Build of the Week Season 3 Episode 11: Lightning Tendrils Crit Scion

They've got bills to pay and Act4 production to feed so get over it and support it. You'd do whatever it takes to push your F2P game out there too.

The build itself is as disappointing as that ice spear freeze one we've seen here a while ago.
I'd rather see that dual divinarius three dragons one to showcase a power of tendrils.
Path Of Exile Community Highlights
youtube.com/mireklefou
good and funny build. I like gamespot, it is better than shitty youtube from google -.-
"
mireklefou wrote:
They've got bills to pay and Act4 production to feed so get over it and support it. You'd do whatever it takes to push your F2P game out there too.

The build itself is as disappointing as that ice spear freeze one we've seen here a while ago.
I'd rather see that dual divinarius three dragons one to showcase a power of tendrils.

Never thought of it this way, mkay, ill take one for the team once a week for POE gress
unoptimized tree / 10
there is lack of melee builds, there are some really nice melee builds around

vote for Skyforth Groundslammer!
"
Sa_Re wrote:
Sorry again for being so negative. I don't wanna poop on your build Madcow1120, it's just a poor BotW choice imo, esp. because this build would be slightly better as a witch.

Kudos for your mannered reply!

"
Madcow1120 wrote:
"
Sa_Re wrote:
Echo with tendrils is a no-go for me, esp. with a crit build. Tooltip DPS is not all.

From judging the courtyard vid in build thread, my LT build performs better, with a 5l.

Sorry for being negative here but a meh build with a 6l cloak is disappointing for me.

e: And why Scion? The buildmaker respecced but the build would be better as witch. No biggie but a bit disapointing for a BotW.

Ok. Why not echo?

Because it just raises tooltip DPS. From my experience, everything dies to a crit, with or without echo. So echo locks you in place longer but whites and most blues are dead anyway before the additional hits from echo occur. If you don't crit and have echo, it takes longer before you have the chance to do the next crit.

In groups the additional damage from echo matters, but you have to be quick as a melee to even hit stuff before the ranged crit monsters kill everything around you. Echo makes this more difficult.

"
Madcow1120 wrote:
I'm all for constructive criticism to help make this better for me and for everyone else. Also, I don't claim that this is the end all be all.

I posted my LT build in skill feedback: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1092969/page/7
It's not fully optimized and I changed a few small things since I posted it. No 20/20 gems, no 6l, etc.

The thing is, my build was cheaper than your armor alone and performs similar, maybe even better at mapping. Yours should vastly outperform mine at Atziri though. Not saying they should have chosen mine instead, I didn't even post a guide and it would be a poor choice for BotW. It's just when I compare our different approaches, I think that LT still has a lot more potential than we currently get out of it.

One thing to note is that removing echo (for me) changes my cast time (locked in place time) by 0.08 seconds. That's it. So, I get a fair amount increased dps at the cost of 0.08 additional seconds.

The expense of the build is noted in my build page that not all of the items are necessary, just optimal. Cloak I do find necessary for defense. I got lucky and 6linked it with 3 fuses when I was going for a 5link.

You have a nice take on the build. I don't have experience with CI so didn't go that route. Plus, I had to start from scion with a respec (time is an issue for me). Good job overall and wish you continued success.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
"
iamnotspock wrote:
STOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
USING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GAMESPOT !!!!!!!!!!!

just check them on GGG's YT channel
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
"
iamnotspock wrote:
STOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
USING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GAMESPOT !!!!!!!!!!!

just check them on GGG's YT channel

it isn't up on their YT channel yet, and it isn't on gamespots as far as i can see. i will however wait to view the episode until it is on their YT channel.

personally my computer is crap. downright crap. i can still play PoE (except strongboxes and any ground effects) but i literally cannot load gamespots website. even if i could, i don't want to, but i won't specifically come onto this thread and tell GGG to not use gamespot or whatever.

it is a good thing for GGG to have affiliations and media coverage, and i will respect it, but no, i will not support it by watching this video on gamespot. aside from this very post, i will quietly just wait patiently until i can view the video and i'll be happy with it either way
GGG They MESSED UP and said LIGHTING STRIKES was the build of the week, did not anyone notice this? LS is ANOTHER GEM!!!!!!! FIX IT PLEASE then tell them to hire me to do it right.....
"
symban wrote:
No offense to player, but what is special about that build? You can replace LT with any random skill and it will still work at least as good (if not better). It is a good functioning build, because it has access to 20/20 gems with 6L. Without them it would be subpar to most builds in forums.

But if I am missing out on some smart game mechanic used here pls do tell? Nothing I see in the build was new or innovative (unlike arcane archer build which was damn so smart)

Completely agree with this. This botw episode is considered a failure to me. Not because it's not an ok build, but because it's way too simple (i did have a comment above said the same thing). No special mechanics, no knowledge bombs, nothing special, This's basically just a crit caster build, which even a newbie after several days can come up with the same idea.

P/s: 1 vote for the Self sustained double herald (ice and thunder) build for Botw. Really nice mechanics he used. Even it's not an atziri build or have insane clear speed at high level maps, it is able to run high level maps in a very interesting way.
Need a purpose in life...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info