I hate CB so much :/

I think that CB becomes problematic when a combination of high attack speed + relatively low dps + relatively low life comes into play. Then yeah you probably need more than 1 staunching flask. Example i remember on my ele buzzsaw i was having troubles against high HP high res CB rares. Without crit i had a limited amount of flask useage and i needed quite a lot of attacks to actually finish the mob because of his high resistance/HP. Sometimes i would have to stop attacking, pop a flask, run away and kill other mobs to refill my flask, then come back to finish the CB rare. That was rarely required though because high HP mobs (such as the necros) + high resistance (which is usually achieved via high monster res + high res map mod) + CB is not a common combination.
I never have a problem with corrupted blood, even with 10 attacks per second. You first of all need some leech to counteract the first few seconds of stacking bleeding but then you just use a flask of staunching to remove the bleeding. I usually use the flask when the rare monster is dead or when I am on low life. Do not use the staunching flask unnecessarily often so that you don't have any charges left when you have a high stack of bleeding.

Like said above, if you have such low damage per hit hit and really high attack speed I can see that it is a problem but it should still be manageable with life flasks of staunching.
On my lightning ball witch i instantly know whenever a CB rare is in the group i attacked because i'm greeted with an instant 20 stacks.

I wish that CB decays faster the more stacks you have, that way fast small hitting builds dont get absolutly destroyed by CB. Theres usually no other alternative. Ive tried sending in only a few attacks and then waiting out the timer. Ive tried avoiding them but its not immediatly obvious whenever they're there. The only solution ive found is popping a catalyzed eternal flask and just tanking it.
"
KingSmizzy wrote:
On my lightning ball witch i instantly know whenever a CB rare is in the group i attacked because i'm greeted with an instant 20 stacks.

I wish that CB decays faster the more stacks you have, that way fast small hitting builds dont get absolutly destroyed by CB. Theres usually no other alternative. Ive tried sending in only a few attacks and then waiting out the timer. Ive tried avoiding them but its not immediatly obvious whenever they're there. The only solution ive found is popping a catalyzed eternal flask and just tanking it.

You need another skill for backup. You have lots of alternatives!
"
Zoroch wrote:
... I could swear they lowered the damage as I hardly seem to feel it even with 20 stacks. Anybody else noticed this?

20 stacks really hurt my toon but I have the same feeling. Either they lowered the damage or we just became attuned to CB.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Don't be dissing on closed beta yo!

Spoiler
just wanna write something else then repeating for the 100th time

-bleed flask
-cwdt + ic
yada yada yada git gud
The end.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
CB is one of those extreme things. I think it's the way it is, as it's one of the few things that propose an actual threat (read: chance to die before leeching out of it) to some builds.

...On that note, it IS fairly insane when the right mods happen to meet.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
I´ve died to CB with my arcer, but never in a way i couldn´t react.

What´s fucked up in this game, is oneshot things. Like Dominus touch of god shit yday for me when im 2 lvls above and got 4k hp with cwdt. Shouldn´t be like that, you must have a chance to react imo if you got somewhat ok build. I mean, i couldn´t even be angry with the death, because it´s not my fault that they design a game that oneshot you. It can´t be like you need tons of experience for everything you do in the game.

I havn´t played this game for long, i love HC but with this game i can´t do HC because i don´t have the time to lvl a char and go oneshot or roll a fucked up Vagan instance.
Last edited by LucyLeave on Nov 11, 2014, 2:43:48 AM
love it when People say i got 4k hp so i shouldn't get oneshot..
It says alot about why they get one-shot..
Works as intended, I guess:
Insane, off-screen clearspeed => chance to nuke yourself. With the possibility to react, unlike reflect. So it seems OK to me.

It does cause regular adrenaline spikes on my char, but that is what we play for, innit?
May your maps be bountiful, exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info