Vaal Fragment Changes in 1.2.4d

"
BARL wrote:
"
It was intentional that Vaal Fragments didn't drop in the existing end-game (or from bosses people already run like Piety or Dominus), because we designed the content to be an alternative end-game activity.

We didn't want to increase the spawn rate of Corrupted Areas (as we have to manage the amount of complex distractions that players run into while playing), and we didn't want to make Fragments drop from existing end-game activities that players already performed. We also wanted to tie the new way of getting Vaal Fragments into something Vaal-themed.

This was and remains a terrible design decision. You guys just aren't getting it. Have you read the hundreds and hundreds of feedback posts detailing why? Farming low level content was NEVER a good alternative to end game activity.

"
In update 1.2.4d, bosses of corrupted Maps have a high chance to drop a Vaal Fragment or Vaal Skill Gem. This change works extremely well in testing. It encourages people to play corrupted Maps which are a lot more random and fun due to their crazy eight mods or through being unidentified. It also makes the dual-boss Map mod a lot more exciting.

A small band-aid that does little to nothing to alleviate the poor design decision of having to farm LOW LEVEL CONTENT for access to END GAME ACTIVITIES.

Go back to the drawing board. Read the hundreds of feedback posts on this, because you guys are still lost on this one.

+1, best post yet....

Have to agree with the above posters. It doesn't make sense that Atziri, a boss much more difficult than nearly anything you can face in 75-78 maps, is gated behind an activity that occurs in a 68 zone. If you have an Atziri-capable character, you can already run the highest maps anyway. It's good that you're changing your stance here (though I'm skeptical as to whether this will pan out to be economically rational, especially in HC), but the whole concept of an "alternative end-game activity" didn't hold to begin with.
Last edited by Uvne on Nov 9, 2014, 11:21:16 PM
"
ropumar wrote:
This change will make no diference. People wont use their vaal orbs, not worth it.

People actually do use vaal orbs on maps now.

+1 for the change.
"
Uvne wrote:
Have to agree with the above two. It doesn't make sense that Atziri, a boss much more difficulty than nearly anything you can face in 75-78 maps, is gated behind an activity that occurs in a 68 zone. If you have an Atziri-capable character, you can already run the highest maps anyway. It's good that you're changing your stance here (though I'm skeptical as to whether this will pan out to be economically rational, especially in HC), but the whole concept of an "alternative end-game activity" didn't hold to begin with.

Increase Carto box spawn, Increase Vaal orb drop, Increase levels of maps dropped by carto boxes instead of low level.
I'll say it too - without boosting Vaal orb drops, the change is insignificant.
"
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Or you could do the same as D2 and give each Fragment an equal dropchance so players don't need 80 Atziri runs which are over 300 Corrupted zones to do Uber Atzire once.

And you still wonder why people call this game a MMORPG?-->Tiering behind drop chances!
"

+1
Sp00ky scary skeltal
Why cant we just add one more difficulty where the entire map is scaled to 78 all through out Wraeclast? That way we can farm high level areas in a place of our choosing for corrupted zones. For increased difficulty (Item quantity) we use end game maps modded with currency? Realistically i would like to kill a level 78 vaal oversoul or merivele. With out maps i dont feel like running Dom 24/7, or the catacombs.... Add a 4th difficulty. Normal,Cruel,Merciless and ??? Sacrificial????
"
BARL wrote:

Go back to the drawing board. Read the hundreds of feedback posts on this, because you guys are still lost on this one.

Not sure why you're so upset about it. Seems like anything GGG does will just get flamed one way or another. This essentially allows more fragments drop without the need to continuously grind for them non stop in Archive/Docks.

When the drop was nerfed (through more variations of area spawned) people whined, when they develop alternative way to get fragments, people whined too. You can't just expect to get something without working hard for it (e.g. want end game contents without farming..)
Halcyonne's Free Atziri Service - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1085240
Reyvateil_'s Rampage Shop - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1022403
Last edited by Rashoova on Nov 9, 2014, 11:40:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info