Vaal Fragment Changes in 1.2.4d

"
HeaT1 wrote:
"We added the ability to turn unwanted Fragments into new high-level corrupted areas, so that they could be rerolled until they turned into either a better fragment or a Vaal Skill Gem"

i must have missed the patch notes on this? how do you reroll vaal fragments themselves into a vaal gem? or does chris mean using the fragment to spawn a corrupted area is like a reroll because unwanted fragments now yield the possibility of a vaal gem / better fragment?

-HeaT

Yes, basically the 2nd (using a fragment to spawn an area can either give a different fragment or a vaal gem).

Found a carto box a few minutes ago (necropolis), got 24 corrupted maps out of it so when the patch is deployed will hopefully give a minimal idea of drops/boss!
cant wait to try this. only lvl 70 cant be too hard.

IGN: DabrixRN
Do maps with more than 1 boss (Bazaar for example) have a chance per boss, a chance from only one boss, or no chance to drop. I ran a twinned arcade (4 bosses) and not one dropped something vaal, which has been very inconsistent with about 50% drop rate in every other map. Bazaar's 3 bosses didn't drop anything for me either, so between those maps the drop rate has now fallen from 50% to 25% for me, do I assume its just that low or is there something else going on?
IGN: SirAwesomealot
League: Warbands
"
Tomanomanous wrote:
Do maps with more than 1 boss (Bazaar for example) have a chance per boss, a chance from only one boss, or no chance to drop. I ran a twinned arcade (4 bosses) and not one dropped something vaal, which has been very inconsistent with about 50% drop rate in every other map. Bazaar's 3 bosses didn't drop anything for me either, so between those maps the drop rate has now fallen from 50% to 25% for me, do I assume its just that low or is there something else going on?

Don't know, but I got a double drop by one of my twinned, then next gave nothing (had mirrored maps). At the moment 14 bosses, 7 frags (1 mid) and 2 gems... probably reasonable I guess! (except for a few horrific mods+bosses).

Updated: end of the 31 bosses, 16 frags (1 mid), 4 gems. Carto box seems generally worth it, its nice to make some decent use of lower maps! (although obviously has downsides for better maps if white etc...)
Last edited by Drakkon1 on Nov 13, 2014, 10:20:47 PM
wow awesome really, the slightest change can have such a big effect, thanks dev team
Make Vaal Orb recipe work the other way around. 7 Fragments and 1 Vaal skill gem.
Another failure update for vaal fragments, sad.. so sad :(
IGN = DeizeCoC, DeizeCi, DeizeNUTS
Midnight dropped. My map. PA. Someone else took it. Sucks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info