Build of the Week Season 3 Episode 11: Lightning Tendrils Crit Scion

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
This week's unique item that we found while filming was Redbeak. Sadly the surrounding gameplay didn't make the cut.

Who knows, maybe after 200 seasons of BOTW you will find a useful unique...
To those who keep pining for overpowered, game-breakingly awesome builds on BoTW: go watch a streamer.

I'm happy with this being more of a learning resource for newer players, or just a creative outlet for crazy stuff.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
don't know why for some BOTW they do 78 maps, then others they do 69 maps.

How are they supposed to be comparable?

I understand that the build character might not be leveled to 90 and have lvl 20 gems, but the difference between 69 maps and 78 maps is like playing different games. How are players going to guage what will scale well into end game, and what will tail off?
IGN - Kinespear
"
k19 wrote:
How are players going to guage what will scale well into end game, and what will tail off?

I don't see why BoTW has to be measured by "does it do 78 maps?" Hell, wasn't a suicide build featured not too long ago?

One way a new player could guage whether or not a build is endgame viable is to try different builds and modify them as needed. You know, a process of trial and error.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
k19 wrote:

I understand that the build character might not be leveled to 90 and have lvl 20 gems, but the difference between 69 maps and 78 maps is like playing different games. How are players going to guage what will scale well into end game, and what will tail off?

This build can do 78 maps. It has killed atziri.

Courtyard and atziri kill vid is on the build page. At the time tendrils were level 18. Just the other day they hit 19 giving a large dps boost.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Nothing against the build nor the author but.. what is exactly new about tbis build? It is the standard now: crit crit crit crit and more on crit

Pretty much any LT Build is going to look the same. This game is pigeonholed into crit crit and more goodies on crit

Replace lightning tendrils with any other spell and wow.. we now have working any other build. Heck, ive made an effective self cast spark by simply using crit and spell echo.

Diversity is an illusion exile
how about a build that does not need atziri's item to be effective.
i'll never see some good build with 4 link armour.anyone can make good build with 6 linked armour.
just watched the video and it looks very underwhelming to me, the damage seems also to be kinda meh.
- Best Signature Ever -
"
k19 wrote:

I did film a Courtyard run with this character (as well as a few other maps we didn't end up using) and it went well. We typically end up with a lot of footage with these builds that doesn't make it into the final video for whatever reason.

In this case the Courtyard footage wasn't as well paced as what we did use. The build still killed mobs quickly, but there weren't as many of them lining up in a row to be mowed down in sequence as there were in Colonnade or Acton's Nightmare. The result was a shortage of minute-long segments of combat that didn't also include noticeable stretches of running around trying to find more enemies.

Thanks for the feedback though!
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info