Translation Preview (FR, DE, PT)

"
Lightshard wrote:
Translating Names is stupid.

+1

"
Lightshard wrote:
Spacialy the Community will Talk about Places/Names/Orbs in english so if you play in your Language then you allway: wtf? where is this? what u mean with "Crossroads"? I dont have this Area...

They should Stick to English names for Places/Orbs/NPC Names in generall, so even when someone start with a German Version, he know what/where is a "old member" is meaning.

I'bve read above that the client can 'convert' linked items into your configured language, but I also really doubt that this can handle regulary written text in chat. And I wont like a language-based 'separation' of the players base by this.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Are there plans for a Russian translation? There are thousands of Russians who know about the game but can't play due to poor English in the country.
IGN: Iworkeout
"
cutt wrote:
Are there plans for a Russian translation? There are thousands of Russians who know about the game but can't play due to poor English in the country.

Dont call me Racist, but every Game i played wich was filled with Russian Players, was a bad Exp.

Why? They Refuse to talk like everyone else in English. Even Bad/poor English is better then just dont try it.

So i hope, it dont happen.
"
Lightshard wrote:
"
cutt wrote:

Dont call me Racist, but every Game i played wich was filled with Russian Players, was a bad Exp.

Why? They Refuse to talk like everyone else in English. Even Bad/poor English is better then just dont try it.

So i hope, it dont happen.

If they managed to overcome this in WoW, which is much more social game than PoE, I don't thing it will be a problem to do something about the problem here.

Oh, and it's not really about the Russians. It's any country that has poor English language. People have to communicate, and it's completely normal that they are communicating in their native language. GGG should just add different language gates, I guess.

PS. Kinda funny reading your post criticizing Russians for bad English, yet yours is not really that better.
IGN: Iworkeout
Last edited by cutt on Oct 30, 2014, 5:08:38 AM
"
Hilbert wrote:
Given the suggestions I suspect something else Quebec french?

You use a restrictive clause, the object is still the witch(f) and the apposition is still socière(f).

"J'ai vue ce qu'elle avait fait."

Similar example:
"Troisièmement, en évitant l'excessive concentration d'objectifs que j'ai vue annoncée pour le Cinquième programmecadre."

Why you don't give up and just admit you were wrong in the first place ? You're just digging your own hole here.

1/ The object of "J'ai vu" is not "the witch/sorcière", it is "ce que tu as fait/what you did to". Just do like the little kids in french classes and ask the question "what(...) ?" : "What did Nessa saw ?" "Nessa (subject) saw (verb) what/ce que the witch did to Hillock (direct object)". The object is not feminine, it is "what/ce que", not "the witch", and it is placed AFTER the verb (j'ai vu (verb coming first) CE QUE (object coming second)) etc., so it doesn't agree in gender with the object anyway. The object could have been the witch (J'ai vu la sorcière etc.), you'd still be wrong. Now please stop.

2/ The other example you're giving is in NO WAY similar ! Here the direct object is both feminine AND placed before the verb using the auxiliary "avoir", so of course here the participle agrees in gender with the direct object. But it's the exact opposite case of Nessa sentence, nothing similar. In your second sentence the object of "j'ai vue" is "l'excessive concentration (...)". Once again, just do like the 9 years old kids in french classes : "What did I saw / Qu'est-ce que j'ai vu ?" : "I saw the excessive concentration/ J'ai vu la concentration excessive (object, feminine)". You're welcome.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Oct 30, 2014, 5:19:51 AM
"
Caliginosus wrote:
"

PS: Voidbearer absolutely must become "Leerbär"!

Haha, that sounds too funny. :D Has something of "Erklärbär".
But it's "bearer", not "bear". Which doesn't make it easier. "Leerenträger" sounds als stupid. But you can't go for "Leerenbeinhalter" either. :D You could maybe translate "bearer" into "Überbringer". But well, I guess that doesn't matter that much now.

Good job GGG, I guess with the help of the community you should easily get good translations.

'Leerenbringer' sounds good.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
As a French native speaker, I can tell you these translations are extremely well done. Congratulations to the translator.
I didn't see any mistake (and I'm quite good at seeing them, even in books or newspapers). Don't listen to those who say is should be spelled "j'ai vue", that's total bullshit. The "avoir" verb never agrees (is that the right translation for "accorder"?) unless under rare circumstances:
http://www.french-linguistics.co.uk/grammar/past_participle_agreements.shtml

Maybe it's different in Quebec (I don't think so) but in french from France, it's a basic rule.
Last edited by Rhalph on Oct 30, 2014, 5:41:44 AM
+1
yeah the french translation look really good.

Also it is a great news, to be honest i always enjoyed the game but i didn't put too much interest in the story because i couldn't understand all the dialogue. I hope it will bring a lot of new players who don't speak really well english.

How long can take a full translation like this?

And sorry hilbert but :

"
Hilbert wrote:

"
J'ai vue ce que tu as faite à Hillock, sorcière.

It is completely wrong, my english is not great but i can tell you,in french you don't spell this like that. the original translation from ggg is correct.

Edit : I found very little mistakes :

"
Rhys wrote:

Tarkleigh, on Lioneye's Watch"]L'Avant-poste de Lioneye… quelques vétérans forts et bien armés suffiraient à défendre les remparts de cette ruine. Mais qu'est-ce qu'on me donne ? Une poignée d'exilés affamés, équipés de gourdins en bois flotté et de poignards rouillés. Heureusement, il nous reste le point de téléportation. Une dalle de locomancie. Je n'ai pas pu l'utiliser avant d'en trouver une autre dans la Vasière sous un nid de rhoa. En marchant dessus, tu reviens ici en un éclair… évidemment, tu risques d'y laisser ton déjeuner.

locomancie in French doesn't seems to mean anything. i can imagine its a kind of magic but the word doesnt seem to exist in french.

"
Rhys wrote:

"Eramir, on the Fellshrine"]Le Sanctuaire déchu est un vestige de ce qu'il y eut un jour de bon à Wraeclast. Le sigil gravé dans les pierres ? C'est un occulus qui date de l'époque où les templiers défendaient de vraies valeurs. Pour les ancêtres d'Oriath, l'occulus était telle une torche vacillante dans la nuit. Une source d'inspiration et de réconfort. Le problème avec les torches, c'est qu'elles finissent toujours par s'éteindre.

If you say "un occulus" you say "tel une torche" not "telle une torche"

"
Rhys wrote:

Bestel, being poetic
Le Bestel que Tarkleigh a secouru un matin Était un homme dévasté, esclave du destin. Sans équipage et privé de barque, Bestel survit grâce à Tark… leigh

There is no need for an uppercase on this word, you say "était".

this is very minor mistakes , the translation is really really great.

Last edited by Honda777 on Oct 30, 2014, 6:32:02 AM
"
Honda777 wrote:
locomancie in French doesn't seems to mean anything. i can imagine its a kind of magic but the word doesnt seem to exist in french.

The word is probably a neologism but is easy enough to understand (loco prefix ~> to travel)

"
Honda777 wrote:
If you say "un occulus" you say "tel une torche" not "telle une torche"

Agree.

"
Honda777 wrote:

"
Rhys wrote:
Bestel, being poetic
Le Bestel que Tarkleigh a secouru un matin Était un homme dévasté, esclave du destin. Sans équipage et privé de barque, Bestel survit grâce à Tark… leigh

There is no need for an uppercase on this word, you say "était".

It's a poem, so there's a capital letter at the start of the "line":
"
Le Bestel que Tarkleigh a secouru un matin
Était un homme dévasté, esclave du destin.
Sans équipage et privé de barque,
Bestel survit grâce à Tark… leigh
Last edited by Rhalph on Oct 30, 2014, 6:39:08 AM
"
Caliginosus wrote:
"

PS: Voidbearer absolutely must become "Leerbär"!

Haha, that sounds too funny. :D Has something of "Erklärbär".
But it's "bearer", not "bear". Which doesn't make it easier. "Leerenträger" sounds als stupid. But you can't go for "Leerenbeinhalter" either. :D You could maybe translate "bearer" into "Überbringer". But well, I guess that doesn't matter that much now.

Good job GGG, I guess with the help of the community you should easily get good translations.

Aaaww, come on. Don't spoil everyone's fun. "Leerbär" would definitely the only reason I'd use a German localization. On the other hand "Slimy Bloodsucker" could be "Schleimiger Blutlutscher", while a "Drenched Miscreation" could be "Aufgeweichte, dumm gelaufene Kreation" or as I propose here "Labberiger Keks". That would be awesome, too.

Back to topic:

I agree that "angetan" seems to pity Hillock and that some sort of more formal way of addressing people should be used. It's fantasy! "Ihr / Eure" sounds more in line with the setting that "Sie / Ihre" imho. In general the translation sounds okay-ish. Seen worse in video games, polishing by native speakers (if your translators aren't) could be useful, though.
Last edited by biomuesli on Oct 30, 2014, 6:46:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info