PoE is Dying

"
Shows the leagues are pretty important.

Also impressive retention rate there. Especially for a game with about 10 hours of content looped three times, that's gone 2 years without an expansion. Kudos to G^3 for that achievement.

it is a lot more than 10x3 hours, if you aren't rushing through it.
clearing areas, doing all quests, breaking barrels, reading lore, talking to NPCs...

and then you need to multiply that across the literally hundreds of different kinds of characters you can play that content as. heck, I don't think I covered half the possibilities at this point, and GGG keep adding new gems and new build-enabling uniques.

expansions? well we did get Dominus, then Vaal Areas and Atziri, then Masters.
it's not like adding a whole new continent in your typical MMO, but it's better than nothing.

overall, I'd say this game has thousands of hours worth of playability and re-playability in it, which is impressive even for an ARPG.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
clearing areas, doing all quests, breaking barrels, reading lore, talking to NPCs...

Wait are you telling me you still read/listen to them after the first time?
"
symban wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:

you'd be surprised how many times lore and NPC speech changed from Beta till now.
and yes, even today I do try to do every quest (at least in Cruel and Merciless), and clear all monsters and barrels/rocks in areas, that aren't huge like Lunaris 3 or Fellshrine and/or don't have hidden monsters you need to trigger to appear (crabs/elementals anyone?).

also, Library is one of my favourite zones in the game.
it actually has "RNG on lore", so you get different books every couple of times.
which btw, supports my claim that RNG can actually be - and is - a good thing, if you aren't going overkill with it and shoving it into all possible places.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Nov 26, 2014, 2:43:44 AM
"
LaHh wrote:
Just means that rampage and beyond was a bust

I am really happy that ''beyond'' is over. It was annoying.
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
symban wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:

you'd be surprised how many times lore and NPC speech changed from Beta till now.

I am not surprised because I have been here since beta as well. And any change to NPC dialog/lore has been announced on either patch notes or its announcements so no point in listening to them more than once after a big patch which isnt any often than several months at least.

So yeah, I still am surprised that you still listen to them at all.
Yup,boring leagues and poor optimization that they never give a fuk about turns player away from the game.
I did not expect such a thread from you, SL4Y3R. You know better than this.

And I don't play through Steam.
Another quality ZAP! post.
Damn, it took a while for this thread to pop up again. ROLL THAT SHIT BOYS!
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
I wonder why there is no mention of the fact that most POE players are not playing through Steam.
Game ded though
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
Yep it's dead, and still dying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info