[2.2]->[2.6] Pathfinder Budget / Lightning Arrow / 100% pierce / Crit / Infractem

if you are using Chin Sol then Trap is pretty much the best option anyway

Chin Sol gives you 100% MORE damage at close range. using trap gives you another ~40% MORE damage AND makes sure that the Chin Sol 'close range' requirement is fulfilled. This stacks with Point Blank for another MORE damage IF dealt at close range. Trap makes SURE that this is fulfilled.

So I think that Trap + PB + Chin Sol is pretty much a fixed combo that needs a SERIOUS reason to be separated.

If you are not into trap then id suggest going something like Crit Damage, PPAD, Additional Accuracy (for even more reliable crit). But that is not going to ever match damage output of Chin Sol + Point Blank + Trap combo.

As Puncture got heavily nerfed in 1.3 there is also an option to use Burning Arrow in its place - this allows Added Fire/WED options. But i like Puncture the most.
Bump for this awesome budget build! What kind of crit % do you get?

Also, I love LA to death, just cool looking, cool sounding, makes split seems so boring. Good to see it get some love.
Last edited by roguemjb on Jan 11, 2015, 12:28:01 PM
no charges - 42%
4 charges - 56%

could be better if i had more crit: no crit whatsoever on the amu and just 12% on the quiver

but it is enough
Thanks for the answer on Trap/Puncture, I somehow thought that I would still need to fire the trap from close range to trigger Chin Sol and Point Blank. Awesome that I now don't have to risk my life that way for it.

Still no 5-link Infractem in all of Torment to sell ;( and I don't feel like spending about 75 Chaos for Vorici for that item. Currently thinking whether a Carcass Jack is really necessary - it would replace

and drop my resistances a bit below 75% since I'm now wearing Atziri's Step for boots which give no resistances (but I love the additional spell dodge, plus I'm now moving at +59% movespeed ;)).
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Last edited by scrooge999 on Jan 12, 2015, 2:52:02 PM
resists HAVE TO be capped. there is a delicate balance between your damage and what Thiefs Torment can give you back (vs reflect). each % of resists below 75% and you are asking yourself for serious trouble. just dont.

Carcass is a luxury item. if you do not have one - do not spend on it. it will make your lightning arrow 'zaps' reach a bit further making taking out big packs easier (and wall-shotgunning rares easier) due to better overlap + AOE on Herald of Ice. but again - resists first, damage later

ive 5linked my bow with vorici - once one gets into the habit of farming alts/jewelers/fuses it is a matter of 1-2days of maps one does anyway. just pick all blue jewelry (small stash cost, lots of alt shards) and small rares and vendor away. if you are hard pressed for money go for 5 socket/5link. i did and while extra socket is nice (for blink arrow) it is not neccessary

hint: there are several resist nodes on the tree nearby. there is no shame in getting resists from the tree - in fact it is pretty damn good trade for stuff like AOE (that is very scarce) or any other unique perk
After doing a number of lower-level maps, I'm really liking this build. Big packs die fast, only nuisance are single monsters with high health as you don't get the overlap from hitting others so they take a long time to kill. Also, bosses surrounded by other mobs where you can't kite them (like Merveil) are sketchy because you need both Lightning Arrow for the mobs and Puncture for the boss and have to run around a lot until you can kill both of them.

This is also the first build with which I keep drops visible at all times because enemies get killed two or three screens across and I'd miss out on a lot of loot otherwise.

Closing in on those 150 Fusings - still hoping for someone actually selling the damn thing...

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
thanks for sharing this build!

i play it on bloodlines with this tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe037ven115wr-ugqbeOv8xVb6Z6DdDXfXh3Ys6Vuvfys51OOfytMhdjB81opv8nb3Sn0ZtIbOUUeNfaCfMfq-p8EzlQWNv-dUI_ZlTXXLCIn66wW1JP1Nkr026mKa8ZLz1CPo1v_eR35daF5FMHGbJs3q53TKqd2oMgFtbEt4shm1SDY9OkLPegYj8-rssJ2qH0EqC4wLYqxsjAMecFK5fBa__5MmlbCSYeJR2VVLjDbNmI1-tkFDMb_VU7sbyITvdO167wUtYEs=

its slightly more defensive.

it was super cheap i investet 16c for the ring and 1c for a perfeect infractem.
I yolo alched a white 5L and then i was good to go!

IGN: inDane
Last edited by inDane on Jan 17, 2015, 7:54:20 PM
Ty a lot for this build!
Right now lvl 68 ranger using this items:
Spoiler

Still dont buy decent boots helm and gloves so there will be more hp.
Very fun and nice to play build. LA with 100% pierce create so much explosions.
Spoiler
sorry for my bad english
Last edited by dmc94 on Jan 18, 2015, 6:20:25 AM
I think you could use some Whetstones and Scraps for quality ;)

Fun build so far thanks. I just made it into maps and enjoying the speed at which I can melt packs.

How necessary do you think Frenzy charges are? Right now I'm running herald of thunder curse on hit. So with the three heralds I'm not able to run hatred though, do you feel this setup sacrifices too much on dps for the long run?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info