[2.2]->[2.6] Pathfinder Budget / Lightning Arrow / 100% pierce / Crit / Infractem

The build looks solid -- but am I the only one missing bandit infos? :) Suggest adding a bandits section to first post.
added bandit info to the OP

Normal - Oak
Cruel - took phys dmg, but aspd is also a very good option. no 'bad' choice here
Merc - took passive, but if one wants to use Darkray Vector boots then Frenzy is the way to go.
I read your whole build. It is really impressive and I really would like to thank you for your contributions. Infractem + Thief's torment is definetely a very nice finding.

But I won't use this setup. Mainly it is because I dont care having fun. I want success and regular farming of Atziri and Uber Atziri. If you can update your build with some Atziri kill videos I will be very much interested in it. And believe me, if you put several Atziri kill videos, your build will draw much more attention.

Also thanks a lot for puncture + trap idea...
well.. i do not care about build popularity so if people are not using/seeing it - it does not concern me.

i'm pretty sure it can do Atziri. I've killed two vaals (that i consider the hardest part for this build) and had to quit due to phone call. did not try again as the whole Atziri stuff i boycott from day one (too many RNG layers, i oppose this stuff and did not want to participate in that experiment).

however it CANNOT 'farm' atziri - that is do this quickly without effort. there are Atziri/Uber farming builds - tailored for this very fight. This build is NOT one of these.

it is an experimental build created FOR ME, to prove to myself that i understand how this game works and to make a showcase of an AMAZINGLY well designed unique - Infractem - that I consider a masterpiece of design

Looks like a great build Sid the rat. One i have at the top of my to do list in torment.
Much appreciated.

Couldn't agree more with the rest of your points. Path of exile needs more uniques like infractem.

Also learnt something new today. That it is Minecraft Notch who created the bow. I had no idea.
Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 24, 2014, 12:33:35 AM
I'm a casual with little currency and your build looks intriguing. Currently leveling up a Ranger in Torment (at 45 now) and saving up the 15-20 Chaos for a Thief's Torment, hope the build will really get rolling around 55! Thanks a lot!
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
What changes does this need to make it Bloodlines viable? Even with the defenses and mobility, the build's life % is scary.
True for me as well - I'm only at 58 but I have taken almost all life nodes from the passive tree already (except the Written in Blood cluster which is rather weak). With decent life on almost all gear, I get a bit about 2.3k life. It's not going to increase that much more I think.

But it IS a fun and good build for a very low budget so far. Can't wait to get a Chin Sol though as tanky rares take a long time to kill now.

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
well.. the only answer i can give you without re-designing entire passive tree around life-hunt is 'Belly of the Beast'. ~40% free life

but this build (nor any other of my builds) is not HC viable/planned for HC. why? because POE is not mature enough technology-wise to treat it as a HC game (without resorting to actions i consider cheating - like relying on macros). too many BS things can and do happen and if i have to tank trough desync then i'm not interested in that. and logout-based-gameplay is pretty lame and aggravating in the long turn. not my kind of fun. thats bit sad because bloodlines looks like a good league.

this is not HC build. you wont die often (and with less cocky attitude than mine you might not die at all - you know, do not open rare boxes without ID'ing them first etc) but this build is not designed to facetank some random desync/freeze BS combo that POE CAN and WILL throw at you.
I've just started mapping in Torment with this build and it's really solid! The Puncture weapon switch is strong against bosses and 100% Pierce is a lot of fun with both Lightning Arrow and Curse on Hit. I've taken three nodes from Revenge of the Hunted for some additional life before moving towards Written in Blood as it's really needed. Damage is decent...I still like Vaal Burning Arrow (linked with Concentrated Effect + Weapon Elemental Damage + Physical Projectile Damage for over 6k damage) for Rares. My gear is nothing special but solid (except there's not a single 5L Infractem for sale in all of Torment), I'm thinking about getting an Atziri's Step for my boots since 46% spell damage avoidance looks strong.

Question: Is Trap really only for Reflect avoidance? Since it's only for bosses (who seldom are paired with Rares) can I take it out for non-reflect maps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info