Fundrils

Hey dude! Respeced today to your build. The dps is quite good, tho i'm really squishy. I get 3 shotted by pretty much everything. This is my build. Any recomendations for what to change to gain survivability?
Spoiler

Last edited by BlackNeo on Dec 14, 2014, 5:37:15 PM
"
BlackNeo wrote:
Hey dude! Respeced today to your build. The dps is quite good, tho i'm really squishy. I get 3 shotted by pretty much everything. This is my build. Any recomendations for what to change to gain survivability?
Spoiler

Get +life in gear.
"
onizuka1488 wrote:
"
BlackNeo wrote:
Spoiler

Get +life in gear.

And put in life leech gem. Vaal pact + life leech helps you survive in many situations where you would otherwise die. See my atziri trio video for example.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
How would you alter the tree for bloodlines? which nodes would be the first ones you would drop in exchange for more life?
Hi

Your build works really well in Torment so far, i'm level 65 atm and i really enjoy it, thank you !

6k dps with shitty gear, i can clear lvl 66map without damage issues, but god i'm squishy as hell.

onizuka1488: I can't imagine playing this build without Life Leech linked to LT.

I have a question, what gems would you prioritize with Lightning Tendrils on:
- a 4L ?
- a 5L ?
- a 6L ?

thanks again.
Last edited by blaupe on Dec 15, 2014, 9:54:25 AM
Hello, I've reached lvl 65 in torment with this build and it has been a blast leveling with and I am starting maps now.
10K dps with a moonsorrow I found and 2.6k life (because shit gear) + resist capped.
It clears pretty well but I get 3 shot by everything.
I actually had to zerg rush merciless imperial gardens because I was too squishy and it is impossible to progress in maps without life leech and vaal pact =.=.

The best thing I can think of is to stack as many defensive mechanisms as possible.
CwDT+Enduring Cry+Immortal Call+Molten Shell/Increased Duration/Decoy Totem
Arctic Amour + EB
Auto Curses: Assassin's Mark + Warlords Mark (with Vaal Pact for the leech)
Reckoning + (Life Gain on Hit / Knockback / Blind /Increased AOE) Haven't tested what combo will work yet.
CwDT + Enduring Cry + Lifeleech + Discharge? (Ghuuda says it might work)
Cold Snap+Ele Prolif + Cold Penetration. This setup works wonders on my crit glacial cascader who shares almost the exact same tree. You freeze shit, it prolifs, you fight statues, and you can cast 7 times cos power charges :) (Also works on bosses if trash mobs are nearby)
When leveling I used a searing bond totem to draw agro which is very important because tendril's AOE isn't big enough to kill everything before they kill you.
Going Cloak of Defiance will definitely help but it costs 2ex atm on torment and I already bought a 5l with +1 to socketed gems :)
Lastly I would probably not go Heart of Thunder and spec into life instead but apart from this, I think we gotta just kill things before they touch us...

Summary:
"the best defense is a good offense"
"kill it before it kills you"
"path of dps"
Last edited by Uraweirdo on Dec 15, 2014, 9:58:20 AM
hey there, I've flipped a lvl 65 templar I had lying around into this build, and I really like it!

I am having a few issues, though. Hopefully someone can help me out
I'm running a +% spell damage and +& spell crit chance dagger with a Saffell's frame. I currently only have a level 9 Lightning Tendrils gem and am getting roughly 1,200dps. With a 6.5% leech life leech gem linked to my lightning tendrils and being specced into Vaal Pact, I should be expecting around

1200*0.065*(1-0.4) = 46.8 life leech per second, and while that's not a huge amount, I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere near it. Is there anything I can do to improve the amount of life leech I receive, or do I just have to wait until my LT gem levels?

I am having a hard time staying alive to monsters in Cruel Act III..

thanks for any input!
What about running this combo:
Immortal Flesh + Saffell's Frame.
It would net 74% all res and a lot more tanky vs physical attacks.

I am curious how that would work out.
Can someone test?
If you run this as dual wield i would HIGHLY recommend taking Dark Arts. 20% cast speed for 4 nodes (no extra travel if you change how you path to EB.
"
nebunelux wrote:
What about running this combo:
Immortal Flesh + Saffell's Frame.
It would net 74% all res and a lot more tanky vs physical attacks.

I am curious how that would work out.
Can someone test?

This build should work with vaal pact, so life regen doesn't exist for build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info