Willing to bet that instead of nerfing Crit GGG is going to introduce Crit immune mobs

"
"
Mr_Mustasch wrote:
Introduce a monster suffix/prefix that makes monsters immune to leech. I am surprised this does not already exist. A blue pack with this stat coupled with a rare with reflect - bye bye Crit-based char!

Why would this be bye-bye for the crit-based character?

It would be bye-bye as well to any 2h RT Melee build.

Good thinking bro!
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
This would disapointing me, why they dont nerf shit like "loath bane" ?
They should nerf the rich becouse they are OP, eaven if my char is build on crit, im far away to be op.
The peopels who got insane dagger, shavarones and al type of mirored items - they are op...
And they would be op eaven if they nerf crit...
Peopels who wil realy get nerfed by this would be those, who finaly are abel to make some dmg with a crit, the OP players make more dmg than me on a crit by dont eaven deal a critical strike....
"
StereoOtter wrote:
This would disapointing me, why they dont nerf shit like "loath bane" ?
They should nerf the rich becouse they are OP, eaven if my char is build on crit, im far away to be op.
The peopels who got insane dagger, shavarones and al type of mirored items - they are op...
And they would be op eaven if they nerf crit...
Peopels who wil realy get nerfed by this would be those, who finaly are abel to make some dmg with a crit, the OP players make more dmg than me on a crit by dont eaven deal a critical strike....

yeah, screw those rich guys!

we should just all gather round a campfire, eat some granola and share the exalts around equally amirite?
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Crit-immune mobs actually isn't a terrible idea for a monster affix.....
Last edited by TheKillerNacho on Nov 14, 2014, 2:30:40 PM
Immunities are always bad in H'n'S games if there is no possible counter imo.
"
Sa_Re wrote:
Immunities are always bad in H'n'S games if there is no possible counter imo.

I've played H'n'S games with...

Monsters disabling your skills for 5 seconds (when your normal attack was 1:100000 to your skill), meet 2+ of them, and you were perma-disabled.
Monsters stunning for 3-5 seconds with inbound oneshot attacks
Monsters being immune to certain damage (when it was likely you focussed on this damage)
Monsters preventing you from moving, attacking, casting.
Monsters running around like crazy, actively avoiding melee contact.
Monsters reflecting 100% damage (in a game with ratios like 10k DpS, 4k life as standard)

Didn't hurt the overall gameplay experience.

It's called "challenge".
And as always, you need not even beat the challenge, you can simply bypass it.

PoE is a very harmless game when it comes to "punishing players".
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Nov 14, 2014, 2:54:18 PM
It's not a terrible idea, though I hate immunities. I'd rather see something like damage reduction from crits... or, if we wanna get evil...

crits reflect 10% more damage
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
I don't care - as long as I can crit the mobs first :P ^^

Spoiler
No, there won't be any crit immune mobs, because end-game is not exposed. New players already need a few months to even dare to open the first dropped map (thanks to doom-forums). The majority of players is satisfied and there won't be any changes, until there is a majority who wants it. I can't detect it. And also GGG very probably doesn't do it.
I think crit immunity is fine for an idea, although depending on their rarity, might not be much of a nerf, just another obstacle of RNG...Even w/o a crit, many crit builds still have plenty of scaling without it, obviously be more punishing in the way it's not dying instantly like normal, but it's still possible to do so..

Crit immunity? I'm still rolling a crit char
Last edited by Malum95 on Nov 14, 2014, 6:51:15 PM
Since when do you have to be rich to go crit? Mathil even advertises his puncture build as super cheap 3ex atziri/uber viable. Naw cheap will do just fine. Most ppl realize that and are all going crit killing diversity.

Nerf is one tool in toolbox they got to deal with it. They could buff other stuff but lets face it monster are a joke even with non crit builds...SRS...4L lifespring atziri incinerate..and so on. So I hope they do go there.

My prefence would be, no nerfs, but monster get 10x HP and do twice damage to deal with all the powercreep but I know many will cry like they did in Orginal inferno D3. Also monster enrage to deal with max blockers and over max resisters also IMBA as hell mechanics. If you don't kill fast enough they enrage and ignore half your block and half your resists.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 14, 2014, 7:12:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info