Underrate Uniques

"
ChaosAscended wrote:
"
Deredeo wrote:
Seeing lots of uniques in the game, it makes me sad to see how some of them never will be useful, because people use the OP ones (Shav, Voidbat, COE, etc...)
So my question is: Which is yours underrate unique?
Here is mine:

Rarity: Unique

Don't understand how you can say Doon is underrated when it was the go to freezing pulse weapon for absolutely ages, it's just not as good as it used to be with crit being the new norm.

I really love Doon, with Meginord's Vise is a monster,and I prefer to use it before the Doryani's, but the crit mod of this item are more popular because the "critical fever". I hope they fix how works critical damage in the future, because is unbalanced.
"
ffogell wrote:

Love this helm on my EA char, i wish it had a skin , would look rad on my char :)

Im not sure if that ones so much under rated as just straight up forgotten. I agree though, its damn decent.
HAIL SATAN!
"
Tempada wrote:

I have a feeling this is going to have a role to play in upcoming metas.

I have a feeling that sword is extremly overrated.
Is there even one build in which this sword offers a significantly better outcome than a 350 pDpS sword or a crit/2.0attacks elemental rare?
I highly doubt.
It has very bland, boring stats, and its unique mechanic is nothing but a damage boost inferior to a local damage roll (when actually attacking) or inferior to other offhand weapons (when not attacking with it).

"

Oh, and there's this:

That's not "underrated".
Sells for quite a bit and is a wonderful unique to get into elemental wanding.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 30, 2014, 8:34:34 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
@klavor do you play ci with this? what do you do about taking twice spell dam which already stings extremly hard for normal builds let alone taking double? build link??

Not taking twice the damage if your manas not low,just avoid losing more than 65% for prolonged periods which is not hard with totems.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
I have a feeling that sword is extremly overrated.

How is it overrated? there aren't many people using it, and there are few people claiming it's better than the swords you mentioned. It is, however, a cheaper alternative that can give some nice dps (between 20 and 30k - I get over 31k dps with my Dual Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave build in a 5L, and that's without maxed gems and without Concentrated Effect), and it has a fun synergy with Queen of the Forest. It could have a more competitive potential in the future, depending on what other uniques get released and how the tree changes.

"
Sells for quite a bit and is a wonderful unique to get into elemental wanding.

You can get really nice Piscator's rolls in Standard for around 1 Ex; that hardly counts as expensive. Yes, it's amazing in an elemental wander build, and I guess you could argue that it's not underrated because it's a build enabler (since decent rare elemental wands are so hard to find and nobody bothers to craft them), but the unique has more potential than most people realize. It might become more popular as this build takes off. I guess there's Skyforth's build too, but the damage there is lacking and the added survivability isn't enough to make me want to Piscator's Power Siphon my way through the game since there are so many tankier builds with similar or higher dps.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Oct 30, 2014, 9:26:24 AM
"
Kavlor wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
@klavor do you play ci with this? what do you do about taking twice spell dam which already stings extremly hard for normal builds let alone taking double? build link??

Not taking twice the damage if your manas not low,just avoid losing more than 65% for prolonged periods which is not hard with totems.

or just go blood magic and then you never have to worry about low mana :P problem solved
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731

This thing makes gearing so much better its insane.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
I leveled with this until act 3 merciless people really do underestimate thousand ribbons.

Blood dance with CI, Zealot's Oath, the 1% life regen node near Zealot's Oath in the Templar area and the frenzy charge from bandits will give you 400 ES regen per second with all charges up if you got 8k ES which is easily achievable.

If you then spend a few more points to pick up another frenzy charge from the tree and the life regen nodes on the left side of the Scion area you can get another 464 ES regen per second with an ES pool of 8k. Add these together and you got 864 ES regenerated per second which is extremely powerful.
IGN: Noobslayer
d:-D*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info