RT = Need a buff.

"
roguemjb wrote:
LOL no, it doesn't need a buff. With an RT build, you don't have to worry about 3 extra mods. You took the route to make the game simple as fuck. It's a pain in the ass as a crit sword build to find gear with accuracy, crit%, AND crit multi, in addition to the mods everyone wants. You want to take the easy route, 100% chance to hit and go tanky, then you're going to clear slower but safer. Deal.

1. RT -SUCKS- compared to crit, before nemesis i used RT a lot, nowadays, NEVER, because it sucks(compared to crit builds). Sure you can do high dps with decent gear and all that, but you can always do more with crit.

2. Taking crit is going the easy route and making the game simple as fuck, what is really hard, when you oneshot all white and blue monster, 2-3 shot rares, and kill bosses within few seconds?

3. Now with masters it is ridiculously easy to get any crit item, and getting crit chance + multi on gear is rather easy, dunno what game you are playing.

Found this in beyond, was no doubt what to do with it. Taking RT would not have saved this char from the death i got served with.

4. Taking RT does not automatically make you "tanky".......

5. As an example, i had 6k dps with mightflay (reave) in cruel, was the easiest shit i've EVER done and lvled with, thanks to crit.

6. You seem to twist it like RT makes it "easy", is that why most people are doing crit builds?

Personally i like RT, but compared to everything else in the game i would not cry for war if it got a -small- buff.
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
Last edited by Tian_Yihao on Nov 16, 2014, 6:48:01 PM
RT is easy to gear because you ignore 3 stats completly.
That makes the desired items very easy to get, both for selffound as for cheap poe.xyz.is purchases.

It's not "strong", it is "easy".

And it is still quite complicated to do an allout crit build with maxed block/spellblock.
RT can afford going the max block road, so it is also "safe to play".
Again good for poor players, or new players, or for the start of a league.

It cannot compete with crit once you have items, and you may call it a "noobtrap" or say "it sucks", but that doesn't make the point of roguemjb invalid. It is easy to gear.

And if you got the gear later, it's not overly complicated to take all these crit nodes surrounding RT and dropping it.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Nov 16, 2014, 9:36:05 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
iHaku wrote:
"
Xantaria wrote:
wrong. crit needs a nerf.

no. crit damage needs a nerf/be removed.
critchance by itself is ok. its fun to use and to use it properly and you have to drop other damage sources. but if you dont do any daamge without critting vs a million damage with 1 crit, then this isnt really fun :/
this

crit multiplier and crit % cannot create a balanced game, crit multiplier shouldnt even exist as a mod

Double this.
"
hobokiller21 wrote:
Anyone else think that RT need's a nice buff to help counter the massive amount of crit based builds ?

I for wouls love to see it have more added % dmg for it .

Bump this thread

RT must get big buff
only builds that use RT in the endgame are ones that cannot really crit (RF, spectre summoners (if there are anymore of those), etc)

if youre spell based, no sense to go RT- you dont need accuracy
if youre attack based, crit will bump you endgame damage by so much its never really want RT unless you have really crappy gear. and I mean really crappy gear.

so yeah. RT was the flavor in OB before gear with crit became OP. now it doesnt make sense for builds that can crit with their skills.
"
grepman wrote:
only builds that use RT in the endgame are ones that cannot really crit (RF, spectre summoners (if there are anymore of those), etc)

if youre attack based, crit will bump you endgame damage by so much its never really want RT unless you have really crappy gear. and I mean really crappy gear.

so yeah. RT was the flavor in OB before gear with crit became OP. now it doesnt make sense for builds that can crit with their skills.

Do not forget about the facebreaker builds (I know it is part of etc, but this is attack-based), especially using Frenzy, so I will not be able to crit to begin with.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Nov 24, 2014, 9:34:44 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

Do not forget about the facebreaker builds (I know it is part of etc, but this is attack-based), especially using Frenzy, so I will not be able to crit to begin with.

Show the facebreaker builds that can affor at least 60k
the facebreaker builds fine for low lvl or when you dont have anything, even a chaos.
CROSS-LEAGUE TRADING: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1418564
Never missing is already a massively strong keystone.

Even suggesting that the negation of any form of accuracy needs a buff is just silly.
"
Gottron wrote:

Show the facebreaker builds that can affor at least 60k
the facebreaker builds fine for low lvl or when you dont have anything, even a chaos.

Yes, because I could not do well in lvl 75+ maps with 20k DPS (being sarcastic, but I do not have too much issue doing lvl 75+ maps). Out of all the builds, my Frenzybreaker build is the tankiest one, and I can still deal a good amount of damage, hell the build has the best clear time out of all my builds.

Edit: I used to be able to hit 60k DPS when I had blackgleam or that other unique phy quiver with added fire dmg gem instead of melee splash, but my clear time suffered as well with my defense.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Nov 24, 2014, 11:16:11 PM
I would personaly like to see life leech as an implict mod on all 2h weapons, so that they get 2 implict mods because ur not using a shield. More damage = more leech should be the idea behind 2h survival imo. (They also have slower attack speed anyways, meaning that life on hit is not so ideal.) Some "Leech with two handed weapons passives" would be nice too. The leech should Work with all dmg, not just phys. RT Means that this mod would constantly make you leech with any 2h weapon. The only thing I dislike about this idea is that it reminds u way too much of claws, and that it doesnt seem very "realistic" or "common sensed" to have this mod on 2h weapons. Overall I would just like to see 2 implict mods on 2h weapons, because it seems well deserved. One Unique to type of weapon and one for 2h overall. Shields get both block and a implict mod (mostly, tho some of them are kinda useless for some builds.) One mod for the survival part of 2h Weapons = block on shields. Doesnt need to be alot because u have chosen to not use a shield anyways.

The "Reckless Abandon" node has sucked in PoE history like forever. This crap node (IMO most useless node in the game atm.) could possibly be reworked into the "leech with 2h weapons" node, since the name kinda makes sense for this, and because it is in a decent spot for all 2h classes. (Also fairly close to RT.) Make it a cluster with like 6 or so nodes close to the stun mastery nodes. Something like "0,33 percent life leech with 2h weapons and 5 phys dmg.", ending it with reckless abandon with something like "1,5 life leech with two handed weapons, 15 percent increased physical damage with 2h weapons, 5 percent increased attack speed with 2h weapons". Maybe my numbers are a bit too high. That is like 3,15 percent life leech total along with some damage. (40 PD 5 IAS) I see no future for the reckless abandon node unless it offers something Unique like this. Might aswell remove it from the game in 1,3 like the "Slice and Dice" axe node near ranger was in 1,2.

Just in case you dont know the node: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Reckless_Abandon

The Picture with the dude smashing someone with 2H sword just screams: LIFE LEECH WITH 2H WEAPONS when I look at it. Doesnt look like a stun node at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info