Will you cry when crit gets nerfed?

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
even with the best gear in the universe you should not be one shoting content that is supposedly purpose build to provide challenge to ultra end game builds.

I disagree with this. The game should not be balanced around the 1% in standard league. If they faceroll everything with mirrored BiS gear, let them. The content that could be problematic (uber) is gated by fragments anyway.

The endgame should be balanced around ~5-50 ex builds (temp league prices), with power creeps in mind etc. imo. But before I_NO agrees with me: If those BiS gear builds get collateral damage in the process, let it be. Not balancing around them goes both ways.

e:
"
Seems to me because you don't have the gear the person has you want to drag him to your level meaning medicore / average player gear lol

In other terms pure jealousy.

Aka I can't do uber therefor the person shouldn't be able to do either
Aka I can't kill bosses very fast because I have average gear / don't have Axn ventor's mirrored gear

Probably never will hence your frustration of wanting things nerfed to the very soil.

And this is by far the dumbest "argument" (in reality it's just ad hominem flaming) in all balance discussions.
Last edited by Sa_Re on Nov 17, 2014, 12:12:52 PM
"
Sa_Re wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
even with the best gear in the universe you should not be one shoting content that is supposedly purpose build to provide challenge to ultra end game builds.

I disagree with this. The game should not be balanced around the 1% in standard league. If they faceroll everything with mirrored BiS gear, let them. The content that could be problematic (uber) is gated by fragments anyway.

The endgame should be balanced around ~5-50 ex builds (temp league prices), with power creeps in mind etc. imo. But before I_NO agrees with me: If those BiS gear builds get collateral damage in the process, let it be. Not balancing around it goes both ways.

Yeah example fine I'll link a couple

Then my entire shatter chuck gear which is around 400-500 ex

Glyph mark which is 280 ex

Yeah dam right ANYONE with this type of gear should be and deserves to mow anything down in a fucking heartbeat.

I also had one of the best gear in rampage but I liquidated it lol I didn't 1 shot uber aztiri but bitch died at the same rate as any other average user can do an uber in terms of rampage.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 17, 2014, 1:04:54 PM
Shouldn't crits be considered an extension on damage not a Vs like Armour is to life.
"
Kavlor wrote:
Shouldn't crits be considered an extension on damage not a Vs like Armour is to life.

I don't know-- should it?

I think that's a question worth a dev response, or, possibly a manifesto. The intent of crit is rather important.

Is it meant to just be the way you scale your damage? If so, then damage clearly can be scaled too high without consequence.

Is it meant to be a separate mechanic and gameplay style? If so, then it hasn't done it's job. The ability to crit 95% of the time (hell, even 50% of the time) does not fit the theme of a lucky, critical blow.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Phrazz wrote:
This community is kind of sad at times...

"Casuals"
"If I can't afford crit builds, no one should be able to". Sad.

"Hard core players"
"If I can't be able to face roll everything with a clearly OP build, this game is shit". Sad.

Some people cry and cry and cry about how easy this game is, but when it's time to nerf something, that will make the game more challenging, they cry like babies. Sad.

A build that one/two/three shots some of the hardest bosses in game is OP, no matter how HARD it is to abtain the gear. If you can't handle not face rolling everything like this, you should think a little.

Yeah very true.

And most people using a succesful build and is facerolling content has copied it exactly from a build someone posted or streamed. Those are the people who crt hardest when their build is threatened to be nerfed. The maybe 1% that come up with a unique build adopts and find new ways (and then thir builds get copied by everyone else and all are happy again).

If people want something that is more challenging, try not use a FOTM build. Try to make it work.

That said, I would say that in most cases critical is much better than non-critical. It also feels it is a bit mandatory to pick up as many "reduced mana" (aura/buff) SP. Almost every build benefits from using auras/heralds.
do you remember path of...
life, es, st, dual spark, elemental etc?

path of crit would be another epic history of poe
Last edited by GodKas on Nov 18, 2014, 7:20:46 PM
In a game like this, if you have the "Best" gear, then the final boss should be trivial. If I have to grind and spend 500+ hours to just barely be able to kill the final boss, Fuck that. Nerfing content usually isn't the answer, buffing other things that can't compete is. Especially if there's a shitload of content being added in the future, which will probably get harder and harder as it progresses.
Last edited by SkytheOwn on Nov 18, 2014, 4:01:37 PM
I'll just play SRS, who cares?
Old april 2012 account got stolen
"
Freeslana wrote:
I'll just play SRS, who cares?

In the next episode of POE Z Crit is now nerfed to the constant whining of jelly people and balaence people therefor the two parties have now formed the

Anti SRS group to try and get it nurfed to the ground

Join us next time on PATH OF EXILE Z

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
nah they d9nt nurf op but popular to force diversity. srs is boring as fuck so itll never get nurfed lol
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info