[2.2]->[2.6] Pathfinder Budget / Lightning Arrow / 100% pierce / Crit / Infractem

I like this build a lot, might use it in the new league just because I've really grown to like LA.

Thanks for the guide!
Nice build, all I would change is dropping the 2 x 4% life / 8% Evasion nodes and picking up Heart of the Oak for the 1% life regeneration, 8% life and a chance to avoid being stunned.

Another thing you could test is removing a few mana nodes up near shadow and heading for the 12% reduced mana above ranger, which would actually net you more unreserved mana, assuming I calculated correctly.

670 mana currently with 30% increase from the tree with a 60% and 2 x 25% = 144 mana unreserved

555 mana if you changed the tree to only have 8% on the tree, but 12% reduced reservation should leave you with 174 mana.

What I found with The Thief's Torment is that having more unreserved mana is better than maximum mana, because you don't rely on regen and want to be able to shoot as many volleys of arrows as possible before running out, the mana gained is instant as long as you have enough shots out there to hit.

Possible changes:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wguAdHtgxmOAF7Tfu96JJ19decKYlr-ugqbeOv8xVb6Z6DdDWOnd9eHdluv3UZ_KznUSn0hdhGBMHzWinb3hs6NfVFHMfrBMyP2lQWNv6CfTZIIiQW1-uua8dQj6NaS811oMHEi6psmzerndF5FyqndqLEwm7UyAW1sS3i1CNpkGYqyGbVINj06QnGhj0_7Cc968-oGI-OEnarssPbaKgsfQQ5IYqxsjIwLGo9wUgMeY0MRlrl8Fr8HHiaVlS5h4vDVVUtJUYw25Rm0OPv1l5dFfNnGMpR_Aqbg
IGN: MrG.
Build Videos & Item Testing: www.youtube.com/user/MrGxyz/videos
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/mr_g__
I havent expected so much good feedback after this build collected dust for 2 months :)

as for the suggestions:

all 3-4 times ive died after lvl60 was due to being cocky and stupid with strongboxes.. this build is surprisingly durable due to.. movement speed. it is just so easy to run away. i was also experimenting with quartz flask and if i roll surgeons/adrenaline (is it possible on quartz at all? had no luck so far) ill probably replace quicksilver. slightly less movement speed but strongboxes hurt.. so the Heart of the Oak is not really needed as the stuns rarely ever happen (tried with cast on stun to check how often if procs. rarely.. very rarely). 30%ms boots are just crazy good/mandatory for this setup.

as for the mana:

for a normal map/50% regen mana is absolutely not a problem - current setup is perfectly fine (thanks to that flat mana from levels it gets better with time).

for a 'no regen' map it gets tight. i then carry a hybrid for emergencies unless reflect/-max when i simply have to take topaz. then, when on low mana i use my CoH setup (that costs like 10 mana or so) to replenish mana. i got used to it but i admit, it could be streamlined somehow.

what makes it manageable is my decision to AVOID faster attack gem and the fact that Infractem is a slow bow.

a note that slipped: INT requirements. i cannot level up my CoH and PCoC gems. i had a bad luck and i have just 15 INT on gear. make sure that at least one more piece (helmet?) has INT roll. also - any INT means more flat mana and that means less issues on no regen maps.
Hi sid.I just went and committed the ultimate heresy. I made a ranged character :p

Since I can't really afford to spend a lot of money on this one, I decided to go with your build. Already have the items and it's looking good. Since I'm making this for farming, what are your thoughts on MF?

Again, great build!
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Dec 12, 2014, 12:46:52 AM
any update for this build for 1.3?
will update in 1-2 days, bit busy now, but this build WILL get an update and soon
updated for 1.3 with slightly different tree (and THE same gear, no changes). tooltip dps went up a little, clear speed seems the same

notable difference - completely speced out of 'pure elemental' nodes. these got me in trouble - Herald of Ice got reflected.

I saw some new uniques that might be good for this build but.. no luck, no testing.

Blink Arrow - just slap it into free socket. No brainer choice and gem. I'm sure there will be builds centered around this pair of gems - this one isnt the case. Just use it as a movement skill.

"
Etherfire wrote:
Hi sid.I just went and committed the ultimate heresy. I made a ranged character :p

Since I can't really afford to spend a lot of money on this one, I decided to go with your build. Already have the items and it's looking good. Since I'm making this for farming, what are your thoughts on MF?

Again, great build!

im not into MF. i simply despise it :) but.. there is nothing stopping you from replacing my vaal burning arrow setup with something + cull + IIR. thats for starters

other than that there can be rarity on other pieces of gear but that would require:
a) INSANE pieces to cover the lack of resistances while wearing stuff like Goldwyrms
a1) quiver with lots of resists and damage to cover the other slots. seems improbable to find such item.
b) retooling the build to make place for Purity of elements. and that doesnt look easy.

but for the mid-map farm - just replace one of the gems in the bow with IIR.. i once did gorge speed run with one link empty and there was hardly a difference..

Last edited by sidtherat on Dec 14, 2014, 2:31:38 PM
Do you think its worth getting the 2 lightning dmg nodes and shock node?
Because i sort of already did it, i just thought why not get the extra lightning dmg and shock since we're using LA.

Just interested in why you didn't pick them up?

Also what do you think the most important nodes are that you should have at level 60?

Thanks!
Last edited by greekwog on Dec 16, 2014, 12:37:36 PM
"
greekwog wrote:
Do you think its worth getting the 2 lightning dmg nodes and shock node?
Because i sort of already did it, i just thought why not get the extra lightning dmg and shock since we're using LA.

Just interested in why you didn't pick them up?

Also what do you think the most important nodes are that you should have at level 60?

Thanks!

lvl ~60 (65 passives)

in general - cut the entire shadow area. or - do what some prefer - do the backbone (all the travel nodes, the life nodes and kyestones) first and then start filling with damage.

this with the assumption you have both infractem and thiefs torment. without the ring mana management is impossible.

as for the lightning damage nodes - crit gives you enough shock chance, there is absolutely no need for more. and damage nodes are less effective than attack speed nodes. but in general - you simply do not need more damage.. if i had to spend 3 nodes on damage - projectile nodes near Ranger are a good pick (these scale both phys and lightning + auras/heralds - lightning nodes scale only lightning)
Oh okay that makes sense i refunded those 3 nodes and went into phys.
You should add that lvl 60 tree into your OP it helps alot.

And yeah i got the gear needed, i started in the new league and i've got pretty luck and got the Drillneck drop and also a Carcass jack.

Thanks for the info

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info