Vaal Fragment Changes in 1.2.4d

"
It was intentional that Vaal Fragments didn't drop in the existing end-game (or from bosses people already run like Piety or Dominus), because we designed the content to be an alternative end-game activity. If we had them drop while players were running regular maps then they'd merely stockpile them and occasionally get some free Atziri runs out of their existing play. We want players to have several options of how to spend their time.

Alternative? Actually you are asking to end-game-Atziri-runners to chose between fun (end-game content) and an extremely boring activity for a little bit of fun (farm fragments and do Atziri runs). Thx for the alternative. Since I play for fun there is no real choice. Anyway, I still do not understand: in order to have fun a player confront to content that is more and more hard during his progression. Why do you have to go back in content level to get to the hardest?

Pls revise you choice.
"
steveacab wrote:
This patch is totally nosense.

Do you know why all the people want to do Atziri? Because of the Uber-Atziri Frag.
And why all want Uber-Frag? Because of Acuity.

That's because GGG nerf all that you can see in this game and now almoast all make crit-build, but with crit build you die because reflect. Now you understand because all want Acuity and why there are so many Atziri runners.

Make drop Acuity at normal Atziri and problem solved.
With this patch you dont fix anything.

Acuity costed 70-80 ex a while ago. People filled stash tabs with Acuity. Now they sell for 200+ ex. This already made a lot of people uber rich and a lot of people angry.
You suggest that it should cost 5 ex now? Bye bye path of exile players.
And the damn thing still doesn't have a 3d art..
"
PsOfOs wrote:

So what happens now with this change? Nothing. I can't vaal 70s for a fragment (no exp).
I can't vaal 77's for fragments (can't play all mods)
Only people who already vaal maps (op people) can get this bonus and I don't think they really care about a fragment.
I don't understand how anyone from the pyramid you describe can make "profit" from this change. It will be like it never happened.

It's a slight improvement (but as I said, not a solution)

1.) I have a few chars that can do high maps, so even vaaling 78s is viable, as at least one of them will be able to run the map.

2.) vaaling (lower) maps that have multiple bosses + twinned (bazaar, museum)

3.) vaaling cartoboxes in lower areas

This bandaid wont threaten the trading pyramid, that's exactly the point GGG wants to keep. It still makes more sense to just buy frags from dedicated farmers.

All the other solutions porposed: maps spawining CZs, maps dropping frags but no midnight... threaten the trading pyramid.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Nov 10, 2014, 9:46:58 AM
all im seeing is a massive rise in vaal orbs.RIP Science
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
steveacab wrote:
This patch is totally nosense.

Do you know why all the people want to do Atziri? Because of the Uber-Atziri Frag.
And why all want Uber-Frag? Because of Acuity.

That's because GGG nerf all that you can see in this game and now almoast all make crit-build, but with crit build you die because reflect. Now you understand because all want Acuity and why there are so many Atziri runners.

Make drop Acuity at normal Atziri and problem solved.
With this patch you dont fix anything.

Acuity costed 70-80 ex a while ago. People filled stash tabs with Acuity. Now they sell for 200+ ex. This already made a lot of people uber rich and a lot of people angry.
You suggest that it should cost 5 ex now? Bye bye path of exile players.
And the damn thing still doesn't have a 3d art..

Yes.
Because you run Uber only for Acuity!
It's price rised from 50ex to 200ex now, so all want it.
Make drop Acuity at Atziri normal and the problem is solved.
No more Atziri runners, Uber will be just for fun.
Who care about uber-rich guys that have a tab of acuity, not my problem. Remember COE, 80 to 10ex now but there are still banana-throw build.
Not a bad idea but I won't be using any of my vaal orbs on maps for this. Swing and a miss :\
IGN: Pockey
Bad change unless orb drop rate is increased significantly.
"
iAreNubcake wrote:
10/10 would corrupt carto boxes.

cake here has a point.

Although 'tis an improvement to the Vaal Fragment system, this would have made more sense regarding previous Cartho boxes spawn and Vaal Orbs drop rate, and not as 'tis nowadays.

I don't quite get it; GGG decreasing the drop/spawn rate of these corrupted mechanics, just so it could later on try to improve/keep this Vaal Fragment system. 'Tis pretty much, cutting one branch of a tree just to watch the other ones grow, while the forest itself is what needs change. Doesn't make sense.

At least GGG's trying, thankful for that nevertheless.

Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
So, there are two types of people here:

1. I'm already vaaling maps/boxes, I will vaal maps, good change.
2. I'm not vaaling maps/boxes, I won't ever vaal maps, bad change.

Is there a single person
3. I'm not vaaling maps, I will vaal maps after this change, great change.
?

GGG gradually makes older content more accessible. High-level maps, exiles, uniques, 5-6-links, usable rares, rare and quality gems, Atziri, high level masters in near future. Small steps, small changes, but it adds up. They actually buff a lot more than nerf.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Nov 10, 2014, 11:05:32 AM
I can't wait for this patch!

I am 200% pleased with this upcoming changes (since I was one of those people suggesting this idea one month ago here).

I'm wondering why there is so much complain about it. I'm not speaking the truth but...

Vaal orb droprate:
I always have a constant amount of this orb sitting in my stash even if I'm using them on gems, low level uniques like Lyoneye's Paw, some maps for the IIQ and +1lvl. Sure this amount will decrease with this patch but it is not mandatory to use vaal on all maps. I'll will be more cautious on what I'm using them and will consider vaaled map as a nice plus. If you badly need vaal orbs trade for them instead of chaos and use them wisely. And the best thing is that you can vaal cartographer boxes!

Bad corrupted maps:
If I cannot play on this map:
1) My firends/guildmates will enjoy helping me as I will helping them.
2) I'll trade them for a vaal + map value to someone that can do them.
No point complaining on this matter.

Accuity
Do you need them for personal use or for trading them?
The number of people able to farm it on SC is increasing. Accuitys available on the market is also increasing and the price will drop aswell. You can get them @180 right now so it droped from 200 two weeks ago and will keep droping so be patient. Also what is the point playing a build if you cannot afford a mandatory item? Not to mention that "half" of people camplaining just want them for selling.

Last edited by Onepencilarmy on Nov 10, 2014, 11:08:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info