Moiraine: Life-based SRS specialized for uber

Spoiler
"
wiwigvn wrote:
"
Akris85 wrote:
What is wrong with this character? I have decent gear, but get murdered in regular atziri by the split phases.

I have died to the split phases like 4 times now, too many times to keep trying.

Level 18 purity of fire, ruby flasks put my resists at 89 or 90. I have almost 3900 HP and get destroyed. Then once I die to the split phases its all over, since I can't get a foothold against them again. Any advice would be appreciated.

You need more damage. Level your SRS gem to Lv20. More cast speed on gears, or more on passives. You need to spawn at least 20 skulls by the clone phase, the more the better. Use added fire in place of melee plash, or better yet, re-chrome it to use Minion Damage (but *much* more mana hungry). Pop vaal haste in clone phase, it's crucial to take down the clone as fast as possible. Offense is the only choice for this build unless you can get up to 5k life, you can just face tank the clone (only a few seconds but it's the difference between life and death).

Last but not least, you need to learn the rhythm of Atziri fight, once you get it, it's a breeze (but still dangerous). Dodge the flameblast if possible, unless you can tank it to kill the clones.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1215585

pretty much the same advice.
Thinking about SRS as my first character in the 1.4 softcore league.
From original post:
"
Scion is 1 pt more efficient for life-based SRS, start by taking the mana nodes. I prefer playing witch though, so I play witch.

Now, to the point, witch or scion.

Witch 6 points through Deep Wisdom
12 % increased maximum Energy Shield
34 + to maximum Energy Shield

55 % increased Mana Regeneration Rate
24 % increased maximum Mana
20 + to maximum Mana

52 Intelligence
14 Dex
14 Str

Scion 4 Points
20 % increased Mana Regeneration Rate

20 Intelligence
20 Dex
20 Str

So, for two points, the witch gets

35 % increased Mana Regeneration Rate
20 + to maximum Mana

20 Int
-6 Str
-6 Dex

Given the mana needs of arctic armor and hasted, vaal hasted SRS, looks to me like witch is the better start?

End game, yes, the witch is slightly better as you point out, but for leveling I found Scion much better due to much earlier access to 90% increased duration, life wheel, ele res, dex, int, str nodes. You can basically use SRS from lv4 for single target and from lv19 with MPlash for all purposes and still pretty tanky.
Last edited by wiwigvn on Mar 20, 2015, 4:07:40 PM
looking at your staff ...+1 gems and +2 to fire gems ... there is only 1 fire gem in it (SRS) and several support and several melee ... does SRS scale to the point that 2 levels to it, out performs 3 melee gems each getting 2 levels (6 gem levels)??
Last edited by Dressed2Kill on Apr 20, 2015, 9:10:01 AM
Giving this build a go on standard till everything is released and new 3 month starts gonna see if i can make it work for my starter build thanks ill for sure state my opinion :).
Had a really rough time running all the auras and keeping enough mana to cast SRS. Mana regen is still kinda poop until I get more mana regen on gear. Had to change the tree around a bit too, but so far I like it. 6k HP finally :D

Spoiler

If I could get a larger mana pool and more mana regen I would be extremely happy, but it's kind of difficult.
IGN: Sin
"
roddyriot wrote:
Thinking about SRS as my first character in the 1.4 softcore league.
From original post:
"
Scion is 1 pt more efficient for life-based SRS, start by taking the mana nodes. I prefer playing witch though, so I play witch.

Now, to the point, witch or scion.

Witch 6 points through Deep Wisdom

55 % increased Mana Regeneration Rate
20 + to maximum Mana

52 Intelligence
14 Dex
14 Str

Scion 4 Points
20 % increased Mana Regeneration Rate

20 Intelligence
20 Dex
20 Str

So, for two points, the witch gets

35 % increased Mana Regeneration Rate
20 + to maximum Mana

20 Int
-6 Str
-6 Dex

Given the mana needs of arctic armor and hasted, vaal hasted SRS, looks to me like witch is the better start?

I guess I came to that conclusion in 1.2 and never reconsidered for 1.3. You're right witch does seem better than scion, since we do need as much mana regen as we can get to support vaal haste.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
Had a really rough time running all the auras and keeping enough mana to cast SRS. Mana regen is still kinda poop until I get more mana regen on gear. Had to change the tree around a bit too, but so far I like it. 6k HP finally :D

Spoiler

If I could get a larger mana pool and more mana regen I would be extremely happy, but it's kind of difficult.

Probably because you have zero mana regen on gear.
Let's discuss 1.4/2.0!

I posted my take on the 1.4 jewels in OP.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on May 19, 2015, 2:30:06 AM
"
Potential Tree (scrap the voyage to RT if we can't stick the Selfless Leadership jewel there)

Where did you get the app for the new skill tree? I didn't think one was out yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info