Will you cry when crit gets nerfed?

"
SkytheOwn wrote:
In a game like this, if you have the "Best" gear, then the final boss should be trivial. If I have to grind and spend 500+ hours to just barely be able to kill the final boss, Fuck that. Nerfing content usually isn't the answer, buffing other things that can't compete is. Especially if there's a shitload of content being added in the future, which will probably get harder and harder as it progresses.
merciless dominus is super trivial with the best gear. he is the final boss. Anything in maps or atziri is extra content so you don't die of boredom running dom 24/7 while they're making new acts.
"
"
Freeslana wrote:
I'll just play SRS, who cares?

In the next episode of POE Z Crit is now nerfed to the constant whining of jelly people and balaence people therefor the two parties have now formed the

Anti SRS group to try and get it nurfed to the ground

Join us next time on PATH OF EXILE Z

But how many episodes does it take to charge the nerf gun?
"
Axarion wrote:
"
"
Freeslana wrote:
I'll just play SRS, who cares?

In the next episode of POE Z Crit is now nerfed to the constant whining of jelly people and balaence people therefor the two parties have now formed the

Anti SRS group to try and get it nurfed to the ground

Join us next time on PATH OF EXILE Z

But how many episodes does it take to charge the nerf gun?

Couple of episodes got to do the giant nurf ball takes energy
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
SkytheOwn wrote:
In a game like this, if you have the "Best" gear, then the final boss should be trivial. If I have to grind and spend 500+ hours to just barely be able to kill the final boss, Fuck that. Nerfing content usually isn't the answer, buffing other things that can't compete is. Especially if there's a shitload of content being added in the future, which will probably get harder and harder as it progresses.

Nerfing often is the answer, actually.

Outliers are what need adjusting. Too much above the norm should be trimmed back. Too far below the norm should be buffed. The typical problem with balance is that companies are prone to doing the former while ignoring the latter. The reason why nerfs are good is because it is the safest and easiest route from the design side, and also the one that will be most likely to result in better overall balance.

The designers have an ideal, like that a character should have X amount of power. They design content around that. If they buff everyone up because something exceeds that ideal, then that typically means a lot more work for them, as well as a greater chance that something else will get broken in the process, leading to the entire thing needing to be done again.

Furthermore, if they just mostly ignore the overpowered build, don't change either it or other things, then players will feel they have to play that build, because it is so much better. And others will ask for "hard" content, which means new content that is supposed to be hard will have to be designed with that build in mind, else it is trivial. And that hoses every other build.

Note that doesn't mean you can't have it easier due to 500 hours of farming for gear... with that much, you should have it easier. But it is a matter of how much easier.

But anyway, the short version, something that is too powerful should be nerfed just like something that is underpowered should be buffed. Neither is powered right. Both should be fixed.
from what i have seen in the past ggg nerfs/buffs things like +50% and thats just laughtable.
plz dont tell me blizz or other companies are doing it by this amount..it should be like 20%>10%>5%... not bringing out a completly new game every single league and destroying all popular builds.
and if they would nerf the cap of critchance for example, then they also would need to nerf all passive crit nodes as well cause im gonna be able to stack shitloads of hp/es. and the critchance on weapons wouldnt be much important as well cause you would just need a fast weapon and be capped anyway.
thats what i would call imba.
plz make me quit ggg like 95% of my buddies. im sick of this crap every league.
Will smile if or if not, and still the game gonnal be ez ;)

Stupid thread btw, but i had to,...
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
The problem is : They are crying now
Last edited by Tom1989 on Nov 19, 2014, 11:59:31 PM
Adapt and overcome or perish with the rest...there is no crying in wraeclast.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info