PoE is Dying

Water is wet. It's still getting wet.

Sorry, I just wanted to say something stupid too.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Ded? Never. Reduced to a slow sludge with Rampage/Beyond and Season 9? Absolutely.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I'm both surprised and saddened my *obvious* troll thread made it this far.

Come on guys.... I linked an incredibly short time on the graph.
Has nothing to do with your graph and everything to do with what I personally witness in game. I mean, end of league luls are typical but this one feels especially barren.
If GGG has enough money to give us new mini xpacs every 3-4 months I dont give a flying f*ck how many players are online to be honest. Why do you guys even care? Play the game because of yourself,not because its popular.
That is rather short sighted. As a F2P model that relies solely on Cosmetic MTXs to sustain itself, player numbers play a part in that. Mini xpacs every 3-4 months are great but GGG needs to keep the $$$ flowing in. I get what you're trying to say but its in all of our best interests if the game keeps a healthy player base.
Huh. When SL4Y3R thinks the game is dying, maybe it really is.
Last edited by PolarisOrbit on Nov 26, 2014, 4:36:18 PM
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
Huh. When SL4Y3R thinks the game is dying, maybe it really is.

Reading between the lines is not one of your strengths.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
lol, this thread tho

"
TheWretch wrote:
Has nothing to do with your graph and everything to do with what I personally witness in game. I mean, end of league luls are typical but this one feels especially barren.

It does seem barren atm. I think combo of things, a lot of it is people finally saying ok, Ive been playing this game non stop for 2 years, time to use down time in the game to actually have a break for once rather than just plowing on 24/7 for the rest of my life.

Personally I felt like Rampage started to die about 2 weeks in, thats when my guild and friends list started to go afk for days on end the way I only saw 3 months into previous leagues. I dont think it was league length or desync or rampage mod or any of that other stuff that early in. I think the master crafting obliterated all the short term gear progression that keeps you moving along for the first month while shrinking the economy making long term gear progression even more painful to afford. Even in week 1 I had stupidly powerful gear, to the point where proper et/ex crafting was the only way to really get a significant upgrade, at the rate I was finding and trading for orbs it would have taken me 3 months to craft a single item. There was just nothing to play for, congrats, 2 weeks into the league, in order to experience any kind of progression you now have the option of grinding to lvl100 or saving 1000 exalts of currency to craft an item, in a league where finding a Kaoms heart nets you 9ex and windrippers are struggling to be sold for 7ex in trade chat.... right... afk see you in 3 months for the next league I guess. If I feel like blowing stuff up with stupidly powerful gear and facing virtually zero item/character progression I'll log in to standard league thanks, its not really what I was hoping for when I logged into a fresh temp league.
well done op. well done.
Hardcore is how we play ™

Best ladder ranking so far: OhSnapIsRerolling, rank 85 HC Nemesis League

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info