Fundrils

Hello, i have a question about herald of ice (currently haven't found answer in specific thread). Inner force will increase added dmg, but how does it stack with spell dmg?

For example

spell deal 200dmg and has 100% dmg effectiveness
herald adds 100dmg
you have 26 buff effects
you have +200spell dmg

1) buff effect apply first, then spell dmg:
200 (base dmg) + 100*1.26 (herald bonus) = 326
326*3 (spell dmg bonus) = 978

2) buff effect will be stacked with spell dmg for dmg bonus:
200 * 3 (spell dmg bonus) = 600
100 * (1+0.26(buff effects)+2(spell dmg)) = 326 (herald bonus)
total dmg 926

If 1. is correct, then inner force is better than crit multi cluster
otherwise not
Last edited by alt0172 on Dec 9, 2014, 2:38:39 AM
As far as I understand 1 is correct.

I didn't take inner force because I didn't want to deal with extra reflect damage from HoI and HoT, since they don't have a leech gem linked to them.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Really nice build here. I'm trialing your build right now on my witch before 1.3 rolls. So far its been really nice and fun. Most of the damage occurs when i crit though so echo isn't too great.
Also with the saddening nerf to increased critical damage, i tried replacing it with added chaos damage and found it to be very nice. Not only is the damage more consistent but reflect doesn't hurt as much.
So far my links are: tendrils, added chaos, faster casting, inc aoe, conc effect and life leech in a tabula (too poor for a 6l carcass).
I plan on playing this in the new leagues because it seems really fun.

Edit: A quick question on survivability, what do you do about large hits that can one shot? I know vaal pact can sustain through damage but single large hits become a problem without any mitigation and a low-ish life pool and only a CwDT setup and AA.
Last edited by Uraweirdo on Dec 12, 2014, 8:17:38 AM
I think I'd like to give this a go because the skill looks fun and wasn't in the game when I last played. Generally speaking, where do you want to head on the tree first?
"
JoeODanger wrote:
I think I'd like to give this a go because the skill looks fun and wasn't in the game when I last played. Generally speaking, where do you want to head on the tree first?

Life, crit chance, spell dmg, crit multi, mana regen, and then vaal pact.

Uraweirdo: yeah this bulid is pretty bad against big hits. The only thing is that you can really leech 3-3.5k HP per second thanks to vaal pact. If you think of a way to make it better let me know. After crit multi got nerfed I'm not sure whether AC is better.

"
JoeODanger wrote:

Life, crit chance, spell dmg, crit multi, mana regen, and then vaal pact.

Uraweirdo: yeah this bulid is pretty bad against big hits. The only thing is that you can really leech 3-3.5k HP per second thanks to vaal pact. If you think of a way to make it better let me know. After crit multi got nerfed I'm not sure whether AC is better.

I'd like to have some guidance on which way on the skill tree to go. I am going for heart of thunder instead of celestaian part. and I am surely not aiming for lvl 97 char, would like to know what would a 85 lvl skill tree look like. Really confused, please help.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwVCB6UI9BBYEQ8snDpYPV9BlkmyTLNQMFJTVcZfKmpDbRl2EX6vghCD25eVl_Sus8BU0PXbXt-w5Ozr5A==
Last edited by Timoke62 on Dec 13, 2014, 11:41:30 AM
"
Timoke62 wrote:
I'd like to have some guidance on which way on the skill tree to go. I am going for heart of thunder instead of celestaian part. and I am surely not aiming for lvl 97 char, would like to know what would a 85 lvl skill tree look like. Really confused, please help.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwVCB6UI9BBYEQ8snDpYPV9BlkmyTLNQMFJTVcZfKmpDbRl2EX6vghCD25eVl_Sus8BU0PXbXt-w5Ozr5A==

Sorry I was just being lazy posting a 97 tree. I posted a L90 tree that should be easier to adapt to your needs.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
Timoke62 wrote:

Sorry I was just being lazy posting a 97 tree. I posted a L90 tree that should be easier to adapt to your needs.

Cheeres, exactly what I was looking for.
Looking for right gear to play this efficient and really fun-to-play build? Then you should check my http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1122007 thread. Full gear easily available at once and also for reasonable price!

PM me if you got interested
IGN ZAP_HO

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info