Translation Preview (FR, DE, PT)

"
Rhys wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
When will we have a Spanish sample, Rhys?

We are currently pushing these languages first, but it will still be some time before they are ready. We would like to include more languages, including Spanish, but there is no concrete timeline yet.

"
Disrupted wrote:
Are the translations something you can set in options?

Yes, you will be able to change the language in the options if you prefer English or whatever.

Oh well. At least my english is decent.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
A couple of corrections in German:

"Ein durchnässter Schatten..." ("aufgeweicht" doesn't really fit to describe a person)

"Wir aus dem Exil haben keine Geschichte. Dominus hat sie uns in dem Moment entrissen..." ("sie" because Geschichte is feminine)

"Der Fellschrein ist ein Schatten von dem, was er einst im guten alten Wraeclast war." ("er" because Schrein is masculine)

Overall the translation is very good though.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Mini_Me wrote:
"
Onepencilarmy wrote:
Great job so far guys but I'm a little concerned about the french translation.
I think your way of translating suffers from a too straight translation. It is lacking some "old french" words, turn of phrase wich lead to a lack of past ages flavor. Your are missing a way to strengthen the medieval-ish/fantasy background. It is a too simplistic or a too common french.

The same goes for the german translation. Especially the use of the informal "du" as translation for "you" is absolutely unfitting in a fantasy game like poe.

For example:

Original Nessa, on meeting the Witch
Ich habe gesehen was du Hillock da draußen angetan hast, Hexe. Deine Schwarze Kunst ist der Grund, warum du hier im Exil bist. Sie ist es aber womöglich auch, die dich den nächsten Morgen erleben lässt. Ich bin Nessa. Ich schätze ich schulde dir Dank dafür, dass du uns von diesem grässlichen Riesen befreit hast. Damals in Oriath habe ich deine Artgenossen, ohne zu zögern, verurteilt. In Wraeclast habe ich diesen Luxus nicht.

sounds imo much better this way:

Altered Nessa, on meeting the Witch
Ich sah was Ihr da draußen mit Hillock gemacht habt, Hexe. Eure schwarze Magie ist der Grund, warum Ihr hier im Exil seid. Sie ist womöglich aber auch das Einzige, das Euch hier den nächsten Morgen erleben lässt. Ich bin Nessa und ich schätze ich schulde Euch Dank dafür, dass ihr uns von diesem grässlichen Monstrum befreit habt. In Oriath habe ich Euresgleichen ohne zu zögern verurteilt. Hier in Wraeclast ist mir dieser Luxus nicht vergönnt.

These are people in Exile, Criminals mostly. Do you think they give a shit about honorifics?

I think "du" is totally fine.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Oct 30, 2014, 3:41:42 AM
Sended you a PM Rhys, with a Correction for all German Textes with a explanation.

Let me know if you didnt got it, i saved it local.

Looking forward into a German Version, but i will stick to English anyways :)
Not to mention English has the same honorific that some fantasy games use to give themselves a faux-medieval tone. POE wisely avoided that; why would it start with it in the German translation?

PS: Voidbearer absolutely must become "Leerbär"!
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
Not to mention English has the same honorific that some fantasy games use to give themselves a faux-medieval tone. POE wisely avoided that; why would it start with it in the German translation?

Lol that sounds creepy. i guess it would become "Leeren Bär" or "Bär der Leere"

Nessa, on meeting the Witch
Ich habe gesehen was du Hillock da draußen angetan hast, Hexe. Deine Schwarze Kunst ist der Grund, warum du hier im Exil bist. Sie ist es aber womöglich auch, die dich den nächsten Morgen erleben lässt. Ich bin Nessa. Ich schätze ich schulde dir Dank dafür, dass du uns von diesem grässlichen Riesen befreit hast. Damals in Oriath habe ich deine Artgenossen, ohne zu zögern, verurteilt. In Wraeclast habe ich diesen Luxus nicht.

German_Me
Ich habe gesehen was du da draußen mit Hillock gemacht hast, Hexe. Deine Schwarze Magie ist der Grund, warum du hier im Exil bist. Sie ist aber wahrscheinlich auch, was dich den nächsten Morgen erleben lässt. Ich bin Nessa. Ich schätze ich schulde dir Dank dafür, dass du uns von diesem grässlichen Riesen befreit hast. Damals in Oriath habe ich deines gleichen ohne zu zögern verurteilt. In Wraeclast habe ich diesen Luxus nicht.

This is my take on the Witch meeting. I took one or two liberties in the translation.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Oct 30, 2014, 3:53:45 AM
"

Haha, that sounds too funny. :D Has something of "Erklärbär".
But it's "bearer", not "bear". Which doesn't make it easier. "Leerenträger" sounds also stupid. But you can't go for "Leerenbeinhalter" either. :D You could maybe translate "bearer" into "Überbringer". But well, I guess that doesn't matter that much now.

Good job GGG, I guess with the help of the community you should easily get good translations.
IGN: Scordalia_
Last edited by Caliginosus on Oct 30, 2014, 7:45:38 AM
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

German_Me
Ich habe gesehen was du da draußen mit Hillock gemacht hast, Hexe. Deine Schwarze Magie ist der Grund, warum du hier im Exil bist. Sie ist aber wahrscheinlich auch, was dich den nächsten Morgen erleben lässt. Ich bin Nessa. Ich schätze ich schulde dir Dank dafür, dass du uns von diesem grässlichen Riesen befreit hast. Damals in Oriath habe ich deines gleichen ohne zu zögern verurteilt. In Wraeclast habe ich diesen Luxus nicht.

This is my take on the Witch meeting. I took one or two liberties in the translation.

Better, now how about removing some of the "bloat" of the original translation?

German_Me
Ich habe gesehen was du da draußen mit Hillock gemacht hast, Hexe. Deine Schwarze Magie ist der Grund, warum du hier im Exil bist. Sie mag jedoch das Einzige sein, was dich den nächsten Morgen erleben lässt. Ich bin Nessa. Ich sollte Dir wohl danken, dass du uns von diesem grässlichen Riesen befreit hast. Damals in Oriath habe ich deinesgleichen ohne zu zögern verurteilt. In Wraeclast habe ich diesen Luxus nicht.

"
Caliginosus wrote:
"

Haha, that sounds too funny. :D Has something of "Erklärbär".
But it's "bearer", not "bear". Which doesn't make it easier. "Leerenträger" sounds als stupid. But you can't go for "Leerenbeinhalter" either. :D You could maybe translate "bearer" into "Überbringer". But well, I guess that doesn't matter that much now.

Good job GGG, I guess with the help of the community you should easily get good translations.

GGG should avoid to translate Names, in the Past WoW did this with Sturmwind and Eisenschmiede i quitt the German Client for ever and played only English without turning back.

Translating Names is stupid.

Spacialy the Community will Talk about Places/Names/Orbs in english so if you play in your Language then you allway: wtf? where is this? what u mean with "Crossroads"? I dont have this Area...

They should Stick to English names for Places/Orbs/NPC Names in generall, so even when someone start with a German Version, he know what/where is a "old member" is meaning.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info