Vaal Fragment Changes in 1.2.4d

"
holocaustus wrote:
"

says hi.

It's still a ~350dps bow. Doesn't make it less powerful now that better alternatives are more feasible. Plus it's super cheap now.

No crit. Everyone wants crit. It will be viable after the nerf
:P
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
offtopic, harby base aspeed is 1.2 and lioneyes has 1.8 and as you see he is even using faster attacks fyi - he will crit as much as any other harby bow users..

poe end game is terrible -impossible to make constructive criticism- and yet another useless uptade for other part of game.
"
holocaustus wrote:
"

says hi.

It's still a ~350dps bow. Doesn't make it less powerful now that better alternatives are more feasible. Plus it's super cheap now.

Geradon was asserting that this game doesn't suffer from powercreep. Linking the bow was to show that this game certainly does suffer from powercreep because Lioneye's was once considered BIS to the point that even Chris himself had disdain for the bow & wanted it nerfed. Instead they 'nerfed' Lioneye's by powercreeping the game, upping the base damage & implicits on bows as well as making high crit more viable with reflect nerfing & CWDT+IC.

If you think POE doesn't have powercreep you haven't been paying attention.
"
"
holocaustus wrote:
"

says hi.

Geradon was asserting that this game doesn't suffer from powercreep. Linking the bow was to show that this game certainly does suffer from powercreep because Lioneye's was once considered BIS to the point that even Chris himself had disdain for the bow & wanted it nerfed. Instead they 'nerfed' Lioneye's by powercreeping the game, upping the base damage & implicits on bows as well as making high crit more viable with reflect nerfing & CWDT+IC.

Not really, Lioneye's Glare isn't good now because it makes it so you can't evade reflect damage.
"

Oh I don't deny that. It certainly does, and it should lest it become static and boring.

Just saying Lioneye's is still a top-end bow, better than many of the Harbs people try to craft, and cheaper at that.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Hope you plan to buff vaal orbs.

Already with vorici I must buy them all the time.

Now with maps gonna get them....

perhaps revert to before nerf?
Git R Dun!
Could you put cartographer boxes back in maps this patch please? 300+ maps since you obscenely over nerfed them and I've seen one. And that one stupid carto box decided to drop a whole 8 maps and all of them 6-10 levels under the map I rolled over an ex of currency on the box in. It shouldn't cost 1ex per 10 minutes to play in the 90s. You've chased away a lot of players making maps relevant to 90+ so painfully expensive and unfun to run. I know you want a good economy and the game to be hard, but putting every single possible activity relevant to 90+ players behind skyscraper scale paywalls is not reasonable.
"
holocaustus wrote:
"

says hi.

It's one of the many cases of obvious power creep, which was the only point Lethal made.
Casually casual.

"We added the ability to turn unwanted Fragments into new high-level corrupted areas, so that they could be rerolled until they turned into either a better fragment or a Vaal Skill Gem"

i must have missed the patch notes on this? how do you reroll vaal fragments themselves into a vaal gem? or does chris mean using the fragment to spawn a corrupted area is like a reroll because unwanted fragments now yield the possibility of a vaal gem / better fragment?

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
I still won't corrupt maps. Vaal orbs are way too expensive just for a chance for a vaal fragment that I then use to increase the iiq on the next map :/.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info