable.

For example Eldritch Battery got changed (no more ES = Mana conversion)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info