Vaal Fragment Changes in 1.2.4d

ok i agree vaal orbs are hard to find. Man i wasted so many vaal orb to get lvl 21 gem :'(
Please RNG give me a fishing rod !
"
because we designed the content to be an alternative end-game activity

You guys have to get over the "alternative end-game activity" and let the side areas spawn in maps. This would solve you fragment and vaal gem problem and instantly creat new content without actually creating new content. I suspect that some of those bosses would be very scary in a 70 plus map.
This is a good idea, that won't achieve anything in practice because Vaal Orbs are too rare to merit using liberally on maps.

All this change will achieve is to give people that have found a Cartographer's Box in a non-map area a reason to smile a little.

Now, if Vaal Orbs dropped at 60-160% of the rate Chaos Orbs drop, players might be able to use this. But why invest 6 or 7 Vaal Orbs and time and maps to get a fragment set (with some bad skill gems) when you could instead just trade those Orbs for most of what you need?
Le Toucan Will Return
Guys, "I don't like this, here's why" is not rage. That's something called a 'differing opinion,' sometimes those happen.

I think this is a good change, but I don't think it's enough, unless (As others have said) it comes with an increase in Vaal orb drops. Even then, I'm still not sold completely.

What I'd like to see is GGG's 'alternative endgame activity' become actual endgame activity. Farming frgaments isn't endgame, it's preparation grind - they already noted that it's tedious at best. If they added in a viable alternative to the map system that centered around getting to Atziri, perhaps that might fill the role they speak of. Right now, it's not an endgame alternative at all.

Let's see how this new corrupted map change affects things, maybe it's better than we think.
Yup.
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
"

You guys have to get over the "alternative end-game activity" and let the side areas spawn in maps. This would solve you fragment and vaal gem problem and instantly creat new content without actually creating new content. I suspect that some of those bosses would be very scary in a 70 plus map.

Exactly. You can set the spawn rate as low as you like, and you can sidestep the issue of creating new zone entrances by just making it a master-like NPC (retexture Grigor or something) who opens a portal.
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
"

This, this, a million times this.

I'm surprised the decision to separate Atziri and map content got past the first internal playtest.
Le Toucan Will Return
"
BARL wrote:
"
So many rage comment -_-

So, a difference of opinion is now called "rage"... Get some perspective bro.

Perhaps he wasnt referring to your comments, but rather those made in a rude or condescending tone.

Perspective bro.
Noblesse oblige
Chris:The problem is that as this process is bottlenecked by finding a lot of corrupted areas, the most effective ways to maximise Fragments per hour involve activities that are at best boring and at worst exploitative. We needed to find a more fun way to complete Fragment sets.

Kudos to GGG for realizing that their decision for bottlenecking the access to endgame content to mid-game zones was a bad decision.

Thumbs down for bad solution. Even if it was %100 drop of fragment from boss of corrupted map, it still would not be cost effective to waste vaal orbs for that, and with just a chance (knowing GGG it is not a high chance anyway) it is just a another meh addition.
MEH,
wtb vaal fragment for 1vaal
If you see this, docLeave
Good to see you thinking of the few GGG, seems to be your way of doing things.

Maybe if less people wanted item filtering you could get that happening. Unless of course you lack the know-how to make item filtering work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info