RT = Need a buff.

Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Ocylix wrote:
"
Xantaria wrote:
crit needs a nerf.

this
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Remove crit and RT :^)
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
Good luck getting them to buff that, they can't even fix simple shit like displaying the mission text to ALL party members in a master mission. Vote with your wallet!
Last edited by rampagingrabbit on Dec 1, 2014, 4:07:38 AM
A simple buff to damage on RT node like "50% more melee damage" would have alleviated some of "crit is OP" complaints. Currently there is simply no reason to go RT unless you are doing some niche build where critting can kill you or you use Romira.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Dec 1, 2014, 6:50:32 AM
"
Gottron wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
only builds that use RT in the endgame are ones that cannot really crit (RF, spectre summoners (if there are anymore of those), etc)

if youre spell based, no sense to go RT- you dont need accuracy
if youre attack based, crit will bump you endgame damage by so much its never really want RT unless you have really crappy gear. and I mean really crappy gear.

so yeah. RT was the flavor in OB before gear with crit became OP. now it doesnt make sense for builds that can crit with their skills.

Do not forget about the facebreaker builds (I know it is part of etc, but this is attack-based), especially using Frenzy, so I will not be able to crit to begin with.

Show the facebreaker builds that can affor at least 60k
the facebreaker builds fine for low lvl or when you dont have anything, even a chaos.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822139

Forum pvp
The biggest part which makes crit so effective, in my opinion, is how worthless accuracy really is in this game. Accuracy bonuses on gear is huge, and monster evasion is so low, you can get 70% hit rate easy with 0 investment in any dex nodes or accuracy nodes. Which then allows the player to focus more on other things like crit chance or multipliers which then brings in a massive boost to over all dps. Any serious player out to min-max their attack crit builds are not out to take accuracy nodes because they understand that it is absolutely unneeded in the current system.

Suggestion one: High Hit rate needs to be made a lot harder to reach as you progress through the game
Just an example: like how they made a soft cap on the stun threshold, I think something similar can be done with accuracy.

RT is just a node, when talking about RT, we should consider the fact that any build that doesn't need crit can take the build. Any buff to RT, in my opinion, should be designed for melees/builds that actually hit with a weapon. I was a big fan of the crushing blow mechanic in diablo 2 and I think something like it can be done in poe for melee attackers.

Suggestion two: Add a passive that allows the RT Melee Attacker To apply crushing blow based on Physical Damage Dealt.
Just an example: 1000-2000 physical melee attack damage range gives you a 5% chance to apply crushing blow.
2000-3000 gives you a 10% chance
3000-4000 gives you a 15% chance
4000-5000 gives you a 20% chance
5000-6000 gives you a 25% chance (capp)

Not only would this be a big benefit to melee attackers, it also evenly distributes the effect to that you can't abuse the mechanic by just merely getting IAS. Also it wouldn't be abuseable by other builds that can spec into RT because they don't need crit.

Please give feedback about my suggestions, I would like to know what you all think.
"
SIQI wrote:
The biggest part which makes crit so effective, in my opinion, is how worthless accuracy really is in this game.

The biggest part is the multiplicative scaling of damage in PoE.

When you play with RT and add gloves like this...

you most likely gain ~2k DpS lategame (over no-DpS gloves).

When you play with high crit chance and crit multi, those two stats (flat damage+attack speed) add ~10-20k DpS.
Because DpS is calculated multiplicatively, the absolute number differences start to go crazy.

Everything scales better, when scaled with crit.

Flat elemental damage on an aura? Cool story, better have crit to make it 5-10 times as good.
Want to Stun? Invest passives in stun (passives not invested in damage), or deal megahigh crit damage that stuns/freezes no matter what.

Etc.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Dec 1, 2014, 5:36:55 PM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
SIQI wrote:
The biggest part which makes crit so effective, in my opinion, is how worthless accuracy really is in this game.

The biggest part is the multiplicative scaling of damage in PoE.

When you play with RT and add gloves like this...

you most likely gain ~2k DpS lategame (over no-DpS gloves).

When you play with high crit chance and crit multi, those two stats (flat damage+attack speed) add ~10-20k DpS.
Because DpS is calculated multiplicatively, the absolute number differences start to go crazy.

Everything scales better, when scaled with crit.

Flat elemental damage on an aura? Cool story, better have crit to make it 5-10 times as good.
Want to Stun? Invest passives in stun (passives not invested in damage), or deal megahigh crit damage that stuns/freezes no matter what.

Etc.

Crits make 90 DPS dagger - 40k DPS with easy.
RT make 90 DPS dagger/mace/axe - 90 DPS.

Is it fair?
"
Fantoster wrote:

Crits make 90 DPS dagger - 40k DPS with easy.
RT make 90 DPS dagger/mace/axe - 90 DPS.

Is it fair?

The only unfair thing here is your blatant lie with numbers
Last edited by Sygnano on Dec 3, 2014, 3:28:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info