I hate CB so much :/

"
Adser wrote:
"
_Elminister_ wrote:

I hope at some point in time, GGG takes a big look at this and rebalances the game in a way where people don't attack 20 times each second.

You would still need to rebalance CB for spells. My witch uses firestorm and a single cast can give me 10+ stacks of it.

how about you adapting your playstyle to game instead of GGG adapting their game to your playstyle?

you know, you can use single target skill, or trap, or totem, or flameblast or whatever.. right?

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:

how about you adapting your playstyle to game instead of GGG adapting their game to your playstyle?

you know, you can use single target skill, or trap, or totem, or flameblast or whatever.. right?

How about caring about balance so not everyone ends using the same skills? Its obvious I can change to another skill but that kinda kills the point of build diversity. Unlike reflect, there is no real way to counter CB (flask is useless if you are going to get a full charge after 1 attack), you can only use another skill.

By the way, I don't have problems with CB since I also use zombies, but I can see why its a badly designed ability. It punishes heavily a intrinsic characteristic of some spells while being almost a joke for others.
Had a Bear with CB the in a +damage map, he had a damage aura and extra damage. Died in around 0.5s or less, nearly impossible to even pot.

CB itself would be fine, but it's scaling with mods needs to be addressed.
Last edited by Axarion on Nov 6, 2014, 4:27:17 PM
I had 3 times 20 stacks before I was able to kill a CB mob today in a shipyard map (yeah yeah pathetic dps on my tank I know) but there was no problem at all. Plus my tank is a cycloner so he was moving all the time. Of course with only 1,5k life you have to react fast or just skip that mob. I don't like CB too but is it broken? NO!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Nov 6, 2014, 4:26:09 PM
"
Axarion wrote:
Had a Bear with CB the in a +damage map, he had a damage aura and extra damage. Died in around 0.5s or less, nearly impossible to even pot.

CB itself would be fine, but it's scaling with mods needs to be addressed.

That's actually the real issue with Corrupting Blood. Get it on a mob that has a naturally high basic damage (scales initially off of the basic melee attack or something like that...anyone with specifics please chime in here), and then add damage modifiers from a map and affixes on the rares, and it becomes an out-of-control train wreck. There needs to be some scaling issues with this particular mod looked at and tweaked around...DOESN'T NEED TO BE NERFED INTO THE GROUND...just adjusted a bit.
"
Adser wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:

How about caring about balance so not everyone ends using the same skills? Its obvious I can change to another skill but that kinda kills the point of build diversity. Unlike reflect, there is no real way to counter CB (flask is useless if you are going to get a full charge after 1 attack), you can only use another skill.

By the way, I don't have problems with CB since I also use zombies, but I can see why its a badly designed ability. It punishes heavily a intrinsic characteristic of some spells while being almost a joke for others.

first, would you show me where I say you have to use the same skills as everyone (btw, who do you mean "everyone"?)? You can choose from wide variety of options to counter CB

second, most of builds have a weakness. For some it is CB, for some reflect, some have problems with standalone bosses, some hate devoures (while others have 2-5% chance to recieve projectile hit from them), etc.. I have even seen people complaning about deadly teddy bears falling off the tree.. Is this not being the diversity you are talking about?

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Nov 6, 2014, 5:50:28 PM
Almost all of my builds carry at least one staunching flasks to overcome CB. I made my builds strong enough they can at least last 5 seconds from a full stack. Plenty of time to pop a staunching flask.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Nov 6, 2014, 6:01:19 PM
cb was a massive problem for me and accounted for about 80% of my deaths. Until I got a "stop bleeding" flask.
If you feel you cannot handle it, you can always precast a portal beside...
(Learned from early domi fights a.k.a anti-bleeding)
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
If you do 20 attacks per seconds and are coc specced, then you can spam a flask like this twice a second without much problem :

1500 HP is too low though, even for a coc build.
Last edited by Krayken on Nov 6, 2014, 9:26:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info